Sign in to follow this  
LegoGBC

2nd GBC Loop - Double Runway

Hi!

This is my 2nd GBC "Loop" (Not exactly a loop as it only has 1 module)..

It splits the balls into 2 seperate runways - one of them is a fast zigzag and then a long straight runway

and the other one is a longer runway with some direction changes.

I wanted to create a small GBC as a weekend project, it ended up being much longer to build because of school...

I also have plans for a larger GBC with my own modules... but it might take a while :laugh:

Nice GBC! :classic: I would imagine that it took a bit of "tinkering" to get the "timing" of the falling balls the same in both paths. From the video, it seems that the length of time that one ball needs to travel down the ramp is roughly the same as the time it takes for a second ball to navigate the zigzag.

Do you ever take your Great Ball Contraption to public exhibitions? Kids really like looking at the various mechanisms, and get enthused about Lego Technic.

Nice GBC! :classic: I would imagine that it took a bit of "tinkering" to get the "timing" of the falling balls the same in both paths. From the video, it seems that the length of time that one ball needs to travel down the ramp is roughly the same as the time it takes for a second ball to navigate the zigzag.

Do you ever take your Great Ball Contraption to public exhibitions? Kids really like looking at the various mechanisms, and get enthused about Lego Technic.

Actually the timing of the balls wasn't an issue. the main issue was building the splitter - took a while to figure out how to build it the right way.

it had many problems..but I managed to solve them at last.

I don't take my GBC to public exhibitions because there aren't any in the country I live in :(

Edited by LegoGBC

Actually the timing of the balls wasn't an issue. the main issue was building the splitter - took a while to figure out how to build it the right way.

it had many problems..but I managed to solve them at last.

I don't take my GBC to public exhibitions because there aren't any in the country I live in :(

Where do you live?

Where do you live?

I live in Israel. There aren't any Lego events here (yet?).

im a high school student so I don't have the time to go aboard to a Lego event.

Edited by LegoGBC