Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[MOC] Raider Ambush

I just quickly whipped this moc up, wanting to use some of the new gray pieces I bought yesterday. It's just a group of raiders climbing the wall and taking out a guard, preparing to wreak havoc on the city.

img_3566.jpg

img_3567.jpg

img_3568.jpg

img_3569.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks pretty good. However, when connecting you slide pieces, I see no reason to have a black piece there. Also, the wall is a little strange. I see that you are trying to prevent a big ugly gray wall, but the mix-match the way you did is a little strange. Perhaps you could do a full gray wall with some 1x1 dark gray pieces to make it more neatly done. Just some advice! :wink:

Nice vignette, would be nice to see a little work on the landscaping though. I like to use lots of green 1x1 and 1x2 plates to create a more varied and realistic landscape, especially around paths, giving it a real worn-down windy look :sweet:

Good minifigure posing too!

Thanks everyone! I agree with what's been said about the walls: it's just a hodgepodge I guess. I'll keep that in mind for the next castle wall I do. Variation, but not too much. :tongue:

For the landscaping, that's one of the hardest things for me to do, one that I rarely do it, and two that I don't have that wide variety of green pieces, or a lot of them for that matter, to do it.

It looks really nice, I wish I could build that, but I just cannot demolish my castles for the bricks.

It looks really nice, I wish I could build that, but I just cannot demolish my castles for the bricks.

Actually, mine were all spare bricks I have bought/found. All my castles (save for one which has been merged into another two) are intact and haven't been demolished.