Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Scumbag LEGO store: told me to come back in a week... is under renovations until spring.

On the plus side, all Target had in the way of 2013 sets was Furno XL. So I got him. Wheeeeee.

Any good?

Indeed he is. The shoulder armor is a bit weird, and his lower torso seems a bit bare in comparison to the upper, but the weapons are super cool, and the overall design is sweet.

Indeed he is. The shoulder armor is a bit weird, and his lower torso seems a bit bare in comparison to the upper, but the weapons are super cool, and the overall design is sweet.

He's actually one of my favourite HF sets of all time - I plan to do some small mods to him to bulk up his lower torso and fix the floppiness of his arms (that LegoJang mentioned in his video review), then he'd be almost perfect!

HeroSector has a whole story of Hero Factory Secret Mission 3 Collision Course.

The new ship the Valiant[/url] is speeding through deep space on its maiden voyage captain by Aquax to patrol the deep space frontier in places Heroes don't normally go. The chief science technician, Xera detected a very strange sight floating in space, an array of floating Brains. Xera wanted to bring one on board the Valiant, but Aquax and Kirch, the security chief, didn't allow it. Despite this, Xera took a shuttlecraft out into the Brain swarm. At the Hero Factory, Natalie Breez found Rocka working on the sensors, and brought him to a meeting where Preston Stormer discussed the status of Mission: Catch 'Em and Cuff 'Em. The major villains were recaptured and law enforcement was scooping up the minor ones, in addition William Furno and Dunkan Bulk had retrofitted the prison. After Rocka's sensors glitched, Stormer gave him a lecture and told him to wait until Jimi Stringer arrived from his complicated mission. Furno stopped Breez from doing a hard training exercise alone and Stormer had her monitor deep space frequencies. She then picked up Aquax telling Xera to return to the Valiant.

Despite Aquax's rage Xera arrived and had him study it while Kirch guarded it. When Xera left Kirch shot at the Brain, freeing it from its containment and it attached itself to Kirch. Kirch had now become the swarm leader, and let the Brains infest the ship. At Hero Factory the monitors showed the Valiant moving at excessive speed straight for Hero Factory. Breez and Rocka were equipped with new tools and sent with jetpacks to the Valiant. As they were approaching, the ship seemed unstoppable, and Furno and Bulk elected to destroy despite it costing Rocka and Breez's life. Stormer refused and went to jetpacked himself to the Valiant. Breez and Rocka had boarded and detected organic lifeforms, and split up. Rocka went to engineering and disabled the door with an auxiliary control system, and avoided being attacked by Brains. Breez met Xera who told her of the Brains and was on the run, and told Breez to head into the vents.

Stormer contacted Aquax and lied that the Valiant had not been boarded and Aquax seem cordial, but forgot crucial details of a story of his and Stormer's past. Stormer then came under fire from Kirch on the Valiant but used meteors to block his signal. Kirch detected Rocka in the Valiant and went to capture him, instructing Aquax to continue firing upon Stormer. Aquax disobeyed and let Stormer board to gain credit for bringing the legendary Hero under the swarm's thrall. Without Stormer, Bulk made the call to sendDrop Ship's including Nathan Evo's to destroy the Valiant even if it would mean destroying his teammates. Bulk gave the orders and then left Furno to write his resignation. Rocka entered engineering and fought against many Brain controlled crewmembers until Kirch captured him. Breez found a Brain in the vents. Managing to destroy she freed some crew-members until getting attacked by some under Brain control. Stormer backed her up but they were confronted by Aquax until Xera saved them.

Kirch announced he had Rocka hostage until Evo's Drop Ships arrived with new orders Furno had came up with: to use their tractor beams to slow the ship. Kirch was forced to report to the command chair, where he met the Heroes. Xera betrayed Breez by explaining he was going to be the Brains' ambassador to the world, but Breez stopped him. The ship was reprogrammed to fly into the sun, and Bulk and Furno arrived to stop Kirch from firing on Evo's Drop Ships. Kirch was forced to leave with the Brains (save Aquax), and promised Stormer they would meet again. Bulk destroyed the Valiant's engines to stop it, but as evidenced by Kirch and the Brains being vaporized by the heat of the star upon leaving, no one could leave or save them. Using galedanium, explosives on the ship, Aquax helped deploy them in front of the Valiant, sending it away from the sun of Makuhero City.

