Hello Lego Technic Fans

I have recently completed this nice model. During construction I had the impression, that Lego is missing a piece:

I did attach a picture to show what piece I mean.

What do you think?

ChrisLegix

post-25348-0-20667100-1361720363_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisLegix

That looks like a useful piece especially in that situation. Maybe they will make one soon since they did that also on the 9397. I didn't really like that detail so I designed my way around it with some different pieces on both sets.

If you look closely you can see what I did there on mine.

42006_Excavator_Orange_C_zps7c7de7b0.jpg

Edited by Technic Gearhead

No, I don't think there is a missing Lego piece. The gray 3L Technic Pin with Stop Bush is merely acting as a "spacer" between the two yellow Technic Liftarms. One does not need any connection between the two liftarms to be stable; there only needs to be Technic Pins protruding from both liftarms.

I love the solution Technic Gearhead found. I am often not ready to change a design right from the start but its a neat solution.

One more thing i don't like is that the grabber is not balancing well.

I will work on a solution there.

Thanks. I'm very respectful of the designs from LEGO and hesitant to change much unless there is a good enough reason and I have a solution I like more. I just figure most of that sort of stuff is cost related anyways, which is something we can all appreciate.

The good news is we have plenty of parts to choose from to make tweaks and that is where a lot of the fun is for me. :classic:

I love the solution Technic Gearhead found. I am often not ready to change a design right from the start but its a neat solution.

One more thing i don't like is that the grabber is not balancing well.

I will work on a solution there.

The grabber is the best part of this model and the new parts are very nice :)