Sign in to follow this  
acidophilus

Fire Lord MOC Version 2

Think you doubled that group picture there.

No matter. It is pretty cool seeing the Fire -Lord like that.

As far as Fire-Lord revamps go, this one is pretty good. He looks better armored, stronger, and the color scheme doesn't look as hectic as before. I love the flames bursting off his back, that ties him in very well with the fire-theme. It's a shame his bladed-weapon is gone, I rather liked that aspect of the original set, but the sword(pulled directly off Furno XL I see), looks a fair bit better to me.

The orange on the legs isn't as distracting as before, thanks to the armor, and I like that you reused the Furno torso almost entirely.

Speaking of the legs, I'd like to know how you attached the outside bones on the legs to the torso. I can't really see what's going on there in the pictures.

Overall.. it's pretty good. Nice work :)

Fire Lord looks really good here, but I would replace the silver `Villain Core` with a gunmetal one and mod Furno´s sword a little.

Cirkit: He´s connected the `outside` part of the leg to a second torso beam.

Edited by DraikNova

Fire Lord looks really good here, but I would replace the silver `Villain Core` wi

Fire Lord looks really good here, but I would replace the silver `Villain Core` with a gunmetal one and mod Furno´s sword a little.

th a gunmetal one and mod Furno´s sword a little.

I tried a pair of gunmetal cores at first, but the silver helped to ditribute the colors more evenly

The original weapon can be alternated in at any time. I like the original too, but I'm really digging the new sword.

Yes, that's correct about the second torso beam, but not on the hip ball, but a swiveling ball joint mounted on the spine. The second torso also serves to make Fire Lord taller. The proprotions of the original looked so akward, I felt the bones had too be almost completely redone.

I'm certain there will be more mods in the future, it's no fun to "finish" absolutely a Lego creation.

Edited by acidophilus

Looks very good, the only thing I'd suggest would be to add a red "villain core" piece on his torso armour. It looks somewhat empty, and the spike arms only draw more attention to the empty center...

But aside from that minor nitpick, he looks very cool.

Looks very good, the only thing I'd suggest would be to add a red "villain core" piece on his torso armour. It looks somewhat empty, and the spike arms only draw more attention to the empty center...

But aside from that minor nitpick, he looks very cool.

Yes, I tried that, but it is so large that it covered all the nice detail of the new torso, which I really like. I do agree something in the center would help, but I want something smaller, but I've not found a good fit yet.

Thank you for the comments.

Amazing work ...the first picture remember me the evil Sauron! :thumbup:

You must like LotR if you have a reference in your signature and you mention Sauron in a constraction thread.

Anyway, I love this.

Not only did you manage to keep a recognizable Fire Lord, but it actually looks good too.

That's very hard to do, as you didn't wonder too far from the original design, but some other Fire Lord mods actually change the complete design all together, and only keep a few original features. You used parts from the original Fire Lord, and you used other parts from another fairly large character, and you combined them to make a Fire Lord you can recognize from a mile away.

For that, you earn my respect.

Edit: "Ahhh! My cape is on fire! I'm burning! I'm burning!!! What a world, what a world..." said the new upgraded Fire Lord.

Edited by xxlrocka

You must like LotR if you have a reference in your signature and you mention Sauron in a constraction thread.

Anyway, I love this.

Not only did you manage to keep a recognizable Fire Lord, but it actually looks good too.

That's very hard to do, as you didn't wonder too far from the original design, but some other Fire Lord mods actually change the complete design all together, and only keep a few original features. You used parts from the original Fire Lord, and you used other parts from another fairly large character, and you combined them to make a Fire Lord you can recognize from a mile away.

For that, you earn my respect.

Edit: "Ahhh! My cape is on fire! I'm burning! I'm burning!!! What a world, what a world..." said the new upgraded Fire Lord.

Thank you. When I saw Furno XL in the store I wasn't feeling the new look for the Furno Character. I had been wanting to redesign my MOC Firelord for quite a while now, and thought the new parts, especially that cape, and sword would be perfect, and fitting for the Fire Lord character. A new bone structure, armor, and some fire pieces, and I'm happy with how this version turned out.

Edited by acidophilus