The Heroes were rescued, and Aquax promised Heroes would guard the outer rim of the galaxy. Stormer refused to accept Bulk's resignation, calling him a good Hero, but told him that the Valiant was likely just an opportunity the Brains took, not their true plan. He then guessed that the Brains would be seen again.

Edited by DarkSurgeXL

I just remembered that Mirror World book, I wonder if it'll explain something about the Antiquaza? I mean, Antiquaza is a "reflection" of Quaza, and after Black Phantom used it we never got anything more about it.

Also off-topic but Cryoshell released the new

recording.

I just remembered that Mirror World book, I wonder if it'll explain something about the Antiquaza? I mean, Antiquaza is a "reflection" of Quaza, and after Black Phantom used it we never got anything more about it.

Also off-topic but Cryoshell released the new

recording.

Huh. That is an interesting theory. I once had a thought that maybe Anti-Quaza could turn heroes into villains, or actually weaken them alot, and that villains from Villain Factory might be powered by Anti-Quaza, like heroes are powered by Quaza.

So maybe next, if possible, Kirch might become a set? He is brain controlled now anyway. Could work for the person behind the attack.

A lot better theory than the Thresher one.

If you were talking about my post, I meant he could become the Brain Attack leader's minion. He can't be there leader because it says they took control of him.

A lot better theory than the Thresher one.

Considering that theory came pretty much out of nowhere, yes.

Honestly though, Thresher wouldn't even be a good twist villain not so much cos it's such a cliche plot point, but because of how little a part Thresher plays in the big picture. Put simply I wouldn't care or have any emotional conflict if he turned villain, unlike Disgaea 3 which I dare not spoil. I haven't read much of the books, but from what I hear Thresher sounds incredibly bland anyway.

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

Does anyone have any clue on when the new episode will be released? It'd be nice to get a much closer look on the summer wave. It's a pretty big shame on how we got no leaked pictures of them at the end of Dec. :/ it would also be a pleasure to see the rest of the LoC ultrabuilds too. Imo I think this will be a plentiful year for mocing judging from the pieces I''ve seen already :)

Yay! Breez arrived today. I must say, she's a very good figure, and probably my favorite Brain Attack Hero for wave 1.

Kalhiki

Does anyone have any clue on when the new episode will be released? It'd be nice to get a much closer look on the summer wave. It's a pretty big shame on how we got no leaked pictures of them at the end of Dec. :/ it would also be a pleasure to see the rest of the LoC ultrabuilds too. Imo I think this will be a plentiful year for mocing judging from the pieces I''ve seen already :)

Breakout was in April, so assuming we'll only have one episode, I'd say around the same time. It's only been 2013 for 11 days, give it a bit =P.

So maybe next, if possible, Kirch might become a set? He is brain controlled now anyway. Could work for the person behind the attack.

I'd check the rest of the information before making that leap...

Well he did say he would meet them again. It also states he was attack and latched on to by the brain when he broke open the brain's pod. We will have to wait and see when next year comes around.

Wouldn't it be pretty interesting if next year there would be a whole new team of heroes? There's still colors like brown, dark green, purple, navy blue, gun metal, and even maroon that still could be used for new heroes. I think it would be interesting and a change from the usual hero line up we get now.

Wouldn't it be pretty interesting if next year there would be a whole new team of heroes? There's still colors like brown, dark green, purple, navy blue, gun metal, and even maroon that still could be used for new heroes. I think it would be interesting and a change from the usual hero line up we get now.

I'd like to see that - while the current team doesn't feel stale for me yet, it would be refreshing to see a new team. I really liked how Bionicle revolved around the 3 teams of Nuva-Metru-Inika, it was a really good mix of new and old.

I'd really like to see different teams, different Heroes at least as well.

Perhaps new colors could be mixed in with the colors we have now to make interesting looking Heroes? For whatever reason, dark/earth/Metru Red and orange feel like they could be a good combo.

And perhaps another female Hero or two? It would be rather interesting to see what the designers do with a new female, with all these newer parts at their disposal... :D

Alright, 12th day of 2013 over here and interesting stuff has happened overnight! I feel like there could be a new red+purple female hero, and a yellow and green male hero thrown in, just in case. But then, that's what MOCs are for!

It would be nice to have a new team. It would be interesting if we would get a character with a translucent as the primary color.

An hour long episode would be good. Even better would be if they decided to make it even longer than just two episodes and make it four like "Rise of the Rookies".