Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 55: Sang Des Hommes

"Glad that you listened to me, Master Thalion. But I am hungry and I think it is time for elevenses, isn't it?

Thalion turned and gave Amma a puzzled look, "Whatever all that is supposed to mean, mistress Stigveladi!?"

Turning to the party, he asked, "Again, forward of to the left?" While waiting for the reply, he tries to spot a town in one of the directions.

You see some buildings between the two paths. One of them would seem to eventually turn to the town. though the tall grass prohibits you from seeing where each direction leads.

"Don't you know Elevenses? or Second breakfast? I once lived with some people that are on a short side as well. They eat not less than five times a day. I got used to it very soon.

Nessa, my dear child. Didn't you draw a map? Could you show me where we are?" I am completely lost."

Edited by PsyKater

"I guess the town might be on the left side. We saw it from the dead end. The path to the left points in the same direction. So this would be the way to choose, I assume."

By this, Nessa shows her drawn map to Amma and the rest of the party.

Q55%2520-%2520Map.png

Edited by herrJJ

Thalion nodded. Again, without any sort of guidance one path was as good as another... "To the left it is then as far as I am concerned, unless more people say otherwise."

"Your name was on the Quest Board, as they call it. And I am kind of familiar with the other members of the party... and the dwarf. So I guessed your name, Dreyrgur." Nessa says to Dreyrugr.

"Good to see someone who has a brain."

Thalion nodded. Again, without any sort of guidance one path was as good as another... "To the left it is then as far as I am concerned, unless more people say otherwise."

"Left would be closer to the smell of smoke so I agree with that but shouldn't we hurry? The smell of smoke when we are trying to save a town does not bode well for us."

"Well, nice work Nessa with this map. I think we should go left."

"Don't you know Elevenses? or Second breakfast? I once lived with some people that are on a short side as well. They eat not less than five times a day. I got used to it very soon.

"We haven't done any battle and you are already hungry??? *huh* Mistress Stigveladi, you upsets me, I thought you was more resistant. :grin: I think we have all to wait for a meal; personally I prefer to reach this smoke smell."

"Well, nice work Nessa with this map. I think we should go left."

"Thank you, Master Alexander."

"We haven't done any battle and you are already hungry??? *huh* Mistress Stigveladi, you upsets me, I thought you was more resistant. :grin: I think we have all to wait for a meal; personally I prefer to reach this smoke smell."

"But the two of you should spare their power for the enemies. So don't waste it in this fight. I think we are all hungry - at least in a way." Nessa looks slightly to the pale guy who seems to have some other cravings. "We may just go on, now!"

Edited by herrJJ

"But the two of you should spare their power for the enemies. So don't waste it in this fight. I think we are all hungry - at least in a way." Nessa looks slightly to the pale guy who seems to have some other cravings. "We may just go on, now!"

"Oh, it isn't a fight, only a discussion to fill the dead time. Yes, I'm hungry for glory, power and so on; I'm ready to go to left but is a decision of the Party Leader Thalion."

"It's always the same with you guys. 'We don't want to rest until we reach our destination or we face our enemies.' Bla, bla. However, I've learned to appreciate a good meal or two. You have to eat to be strong.", mutters Amma to the arguing elf.

"But I have the feeling that we all agree on going left and to hurry. The smoke is not a good sign. Hopefully we don't come too late."

Edited by PsyKater

The party turns left and continues, finally, a town is in sight. When you get there, you see the sad state of its defenses.

img_2526.jpg

trent_pic.png

"Mon Dieu! Thank goodness you are here heroes! I am Captain Trent. We just survived a wave of attacks, but we drove them off. They retreated back to their camp. Currently, we are unaware of of the condition of the North side of town or the East side. (You are currently in the southwest side.) We can't hold off for much longer, we were worried where you were. What took so long?"

The rest of the rebels cheered as they saw 6 more men join them.

Party:

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-) *Party Leader*

213 years old male elf Mage

Level: 8

Power: 13 (Level 8 + WP 5)

Defense: 1

Health: 12/12 (5 + 7)

Ether: 12/12 (5 + 7)

Gold: 99

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Afinity (WP: 5, has a 1/6 chance to deal the "Cursed" effect on successful spells, and a 1/6 chance to deal the "Blessed" effect on successful healing), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), 2 Potions, Grand Tonic, Dirt Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_1.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Ranger

Level 3

Power: 8 (LVL 3+WP 5)

Defense: 1 (Leather Armour)

Health: 8/8

Gold: 6

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 5, darkness-elemental), Leather Armour (Artifact, SP: 1)

Inventory: Bedroll, Shovel, 2 Potions, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, 1 Holy Bomb

post-32797-0-56005700-1354524359.jpg

Nessa Anárion (herrJJ)

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level 1

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 0

Equipment: Forgotten Long Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion (2x), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

photo-30022.jpg?_r=1354898533

Stigveladi ("Amma") Kötturin (PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Mage (f)

Level 1

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice Elemental), Potion (2x), Bedroll

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Rogue

Level 6

Power: 11 (Level 6+Weapon 5)

Health: 12/12 (Rogue Base 7+ Level Bonus 5)

Gold: 31

Equipment: Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5)

Inventory: Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Amethyst

8255090862_cdfce7fe3e.jpg

Janek of Salmanda (HeinzWilhelm)

72 year old Travelling mage

Level: 1

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 5

Equipment: Magic stick (Wp3)

Inventory: Potion, Sapphire (Wind), Bedroll

"Hello Captain, we encounter your man Abel Bon dead and the soldiers retiring; we took so long bacause we had some trouble choosing the right path." To the party: "In my opinion, we should go firstly to the East side and after to the North side."

