Sign in to follow this  
TheBoyWonder

Steampunk Minifigures

I have always loved SciFi and recently found an interest in steampunk. I have made a few customs using Pharaohs Quest piecies, but what other sets are good?

Dino sets, definitely. If you want a steampunkish character in green, you have to get Dino sets. The tranq gun bodies are useful too. For the rest you have to use whatever set you can find the right parts from. Collectible Minifigures are a good source too.

If you like after market accessories look up Guy Himber on Flickr - his name is V&A Steamworks he manufactures custom extra tall Stovepipe hats which look great for Steampunk figs.

f you are a purist take a look at the Orient Expedition figures too :) -Other figs that are useful are soime of the CMFs - The bagpiper and detective Detective (sherlock holmes) torso's especially. I've used them here myself

7177352722_c304341de1_z.jpg

and

7187616560_87310da74d_z.jpg

I love steampunk - I've made quite a few figs and such myself. (please excuse some shameless self promotion)

I have always loved SciFi and recently found an interest in steampunk. I have made a few customs using Pharaohs Quest piecies, but what other sets are good?

The Monster Fighters line has some good minifigures with robotic arms and legs, plus period style clothes and weapons.

Best theme has to be the new Monster Fighters theme, surely that theme was MADE for us Steampunk fans! :laugh:

Also, the dino´s themselves are great as the core of a Steampunk MOC.

Edited by DraikNova

I would go with the Orient Expedition sets...but seeing as they are somewhat uncommon...the Dino sets would probably the wy to go... ;)

Edited by Puck

Especially the Orient Expedition balloon. That balloon is actually supposed to be steam-powered I believe.

It really depends. Obviously, individual collectable minifigures are great for steam punk. I also think the old pirate theme (with all the epaulettes and so on) is great for that, as are Kingdom sets. Haven't got any Monster Fighter sets yet, but that obviously works too, as would LotR sets.

Again, what the guy above me said is completely true, LotR sets are also good.

There are many, MANY themes, you just need to be dexterous in your use. For example, the Star Wars tusken raider body is really good for Steampunk.

Like others have said, most of the adventurers stuff and the Monster Fighters are good for steampunk figs. Also, if you can still find the Hoth rebel battle pack, it's also a good source of tan torsos and hats, dark tan legs, and goggles. The pilot from the Naboo planet set and the upcoming collectable minifigure with the bowler hat should be useful too.

Also, the dino´s themselves are great as the core of a Steampunk MOC.

Uhm, wouldn't that make them Dinopunk? :tongue: Dinosaurs don't really fit into steampunk.

I just meant you can use the dino's for steampunk MOCs. Clad the dinos in steampunk armor and your MOCs will look awesome.