Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 55: Sang Des Hommes

Thalion felt a rage building inside him, a feeling he hasn't felt in a long, long time, "First off THIEF, I am no one's master and I will not have my honor questioned by a grumpy little naysayer, who steals lost elven girls family heirlooms in forests, at night. We did think about tactics and we did win as a team, but you were never part of a team, right from the start. Think about your actions then, and throughout this whole quest, . And yes, some members were more useful then the others, and YES by that I think of you. I am sorry I had nothing better to give out to Alexander and Nessa, because the two of them were more useful then the rest of us combined (dice=fate), but they did get those nice bows so I feel we've compensated them in some way. You on the other hand deserved NOTHING. You were grumbling, bickering and always doing what you wanted, only marginally listening to what we have to say and even then only if it suited you. Cast a spell - you throw your stick' drink a potion - you attack, come attack with us - you sit in the back. Yes, I believe we would have been better off without YOU." He pointed at Amma. "And if we did receive the loot at the start, it would have been distributed in the exact same way, the only thing I had in mind was to give you one of grand tonics, like I received one from the powerful sorcerer as a parting gift, when we leave this quest, but now I think I will give it to someone else, a person who deserves it far more then you."

"YOU are disappointed in ME?" Thalion took his scepter from the back and griped it tightly in front of him. "Feel free to challenge me any time!"

OOC: Hows that for a rage speech? :classic:

:look: Good.

Stigveladi felt much shorter than she already was as the Elven Mage was getting mad. But the anger in her even grows while the words are flying towards her. "HOW DARE YOU? Tell me one decision of mine that turned out to be bad for our party! And I do not recall sitting back while someone was expecting me to fight. I remember that you have been in worry about me all the time, asking me to pause the battle because of the risk. I was the only one risking his life in this war - several times, the only one nearly getting killed. You say that I did not show enough effort? HAH!

You are even contradictory. Just now you said that Janek and you were keeping me and Nessa alive, now you honor her as one of the best fighter. I admit that my luck in this battle was not so bright, but I can say the same about you. And did you already forget your first days as a Mage in attendance on the organization of Heroica? I bet you suffered from your weakness as a Mage as well.

Why did you even keep asking me repeatedly to waste my etheral strength while I obviously could use my nice old broomstick with the same efficiency? A good master would have teached me something like this. But it seems that you think of nothing but yourself."

She tries to calm down and looks around. Approaching Jonothan she says: "You told us that several Heroes of our organisation turned against you and submitted to the will of the Croisé's. Look at this overbearing elf. I fear he might do the same, even if he is now talking differently. He might want to let you feel in safety and return hisself on the side of the Croise's. Do not listen to his suggestion."

Amma turns back to Thalion, shaking her wrinkled head, suddenly feeling this old warmth growing inside her again. "I still can't believe that I was so wrong about you. I respected you as a strong and noble leader, but it turns out that you are egocentric, selfish, just awful. Please tell me that you are just fooling us. For the best of these people, I am willing to intermit our differences and either argue out or fight about this issue with you when we are back in Eubric."

She turns around and faces the other party members. "What do you think of his behavior? Whose side are you on?"

'Hey, Nessa... shouldn't you...?' With a strange feeling inside Nessa turned to both of the brawlers, just drawn to them by a power she didn't understand.

"Both of you, stop arguing, NOW! This is not the time, nor the place for such foolish accusations! Both of YOU should perhaps visit one of the gods' temples. But now we have some business to do and a task to finish. We have to act together as a team.

For you Thalion, in some way the dwarf is right. So I don't have a problem with that gold thing or what ever bothers you two. And every action was for our goal, not for our pure selfish thoughts.

And for you, Stigveladi... begging for death as you did is not a teamplayers action.

So this is not a question of side! We will finish this together or we won't finish the quest at all. Lay done your caveats! Afterwards is time for this childish behaviour - if there is any time at all for this.

As for the further thinking, I go with Thalion. But only if the Croise give some sort of assurance that they won't attack Charis anymore. Otherwise, we will come back and finish them off once and for all!"

'Good, my dear. And now calm done again.' 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

Edited by herrJJ

Thalion turned the scepter still in his hand, "These adjectives you used to describe me, think carefully about them OR if they imply to you, and then if the answer is no, come back and repeat them to me and I will accept them. How dare I, easy. Back in the hall of Heroica you never did explain the oddity of a young elf showing up sad, with an opal stone missing, and you showing up almost immediately one opal stone richer. When asked for an explanation, you refused to say anything, which everyone respected as they were your private. And YOU find it just to lecture me about THAT (staying silent about reasons for doing something). Hypocrite. It seems that I misjudged YOU, by taking your side in that matter and respecting your reasons for doing what you did. Be very careful with your words dwarf, and do not twist mine around. I DID NOT say Nessa was the best fighter, I said she was among the most USEFUL ones in the fights we had here. I did indeed suffer same bad luck in these fights, but what I did, I did for the group. I will even give you an example; instead of getting some much needed rest for an upcoming fight who got out and bought you supplies that would help you stay alive afterwords. I do not need for you to justify my actions now by saying "thats right" or "thank you", I do what I think is right and ask for no ones approval or forgiveness. I am no master or teacher; I am still only a recently graduated mage myself, and if you wish to learn - observe."

