just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

So now that they are out and people are actually talking about them in store rather than just typing on line, how are people pronouncing the theme. I have heard two conflicting views of how to pronounce it at my local toy store.

The manager like myself said it was 'Chime' as in the door bell and 'ma' as in a mother, just like you say the country (China.) but with a 'm' instead.

But some of the younger staff were saying 'Chi' as in the energy followed by 'ma' as in a mother which gave it a lot softer but somehow alien fell to it.

I much prefer the version that sounds like the country name, but what about everyone else?

Its "chee-muh." If you have seen any of the commercials that were posted here in the past month you would have heard each announcer pronounce it as above.

I was originally pronouncing it like "China," but once I figured that Chi was life force... I adapted to that. The commercials later confirmed the pronunciation, and I was happy that it didn't take me very long to adapt to it as apposed to Ninjago (nin jaw-go)

Edited by Penkid11

So now that they are out and people are actually talking about them in store rather than just typing on line, how are people pronouncing the theme. I have heard two conflicting views of how to pronounce it at my local toy store.

The manager like myself said it was 'Chime' as in the door bell and 'ma' as in a mother, just like you say the country (China.) but with a 'm' instead.

But some of the younger staff were saying 'Chi' as in the energy followed by 'ma' as in a mother which gave it a lot softer but somehow alien fell to it.

I much prefer the version that sounds like the country name, but what about everyone else?

I first pronounced it CH-EYE-MUH, like China. This is the second time I've been mistaken. :blush:

I first called Ninjago Ninja-Go, not Nin-JAW-go. :tongue:

-Sci

My Target has them but the kind employee told me he won't be putting them out until Tuesday morning (the case says Jan 1). Thankfully I don't have school until Wednesday!

Lol, how cute. :grin: I gave them 2 DCPI codes and I highly doubt they even checked, but they still said no.

Just called TRU. They don't have them. :wall:

-Sci

I wouldn't trust the phone. I've called about sets before and was told no. I decided to go have a look anyways and they had what I was looking for(can't remember exactly what theme it was). As long as the drive isn't too far, I'd go.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Mine didn't have 'em until I asked one of the people to get them out with the DCPI codes. Those are super useful. Most of them might be in the backroom.

Also, a Walmart near me had the Lennox Lion Attack set. All by itself. Just one copy...

*snip*

Oh dear, that box size is going to be very misleading.

Did you buy it?

Edited by Penkid11

Are the two lion vehicles normal yellow or Haz-mat Guy yellow-orange?

Actually they have a tint of orange, I would say a slightly more orange colour that makes up the bat equipment wall in the newish bat cave. I built the Lennox set yesterday.

The Lion vehicles are bright yellow, not the normal yellow or the haz-mat yellow orange.

Neither yellow nor tan or orange really worked out as main color on the lion vehicle prototypes the way we imagined. So it was decided to go with LEGO color 191 "Flame Yellowish Orange", with dark tan (138 "Sand Yellow") as secondary color (plus brown on the mane). The goal was to create a convincing animalistic color scheme for the lion faction that also looks new and fresh for a LEGO play theme and works on vehicles. Not an easy task when you really start thinking about it.

Once you put the lion vehicles together yourself you will probably agree that going for color 191 was a spot-on decision! :classic:

Edited by BrickCommander

That's the official pronounciation.

I went to Target yesterday and no Chima. :sadnew: But then I came home with a superhro set so all is good. :grin:

Happy New Year!

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

Forgive me if this has been discussed but....

I know the price per parts thing isn't gospel, but....

Eris' Eagle Interceptor = 348 pieces = £29.99

Equila's Ultra Striker = 339 pieces = £39.99

Don't get it myself.

I'll wager that the gorilla tribe only gets involved in the conflict after the croc tribe steals their banana hoard. :D

The Gorilla's seem a bit dimwitted if you ask me, well, judging by the one in the commercial posted on here some days ago. So that does seem likely. Either that, or they have always been a part of the fight, but they will only fight when it is their fight to fight! (Confused?)

Anyway...

"The Kingdom of Chima is a world ruled by armed animal tribes. This once pristine, natural paradise is now a battle ground. The animal tribes fight for control of CHI, the ultimate source of life in Chima.

Only a few brave heroes know the true nature of CHI and its importance to their world. Their stories, and the stories of those who seek to destroy them, are known as...

THE LEGENDS OF CHIMA!"

-USA Lego Product January 2013 Catalog, page 4.

Also, Huw on Brickset posted this on his Flickr today.

8330197652_8f96c87897_b.jpg

Sorry if the page is a tad large, but we have some info in there.

This comes from a comic included (at least in the UK) in the most recent Lego Club Magazine.

To end this large post... Chima is available from Lego starting tomorrow. Just thought that would be a helpful reminder, and Happy New Year!

To end this large post... Chima is available from Lego starting tomorrow. Just thought that would be a helpful reminder, and Happy New Year!

:cry_happy:

It also says Crooler is Cragger's sister o.O

Happy New Year!

-Sci

It also says Crooler is Cragger's sister o.O

Odd I kinda guessed that from the start...

I really hope they don't make Eris a "know-it-all." They say she's wise... but as Laval's friend, I hope she isn't Sensei Wu wise!

Also is it just me, or does that image of Razar look like Razcal?

SETS ARE NOW LIVE

Also keep a look out on Lego.com's product page. Sometime in the next two days, the full Chima site should be added.

SETS ARE NOW LIVE

Also keep a look out on Lego.com's product page. Sometime in the next two days, the full Chima site should be added.

Awesome! Hopefully I could pick up the rest of the Speedorz sets I need to complete my Speedorz collection! :grin:

Yea, it's so weird! I used to despise Chima completely, but now I only despise the actually sets! I'm loving these Speedorz.

First post of 2013!

I really hate Target sometimes. I went back to the store with Target's # for the Ultra Striker, and explained to them about the Jan 1st street date, and how the employee I talked to this weekend told me to come back today. Well they look it up and tell me yes we have it, but it's not due to be put out on the shelf until next week. So even though it can be sold, the website is already selling it, and they know right where it is in the back, I can't have it until next week when they reset the Lego shelves. I told them I was just going to order it from Lego then, and the girl just shrugged. Great customer service.

I really hate Target sometimes. I went back to the store with Target's # for the Ultra Striker, and explained to them about the Jan 1st street date, and how the employee I talked to this weekend told me to come back today. Well they look it up and tell me yes we have it, but it's not due to be put out on the shelf until next week. So even though it can be sold, the website is already selling it, and they know right where it is in the back, I can't have it until next week when they reset the Lego shelves. I told them I was just going to order it from Lego then, and the girl just shrugged. Great customer service.

I feel ya. :cry_sad:

But now that it's 2013 and it's a new year, LEGO Stores finally have them out! :cry_happy:

-Sci

SETS ARE NOW LIVE

They've been up under the "New Products" page for quite a while now. :wink: