would it be possible to connect to pf battery boxes with a pf switch to get double the voltage?

in short NO, because if you put a switch between two battery boxes and you switch it to turn the polarity, you will short the BBs which will engage the internal protection and they won't work. Even if you turn the switch the right way you still wouldn't be doubling the voltage, but doubling the amperage, because the BBs would be in series. But why would you want to even double the voltage since 18V will destroy any power functions component.

2 battery boxes in series adds the voltages. Amperage depends on the things you connect to the battery box.

Maybe he wants to connect the PF elements in series. I'm not sure how can one do that without modding the connectors though. When putting the PF elements in series you can use doubled voltage on them (I mean the series of PF elemets).

EDIT: I'm not sure about connecting the battery boxes, maybe you can't do so without modding the connectors...

EDIT 2: I think you can only connect the battery boxes in parallel without modding the connectors, so you have to add the switch (to reverse polarity) between them. So with the switch, you select between parallel and series connection of the BBs.

Please someone confirm.

Edited by Lipko

EDIT: I'm not sure about connecting the battery boxes, maybe you can't do so without modding the connectors...

Indeed, you'll need to do some surgery to achieve this. And I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea, as (for example) the IR receiver will fry on increased voltage.

EDIT 2: I think you can only connect the battery boxes in parallel without modding the connectors, so you have to add the switch (to reverse polarity) between them. So with the switch, you select between parallel and series connection of the BBs.

No, that's not possible either, bottom of PF cable has 9V connector on one side. This was designed for backwards compatibility, but also to prevent possibility of connecting two battery boxes in parallel (not a good idea either if they contain different battery types/brands/discharding state)