Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

Fine :tongue:

br.jpg

*click* Guess what! Yet another room with a straight way and a way to the right. How boring. *click* 53 minutes.

"Before, I thought the shadows blocking the pah had something to do with what the right choice is, but now I don't think so anymore. :sceptic:

"Before, I thought the shadows blocking the pah had something to do with what the right choice is, but now I don't think so anymore. :sceptic:

Agreed, it would probably be best to just keep going in the same direction, in case we need to back-track and take a different direction.

"Furthermore, if we go right constantly we will just be turning around in circles, of course, it's impossible to turn around in circles, because if we consistently take right, we can't return back to where we were, because there was no right entrance that was further "right" than the one we already took, if you can understand what I'm staying."

Ah, but see, we aren't turning right, we are just taking the path on the right side, so for all we know, we could be going in a perfectly straight direction.

"Well, the path definitely appears to turn. I must have a terrible sense of direction because I can't tell whether we are going straight or turning. Do you feel the same?" :grin:

I too am beginning to wonder exactly where we are, perhaps we can find a map showing all the different paths we have followed so far. Just to keep track of where we are.

*cough hint we need a map hint cough*

"Well, let's see. It's not exactly our decision whether we find a map or not. Obviously if it's lying in front of us we'll pick it up, right? And if it's not...well...we won't..."

Erdy and Pretzel argue about a map and hear *click*. Deciding to argue about it later, they rush down the right path. The notice that the path is slanted down, and is starting to get cold. *click* After a couple minutes of heading down they finally reach a room.

4-1.jpg

Wow! A room filled with treasure! Whatcha gonna do? 51 minutes left.

Wow! Where are those gold bars from?

"I agree, but I will quickly scan the chest for traps to make sure that there are no traps or something. Then we can load it into my chest or your satchel and be on our way. I have to say that I have never been on a quest with only one other person, but it may end up being even more rewarding. :sweet:

You store gold in your chest? It seems like it would get a bit "top-heavy" after a while..... As for me, I could never hold gold pieces in my chest, that would just, well.... let's just say it wouldn't be pleasant.

I too have never been on a quest with just 2 people, it will make splitting the loot that much easier!

The gold bricks are from the Pirates of the Caribbean Isla De muerta, 4181

"My rolling chest, that is. Not the chest of my breast. How do you think this staff will look once I convert it into a cross? Just think, a diamond at its heart! Beautiful! I think that I may need to plate it with shiny steel though once I get back to the hall. We'll see, I suppose.

Edited by Palathadric

"It's incredible how long it can take sometimes to investigate a pile of gold. It's got to be my eyesight! I'm not 200 anymore, you know."

"It's incredible how long it can take sometimes to investigate a pile of gold. It's got to be my eyesight! I'm not 200 anymore, you know."

Shut up. I'll get you for that.

Pretzel takes an incredibly long time "investigating" the gold for danger. He finds that the treasure spilled outside of the treasure chest consists of:

142 gold

heroica-goldbar.jpg 3 gold bars

bronze-statue.jpg 1 Bronze Statue (unknown value)

When Pretzel approaches the treasure chest, he hears faint noises coming from inside, but can't tell what they are. Do the heroes dare open up the chest?

Oh, and with all the panic of counting the gold they barely noticed that 7 minutes had gone by, leaving only 44 minutes left to investigate the rest of the tunnels.

Edited by Flare

"How much are those bars worth would you wager?" I question, as I hold my new staff at the ready for a smart conversionive :tongue: manuevre should there be anything in the trunk.

"We should probably get moving though. Time is passing by faster than we may think. Down here we can't exactly see the sun, and therefore we may be spending a lot more time then our minds tell us we are. From what I could calculate, the last room we travelled through took us about one minute to go across. That's one lengthy room, if you ask me!"

According to the treasury the gold bars are worth 50 gold.

Erdy quickly but carefully opens the chest lid. It is quite surprising what is contained inside.

4-2.jpg

A young man quite in need of thawing out! How he fit inside we'll never know. But anyways, he's frozen. Inside of the chest is also the man's sword and a note. Pretzel picks up the note and reads it out loud:

"To thaw out this sucker, either disarm a fire bomb and hit him on the head with it three times, or use 3 ether to magicially warm him back to health. This note will self destruct in 5 seconds."

Thinking quickly, Erdathcath deactivates her Fire Bomb and smacks the poor fellow in the head 3 times.

Edited by The_Customizer