Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

Please Help Jakob McKee...

All,

Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been working on a super top secret project

I just took the survey. Most of the parts I chose were mainly basic bricks and some castle wall pieces in the new grays as well as a couple of minifig weapons I would like to see in other colors. Probably wont happen though :( I also chose baseplate 48x48 in green and tan as I would like some of these very much.

I hope to see the results and find out what will happen.

Seems very interesting, I'm sure its worth the time to take a look.

Jon.

I will take time to do it tonight. I'm happy cause even if we are a small community, we are always trying to help as much as we can :) Thx to all the members who are doing the survey :)

i won't do the survey... IMO its a little bit silly to let people select only 20(!!!) parts from all lego parts... most choices will be influenced by the projects, the afols are working on (e.g. would somebody building a large space station using the tie cockpit windows add this part to his list, though he won't need any of this windows in a half year...)

oh, and i wouldn't be able to do a senseful selection of 20 parts, but if i would do the survey, it would end up like this: Battle droid head (1x tan, 1x sand red, 1x commander, 1x pilot, 1x securtity), battle droid torso (1x tan, 1x sand red, 1x security, 1x pilot, 1x commander), battle droid legs (1x tan, 1x sand red), battle droid arms (1x tan, 1x sand red, 1x grey, 1x dark grey, 1x black, 1x blue,...)

:P

nonetheless i hope that "Project X" will be a success and that they will decide right!!! ;)

hmmm... bulk battle droid pieces. What a load of junk!!

I don't know who in the right mind would want any of them. :P

Anyway, Im sure if many people take part we will all benefit from it.

Jon.

hmmm... bulk battle droid pieces.

Well I would by some.... :<

but i don't hopw that they will only release the "top 20" parts, that would be a really little spectrum of good parts... maybe there will be up to 50 or 100 different parts available... but we will see....

IMO it would be the best to release type-based kits... such are already available, but they should really expand the amount of this kits...

e.g. a hinge kit, with several click hinges, some old ones, the technic hinges of at-at/at-te,....

and they should offer this kits in different colors.... at least in different basic colors, the hinges e.g. could be released in white, grey, black, blue and red....

and they could do some (bigger) kits for castle theme, for the city theme, than some kits using similar types of bricks (e.g. slopes...)

oh, and a star wars kit would be great.. some trooper helmets, some tie cockpits, some tiles (imperial/rebel signs, the 1x4 dartk grey technical plate,...)

For me the bulks with all the necessary parts already exists (blue tub, red tub, etc..).

I agree with apophis(but 22 minutes before him) : asking for 20 parts in the whole lego collection is a nonsense.

I choose only 5 pieces, and I should only have choosen one sincethe 4 other are pretty stupid (pieces that I never got the occasion to buy). I'm pretty certain that a sorcier bearb shouldn't be a valid entry for this kind of survey (: /

I just hope the majority of the vote will concern parts I use.

In fact I'm not a part guy, so I let the "part experts" decide for me... Go fbtb, decide for me :lol:

Lets hope that we can buy some of the bulk sts soon, so we can get start building..

Yes, and hopefully we will get some useful parts. Not just random pieces we can't use.

Jon.

yes but i'm afraid they will launch a bulk of 20 pieces that aren't fitting together. Like space+castle+town walls. What kind of nice stuff could you create with this ? :huh:

An exploded building! :P just tip the parts out of the bag and you get a different one every time.

But yes I agree, what is the point in having a bunch of totally different parts?? :huh:

Jon.

Well I don't see the point of releasing parts in old colors. And the vote is not really a good process in my opinion.

First of all, one people can vote many times (changing IP's, etc...)

Then , if you vote for 19 parts and that one of your part win the vote, will you buy the entire bulk ?

It seems that they'd better choose the right parts and the right color ><

Good luck jake, I know that dealing with the fan community is a hard job ! They're never happy (I am a good example :P)