Sign in to follow this  
markh

10181 - Eiffel Tower, error?

Just finished building the first stage of the Eiffel Tower and started on the second. Just curious as to the way lego have designed how the first and second stages fit together and if I've made a mistake during building. The top of the first stage has an inner and outer smooth title black ring which finish at the same hight. The bottom of the second stage platform doesn't have a 1 Brick high ledge under the outside of the base, so when the second the stag sits on the first, the middle of the second stage sits flush with the first stage however the edge of the second stag sits 1 plate thickness higher leavening a gap.

Hope that makes sense to people :-)

A picture is worth a thousand words... I'm on campus, so I'll have to look when I get home.

That said, I don't remember any particular oddities when I built mine.

Edited by rollermonkey

Doing a little math on the instructions, I believe they should end up at the same height. It's not entirely clear why they aren't from you photo but the centre section looks right so I suspect the outer one is one plate too low somewhere along the way.

Very sorry, I didn't notice the set number. I thought you were talking about the new, small one from the Architecture line. I don't have the Creator Expert one.

...and dropbox / Word? Really?

Edited by rollermonkey

AndyC:

The issue is that they are at the same height. I've rebuilt it 3 times already but still doesn't seem right.

I'd agree it seems unusual but it's definitely how the instructions tell you to build it. If it were a problem I'd have expected TLG to have replaced their instructions by now. Still shouldn't be hard to mod it if it really feels wrong.

Just finished building the first stage of the Eiffel Tower and started on the second. Just curious as to the way lego have designed how the first and second stages fit together and if I've made a mistake during building. The top of the first stage has an inner and outer smooth title black ring which finish at the same hight. The bottom of the second stage platform doesn't have a 1 Brick high ledge under the outside of the base, so when the second the stag sits on the first, the middle of the second stage sits flush with the first stage however the edge of the second stag sits 1 plate thickness higher leavening a gap.

Hope that makes sense to people :-)

I have the same problem. When I look at the LXF file (also found at this forum), it seems that it was designed like this but it feels not right.

How did you solve this?

/Hans

I solved this problem myself by lowering the inner ring by removing four 2x2 bricks, see picture below.

18507720682_e68dd12439_b.jpg.

This works fine with me, although I find it strange that Lego made this mistake. Still not convinced that I made a mistake somewhere...?

/Hans