After that Alexander leaves the word to the rest of the group and tries to dig the ground.

"Thalion - whispers Alexander - what we do with the letter??"

Thalion bows slightly, "Greetings captain Trent, my name is Thalion Dwinlas. We got a bit lost in your countryside so it took us a little while to get here. Please, inform us of the current situation, and tell us what can we do to help!?"

Turning to Alexander, Thalion whispered, "For now we don't say anything, when situation calms down a bit we will ask them if they recognize the seal on it."

Edited by -obelix-

"What took so long?"

"Something to do with the fact you put no signposts up. In the need to be quick splitting up is an option but I'll follow whatever choice our leader makes."

Thalion bows slightly, "Greetings captain Trent, my name is Thalion Dwinlas. We got a bit lost in your countryside so it took us a little while to get here. Please, let us in on the current situation first, and tell us what can we do to help!?"

Turning to Alexander, Thalion whispered, "For now we don't say anything, when situation calms down a bit we will ask them if they recognize the seal on it."

trent_pic.png

"Of course. Well, about, a couple months ago. We drove the Croise's from our town. They treated us like slaves. If you rolled your eyes on the sidewalk, you were killed instantly by a guard. If you did some little thing, you were killed. They plan to try and establish a "perfect world." A ridiculous idea, it will never happen. They have a few armies, and they came back to capture us again. They said each rebel who fights them will be executed. We set up these barricades to stop them. Each side of town has rebels defending them, but they also have Croise's to fight."

"Hello Captain, we encounter your man Abel Bon dead and the soldiers retiring; we took so long bacause we had some trouble choosing the right path." To the party: "In my opinion, we should go firstly to the East side and after to the North side."

After that Alexander leaves the word to the rest of the group and tries to dig the ground.

"Thalion - whispers Alexander - what we do with the letter??"

trent_pic.png

Trent frowns. "Hmm, an Abel Bon, I do not know an Abel. We did recieve a few men this morning, and they said they were ambushed."

You dig, but find nothing in the street.

"Do you have something to eat? I am hungry after our long journey!"

trent_pic.png

"If moldy bread and apples suit you, then yes."

"That sounds unjust for the common people, and if what you say about the Croise guard's actions is true then you did the right thing, and personally, I will be happy to aid you in your struggle for freedom. Unfortunately, as my friend had already said, we found what seemed to be a Croise patrol on our journey here, who had captured and killed one of your people, Abel Bon I believe was his name. Tell us, how many men do you have, how many men have attacked you and how are the defenses arranged? Also, would you like us to see the situation in northern and eastern parts of town, if you haven't gotten the reports from there?"

trent_pic.png

Sigh... "Not counting you heroes, I have six men here. Probably five or just a much on the East side. They defend a river there so they are also kind of safe. It would take horses to ride across because it is kind of deep. I have no clue on the North side. They also just have a few tables and carts. If you go to the North side, ask to speak to a Jonothan, and if you go to the East, talk to my loyal guard in the beret. He doesn't talk much though."

"Captain, where do you think the Croise will attack next? And how men of them are here?"

Nessa turns to the party and says: "So we should head to the north then?"

Edited by herrJJ

trent_pic.png

"I don't know ze plans ze have. If only vee could find out. Also, All I know is that they outnumber us."

"Uhm, seen that the north is more defenseless, I agree with Nessa to head to the north firstly and after move on to checking the East."

"Captain, before we decide where to deploy, could you perhaps tell us whose seal is on this letter and what could it be? It might, hopefully, shed some new light on this situation..." Thalion takes out and hands captain the letter they picked up in the unguarded camp.

trent_pic.png

"That iz the Croise's!"

Trent opens the letter.

Good work on surrounding those insolent rebels. I have direct orders for

you to get this over with once and for all. Command an infantry regiment

to the South West, and send a cavalry squad across the river to wipe the

defenders out. After that, we can crush the remaining with siege and archer

strikes from the North.

-Caesar, Croise lead General

trent_pic.png

"Aha, this is from the leader of le Croise's himself. They'll figure out something is missing sooner or later, but their plans will be stalled for awhile." :devil:

"Excellent! It is their document, as we thought it might be. So, what do we do; stay here and help you or go to the east side? You know the situation and the defenses, so we rely on your judgement. After those assaults, I suppose we will all go to the north and repel the attack there."