When I was growing up I only had one of these sets but I did really like them, does a line like this exist and if not do you see TLG ever bringing something like this out again the future?

The LEGO Model Team Sets have not been produced since 2004; see the last one below (10151, a re-release of the 5541 Blue Fury Hot Rod from 1995). Perhaps the set that is most admired is the 5571 Giant Truck from 1996.

10151-1.jpg5571-1.jpg

There are several Adult Fan of Lego (AFOL) builders who like building in the "Model Team" style. The closest LEGO theme nowadays is the "Creator" theme, but the level of detail and number of parts is not the same as the old "Model Team" theme....

27047313.JPG

This is maybe the closest in spirit. Working steering, suspension, winch; opening doors, hood, tailgate.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=5893-1

Brickset reviews are universally good for that set. None mention that the quad bike is crappy, and the trailer is meh, but the truck is great. My kid loves it. It might be found on sale prices as old stock, I paid less than £50 for it.

Model Team is my favorite classic theme. There are plenty of current models that are fantastic too. Creator is the closest theme to Model Team, like Highway Pickup (7347). There are also exclusive, large scale sets that are not part of a theme. Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (10220) and Shuttle Expedition (10231), for example, are very nice. You could also do what I've been doing recently, and buy the old Model Team sets. You can still find them online for sale. Not exactly cheap usually, but occasionally you can get very lucky on eBay. I did, in the last couple weeks. I'll post pictures shortly.

Here is a Lego "Model Team"-type MOC -- my Lego Digital Designer (LDD) model of a 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. It features an opening hood (bonnet) and rear tailgate, a working V4 engine, and folding front seats. It uses 643 parts and has 216 steps in the LDD Building Guide. The LDD .lxf Building Instruction file is available for download here. I used the LDD to POV-Ray Converter software for the renders. The model has been posted on Rebrickable so you can build one if you'd like. :classic: Also see my Flickr photoset.

8430501213_53df82e5bd_c.jpg8430501117_98bcc21917_c.jpg8438085980_38551f29b7_c.jpg8439402250_9ca3095ca7_c.jpg

I just was a few pushes away of making similar thread. What the hell happened to Team model! :cry_sad:

When i was a child Team model stuff was my favourite sets, that i could not afford! They were my Holy Grail of Lego. Our Family was way to poor to afford anything larger, then small/medium size sets!

when i came back to Lego as adult i found Team model to be gone. What a shame. I know some creator models are sort of team model stuff, but in reality, those are not even near the Epicness of old stuff. I would SOOOOO love LEGO to bring these back!