"And leave others alone, they do not need to take anyone's side, this is between you and me! Or do you plan a fight and need someone to back you up?"

Thalion stopped and pondered for a moment on what was said. His head and hands, and the scepter in them, lowered slightly, "I have no desire to fight, verbally or physically. It is not in my nature. Drop this matter, as I am willing to. Here, if it will make you happy or content, 30/6 is 5. But know that gold truly cannot buy happiness." Thalion throws 5 gold in front of Amma.

Stigveladi stares at the gold in front of her. A strong and strange force pushes her towards the gold, but she manages to resist. Trying to ignore the gold on the ground, she says:

"So, you want to bribe me to silence? Now the gold does not matter anymore for you? Fine, then you can give the rest out to everybody else as well. Nessa, Janek and Alexander spent a high amount on consumables as well. If you take it from that side, rather pay them than us."

After a short moment of thinking, she adds:

"But I am willing to accept your offer to drop this matter. I apologize for some of the words I have said to you, I did not intent to insult you. But I am still disappointed on the way you seem to be thinking. You mentioned that some Sorcerer has accompanied you before. Take some time and think about the influence he might have had on you."

While she is talking, Stigveladi keeps moving forward very slowly, still purporting to ignore the gold, until her foot finally lies on the gold. She still resists the desire to pick it up and hopes that everybody will now move on discussing the things that have to be discussed.

Edited by PsyKater

"A bribe would imply that I need you to do something for the gold, and I don't need you to do anything. You felt that I cheated you and ASKED for the gold so there you go. I know that I let Dreyrugr have some good things, and Nessa and Alexander already got well compensated for their expenses. Janek was as absentminded as you and he too was compensated. Last of the things I kept for myself I plan on giving, as I said already, to people I think truly deserve them, so the only logical conclusion left is, I should keep SOMETHING for myself for the expenses for future quests. I will speak no more of it." Thalion says with the definitive tone, turns and walks to the Charis and Croise.

OOC: I won't post Thalions comments on the sorcerer's evil influence, because I think Amma can't conclude, or even speculate, about it from that one, small mention. Especially because of him being generous in it. :)

Edited by -obelix-

As Thalion walks away from their dispute, Stigveladi looks around and as she realizes that nobody takes a notice of her at this moment, she hastily picks up the 5 Gold and puts them in her pocket. Leaving her hand on her pocket, she feels the influence the gold has on her.

{I just want to do... some shopping.}

After that, Amma walks to her party members as well, waiting to listen their suggestions as well.

Note to QM: -obelix- has noticed (thanks) that my ether should be 10/10.

Edited by PsyKater

scipio.png

"Don't worry, with out his second in command, Caesar will have some trouble getting more followers."

trent_pic.png

"Je suis glad that this is over! We declare peace. Heroes, the quest is victorious!"

You all gain a level of experience, you may go back to the Hall now, if you wish.

Party:

Thailon Dwinlas (-obelix-) *Party Leader*

213 years old male elf Mage

Level: 13

Power: 18

Defense: 1

Health: 17/17

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 125

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Afinity (WP: 5, has a 1/6 chance to deal the "Cursed" effect on successful spells, and a 1/6 chance to deal the "Blessed" effect on successful healing), Cloack of Espionage (Artefact, backwear, Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Grand Tonic 2x, Tonic, Remedy, Dirt Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll. Health Core, Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice),

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Ranger

Level 10

Power: 15

Defense: 2

Gold: 8

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 5, darkness-elemental *envenomed*), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) Maximum health +2, SP: 2)

Inventory: Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, Venom x2, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb 2x, 1 Holy Bomb, Belt Knife (WP:1), First Aid Kit, Fire Bomb ,

post-32797-0-56005700-1354524359.jpg

Nessa Anárion (herrJJ)

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level 8

Power: 14

Health: 13/13

Gold: 14

Equipment: Croise Bow (WP:6)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Forgotten Long Bow (WP: 3), Magic Compass, Fire Bomb, Venom

photo-30022.jpg?_r=1354898533

Stigveladi ("Amma") Kötturin (PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Mage (f)

Level 7

Power: 10

Health: 11/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 38

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice Elemental), Potion, Bedroll, Tonic 2x, Scroll of Inspiration

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Rogue

Level 12

Power: 17

SP:1

Health: 16/17

Gold: 80

Equipment: Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), Psuedos Hood, Leather Armor (SP: 1),

Inventory: Venom x2, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Smelling Salts 3x, Grand Potion, Potion, Amethyst,

8255090862_cdfce7fe3e.jpg

Janek of Salmanda (HeinzWilhelm)

72 year old Travelling mage

Level: 8

Power: 11

SP:2

Health: 12/12

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 23

Equipment: Magic stick (Wp3), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, max ether +4)

Inventory: Sapphire (Wind), Bedroll, Water Bomb

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

scipio.png

"Err... anyways. You have my word ALL prisoners will be released. And the Croise's probably wont be back for a really long time. I am their second in command of all of the Croise's. So it is decided, me, and the 4 knights are released. The town gets 25,000 gold. And you rebels get our supplies in a 50 km radius, and all Croise's withdraw to the Easter border. Shall we sign the treaty?"

