Sign in to follow this  
mordatre

[MOC] Kuat Drive Yards Delta 66 Starfighter

Swedish Communityforum Swebrick held a contest about designing an Imperial fighter that could outmatch the rebels X-wings. My contribution was the Kuat Drive Yards Delta-66 Incinerator-class Starfighter. The backstory included with the MOC named Lira Wessex as the designer who based it on her father´s Delta-7 Aethersprite and Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing design.

Armament included double Taim & Bak KX9 lasercannons and MG7-A Protontorpedoes. It was equipped with dual ionengines aswell as a hyperdrive and a modified R-3 series Astromech to help with navigation and weaponsystems. Dual deflectorshields for both impact and enemy fire. Movable wings and extra thrusters made it extremely manouverable, however it needed forcesensitive pilots to fully utilize this and the Emperor handpicked females from his own Royal Guard. Seats are made of Corellian leather and Wookiefur.

As a homage to the great Kaleesh warlord and separatist general Grievous, the starfighter seen from above resembled his mask worn as a cyborg.

8404148793_8ae096a7d5.jpg

delta661 by mordatre, on Flickr

8404148779_2daf2293f7.jpg

delta662 by mordatre, on Flickr

8404148767_76fe422a85.jpg

delta663 by mordatre, on Flickr

8404148709_6bb499cbb7.jpg

delta664 by mordatre, on Flickr

8404253723_a7fa0ed141.jpg

delta6602 by mordatre, on Flickr

8404153443_4faa46944b.jpg

delta6601 by mordatre, on Flickr

For more pics, click an image to enter my Flickrstream.

Edited by mordatre

Though it is a great ship, it looks a bit over detailed to be a SW fighter, most of them are very smooth.

Good luck in the contest though.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the fur of the set :laugh: and the style of the starfighter :wink:

Though it is a great ship, it looks a bit over detailed to be a SW fighter, most of them are very smooth.

Good luck in the contest though.

I admit I got carried away in the greeblingprocess but looking at the Y-wing, X-wing, Super Stardestroyers, Venator/Imperial-class destroyers, Grievous Belbullab Starfighter, they really aren´t that smooth. :wink:

I admit I got carried away in the greebling process but looking at the Y-wing, X-wing, Super Stardestroyers, Venator/Imperial-class destroyers, Grievous Belbullab Starfighter, they really aren´t that smooth. :wink:

The Y-Wings are an exception but the X-Wings are quite smooth, only small parts of them are exposed greebling at all. Star Destroyers don't count they are far to big to be smooth :tongue:.