kyphur

MOD: Big Rigs

It's always bothered me that TLG uses the same wheels for Semis and regular cars but then occasionally you'll see vehicles with these very large wheels os I finally decided to rework the semis to use larger wheels and even have dual wheels where appropriate.These designs are based off 7848 - Toys R Us Truck and 60018 - Cement Truck.I have 3 different cabs:1. "Cab-Over", where the driver sits above the engine (the cab tilts forward for engine access.2. Engine Forward Day Cab.3. Engine Forward Sleeper Cab.The first 2 only have a single drive axle sporting Duel wheels but the Sleeper has tandem axles with Duel wheels.I've also started working on converting some trailers. So far I have a Container Trailer that fits 2 Maersk Containers and a basic LowBoy. I do want to make a few more trailers such as a Car Hauler, Tanker and Standard Box Trailer. I'm also thinking of making a rig (HuckePack) for hauling another Semi or two as seen in this pic:

HuckepackCrop.JPGHere is the set on Flickr CLICK HERE and some of the pics:8452181037_295c4df24e_c.jpgBig Rigs - 1 by Kyphur_Trains, on Flickr8453271838_74f9b73c52_c.jpgTrailers - 1 by Kyphur_Trains, on Flickr8453271920_b301e03162_c.jpgTrailers - 2 by Kyphur_Trains, on Flickr

nice retrofit kyphur. The wheel choice for for semi trucks also bugs me in city sets. I would like to see more dual wheels as you have nicely illustrated.