Sign in to follow this  
Nintendawg

People are bidding TOO HIGH on my Lego!

You should be a shame, actually don't ever talk to me. I shall put you on ignore.

I now have positive feedback for saving a boy's Christmas... I simply said the set was complete and included instructions and box, displayed only in a smoke free pet free home.

If people are willing to pay that much moolah, then so be it. It's not our place to judge their spending habits and if they truly are willing to pay the price, that's more money in my pocket. It's simply the buyers choice. And it continues to be that way as long as there is a Lego Market.

It needs always two people to get this price so high. :wink: You did nothing wrong. It is another issue with resellers that offer sets that are currently available for a way higher price.

Your auction might be over now, but if it isn't... I once sold an iPhone on eBay and learned the semi-hard way about people setting up bogus accounts and bidding up desirable items in the hopes that the seller will ship the item before payment is sent (i.e. payment never sent). Just be careful of that. I would cancel bids immediately where the bidder has either a very young account (<1 month old) or negative or zero feedback. Oh and block the specific bogus bidders or they may bid on your item again. I think there's even a setting to disallow bidding from negative feedback buyers. Keep a close eye on your bids coming in. Also try to be at the ready around the end of the auction to cancel any bogus bids; you can't stop computer-controlled bid sniping in the last 10 seconds or so, but I've stopped bogus bids like that before.

I can't speak to the market value of the minecraft set offhand (check bricklink for a gauge?) but they may actually be bidding at reasonable levels, especially with christmas here.

There are almost 300 of them currently on Ebay and the average price is around $125. Personally, I don't(nor could I ever) see the appeal with this set. I always thought of Minecraft just a sort of rip off of what Lego is. I hope all Cuusso projects don't go down this route.