"Ha, do you think you can fool us? You are just repeating your own demands!"

Edited by PsyKater

"This seems fair enough... for what you did. And keep in mind: if you fool us, we will be back and hunt you down, Croise!"

"What I hear from that is that you are effectively saying that your leader Caesar will come back either way. Maybe without you. But with loads of others. Perhaps we can prepare either way and it is good to get rid of you at least. So, Thalion, as our beloved Party-leader (feel the sarcasm), feel free to sign the treaty!"

"Those terms are a fair compromise I think. And I will take your word Scipio to do everything in your power to convince Croise not to return to these lands. So, Scipio, Jonothan, captain Trent, lets make peace!"

"And never mind the dwarf, most of the time there is a lady under there, somewhere, but she is having one of those days..."

Great rolepaly :thumbup:

"I think these terms are a fair agreement. I leave the discussion to more espert diplomats."

QM Note: Wooaahhhhh!! Where'd my post go? :wacko: Turns out I edited another instead of posted a new one... strange.... here it is:

scipio.png

"Don't worry, with out his second in command, Caesar will have some trouble getting more followers."

trent_pic.png

"Je suis glad that this is over! We declare peace. Heroes, the quest is victorious!"

You all gain a level of experience, you may go back to the Hall now, if you wish.

Party:

Thailon Dwinlas (-obelix-) *Party Leader*

213 years old male elf Mage

Level: 13

Power: 18

Defense: 1

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 125

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Afinity (WP: 5, has a 1/6 chance to deal the "Cursed" effect on successful spells, and a 1/6 chance to deal the "Blessed" effect on successful healing), Cloack of Espionage (Artefact, backwear, Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Grand Tonic 2x, Tonic, Remedy, Dirt Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll. Health Core, Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice),

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Ranger

Level 10

Power: 15

Defense: 2

Gold: 8

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 5, darkness-elemental *envenomed*), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) Maximum health +2, SP: 2)

Inventory: Bedroll, Shovel, Potion, Venom x2, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb 2x, 1 Holy Bomb, Belt Knife (WP:1), First Aid Kit, Fire Bomb ,

post-32797-0-56005700-1354524359.jpg

Nessa Anárion (herrJJ)

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level 8

Power: 14

Health: 13/13

Gold: 14

Equipment: Croise Bow (WP:6)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Forgotten Long Bow (WP: 3), Magic Compass, Fire Bomb, Venom

photo-30022.jpg?_r=1354898533

Stigveladi ("Amma") Kötturin (PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Mage (f)

Level 7

Power: 10

Health: 11/11

Ether: 11/11

Gold: 38

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3)

Inventory: Fragment of an Opal (Gem; Ice Elemental), Potion, Bedroll, Tonic 2x, Scroll of Inspiration

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Rogue

Level 12

Power: 17

SP:1

Health: 16/17

Gold: 80

Equipment: Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), Psuedos Hood, Leather Armor (SP: 1),

Inventory: Venom x2, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Smelling Salts 3x, Grand Potion, Potion, Amethyst,

8255090862_cdfce7fe3e.jpg

Janek of Salmanda (HeinzWilhelm)

72 year old Travelling mage

Level: 8

Power: 11

SP:2

Health: 12/12

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 23

Equipment: Magic stick (Wp3), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, max ether +4)

Inventory: Sapphire (Wind), Bedroll, Water Bomb

"Well, I guess our job is done here. Good luck on rebuilding your town, Jonothan and y'all.

Fellow Heroes. Who wants to join me on my journey back to Eubric? I am not keen on walking back for days, so I will be looking for an opportunity to go by ship. Anyone with me?"

"Thank you Captain. Good luck on the restoration. I hope you will see your families soon. If you need any help at any time don't wait to call us." Nessa turned to the party. So we are done here. I will accompany you on your shipping tour, Stigveladi. Perhaps we get some time to talk."

"I have to say I am very proud of what we did here today. Hopefully the peace you made will last long and let both nations prosper on their own terms. Jonothan, Captain Trent, Scipio, I bid you farewell. And captain, should you need our help again, you know where to find us. Namaarie and good luck to you!" With those word Thalion left the Charis lands and returned to Eubric.

Namaarie - Farewell

"I'm very happy to see an happy conclusion to everything, I hope the Croise will respect the terms of the agreement. Good luck Captain Trent, Scipio. If there will be other problems, don't hesitate to contact us, we will help." With the fellow heroes, he left Charis and returns to Eubrick.