Kai NRG

MOC: Overlooking the Beach

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

How better to relax on a summer afternoon than with a burger, fries, and a drink, overlooking a sandy beach?

8540772620_98e5b0e22d.jpg

This build was a bit of a challenge, as it's actually two different parts, so I had to do quite a lot of experimentation with the camera angle, height of the balcony, distance, etc (and in the end, I ended up using one of the first photos...). SNOT sand and water can be pretty tough too, especially since I didn't have quite as much blue as I had hoped. Hope you enjoy it, comments welcome!

Great shot! I'd imagine the forced perspective shots are tricky to get just right. Between the angle, the scale of the out of focus bits and such. You captured it perfectly.

Fantastic forced perspective, you really do feel like you're sitting on a balcony looking down to the beach! The colours in this scene also work really well.

Wow! The huge contrast of scale put together with the colour really makes the forced perspective pop.

Thanks guys and gals! I've dabbled in forced perspective before, but this is probably my best so far!

...Nice food, what type of drink is that?

If it was me, it would be Sprite, but who knows? :grin: