I'm really looking forward to a new LDD RCB

But.. Who, when, what, where? (well, where is easy, here offcourse :tongue: )

We've had a free build.

Classic Space

Castle/medieval

Pirates

What's the next one going to be?

And, who's gonna host it?

(not me i don't have the time, i wish i had, i'm more of a follower then a leader anyway :wink: )

What's left that we can do?

Wel how about plain old simple City theme?

We could do another pirates theme, the last one was an imperial fortress, we could do a pirate haven, like Tortuga :tongue:

There's allwas the possibility of doing another space theme, Futuron, Blacktron, Spyrius, Roboforce, Spacepolice etc.

We could do a medieval castle instead of town.

We could do a Bellville theme :grin:

We could build a Big harbour.

There's also the possibility to do none Lego themes offcourse..

WW1/WW2

Post Apocalyptic

And the like

Personally, i have no real preference, but a big harbour would be nice, building docks and ships and stuff, City theme really.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Alopex was in line to host the next one, but I PMed Kalle about it around the time RCB 4 ended, and he said that that RCB isn't really going anywhere. Currently, the most popular theme for the next one is Castle, but that's only got six votes at the moment. (in large part because I deleted the earlier Pirate and Space options that a lot of people had voted for when those RCBs were hosted, and those members haven't re-vote) Kalle and I have talked about themes for future RCBs, and we agree that it needs to be a general theme that anyone can join in and build in (which is the beauty of the RCB as opposed to the traditional CB) - like Town, Castle, Space, and Pirates. (a large reason those were picked) We also think it would encourage more activity in the RCB thread with more turns and fewer bricks. If I host another RCB, participants will be allowed around fifty to seventy five bricks per turn, and they'll get four or five non-consecutive turns. (color-checking, if any, would take place at the end of each 'loop', most likely)

Kalle did say that if Alopex decides not to revive the Post-Apoc RCB, then CMP is first in line as a prospective host, so he'll get first choice whether to pick that one up or not. Otherwise, I don't think that there are currently any plans, but I do encourage members to go over to the RCB Index and cast votes for the next theme.

Rats! I was hoping you'd posted here to announce the next RCB. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, at least it hasn't been forgotten! I'll be waiting in anticipation.

Maybe we should render the finished model in LDD2PovRay! That'd look nice. :classic:

Alopex was in line to host the next one, but I PMed Kalle about it around the time RCB 4 ended, and he said that that RCB isn't really going anywhere. Currently, the most popular theme for the next one is Castle, but that's only got six votes at the moment. (in large part because I deleted the earlier Pirate and Space options that a lot of people had voted for when those RCBs were hosted, and those members haven't re-vote) Kalle and I have talked about themes for future RCBs, and we agree that it needs to be a general theme that anyone can join in and build in (which is the beauty of the RCB as opposed to the traditional CB) - like Town, Castle, Space, and Pirates. (a large reason those were picked) We also think it would encourage more activity in the RCB thread with more turns and fewer bricks. If I host another RCB, participants will be allowed around fifty to seventy five bricks per turn, and they'll get four or five non-consecutive turns. (color-checking, if any, would take place at the end of each 'loop', most likely)

Kalle did say that if Alopex decides not to revive the Post-Apoc RCB, then CMP is first in line as a prospective host, so he'll get first choice whether to pick that one up or not. Otherwise, I don't think that there are currently any plans, but I do encourage members to go over to the RCB Index and cast votes for the next theme.

I didn't post in the aforementioned thread as the last post is almost a year old.

So i though i'd start a new thread to get people thinking again, you know, kickstart the 'ol engine :P

The post apoc thread is pretty much dead aswell....

I guess it's up to you old folk :wink: to start the engine again.

To start up a poll, to keep the ball rolling, and to actually get it started.

To do an RCB everyone can participate in, i'd say City theme, small village with 50-75 bricks per person as you say.

I'm just here to poke people :tongue:

Where do I sign up!

If i may add my 2 cents I think that the next theme should be western seeing that there is a lot of discussion about reviving the theme.

I really like Doc's idea to have fewer bricks but several turns in loops; a novel idea IMO!

I have really enjoyed both hosting and participating in past RCBs and am TOTALLY looking forward to another one!

How about train specific theme? Grain elevators, platforms, shed, and many things around a pre-existing train tracks.

:laugh: That's funny; I PMed Kalle yesterday saying that I'd like to host a Trains-themed RCB. I don't have the go-ahead yet, but my current concept is "Build a station for the Emerald Night". It's similar enough to Town that anyone can jump in and build something for it, but it's also specific enough that we should see some techniques we don't usually see.

Maybe this won't work as a relay build, but I was thinking that we have a modular community build. Everyone picks a 32x32 plot on a predetermined map and makes a modular building. Then everyone sends their LXF to someone with a super duper powerful computer and take a few screenshots.

Maybe this won't work as a relay build, but I was thinking that we have a modular community build. Everyone picks a 32x32 plot on a predetermined map and makes a modular building. Then everyone sends their LXF to someone with a super duper powerful computer and take a few screenshots.

That would be a regular CB, just using LDD. And Alienwar would have to be the host. :tongue:

I like this idea, I had suggested after the last RCB that we do something similar-ish.

My plan was to have everyone build a micropolis "block" independently/concurrently and then to merge them all together at the end!

That would be a regular CB, just using LDD. And Alienwar would have to be the host. :tongue:

definitely my computer would divide by zero if I tried to upload on of his models!

My plan was to have everyone build a micropolis "block" independently/concurrently and then to merge them all together at the end!

Micropolis has been an option in the Index poll since RCB 3 ended, actually. Like I said, though, bringing all the models together at the end is just a CB, not an RCB.

Problem with putting multiple projects together, LDD wasn't designed efficiently and only uses single core so it starts to slow down on good computer when you get to around 10k parts. I've put together one that had over 30k pieces and it was running at anemic 1 frame per second when I tried to add just one brick somewhere.

My rig has 24GB RAM and dual XEON CPU, it rips graphic rendering, and run games at very high settings with little problem but LDD makes my computer cry. LEGO should see about a complete re-do of LDD code for LDD 5 to make it work with multi-cores when computing multiple connection points, especially on an extremely huge project.

Problem with putting multiple projects together, LDD wasn't designed efficiently and only uses single core so it starts to slow down on good computer when you get to around 10k parts. I've put together one that had over 30k pieces and it was running at anemic 1 frame per second when I tried to add just one brick somewhere.

My rig has 24GB RAM and dual XEON CPU, it rips graphic rendering, and run games at very high settings with little problem but LDD makes my computer cry. LEGO should see about a complete re-do of LDD code for LDD 5 to make it work with multi-cores when computing multiple connection points, especially on an extremely huge project.

Oh god yes.

I have 32 gb ram, Intel 2 Quadcore and LDD still crashes around the 25k brick mark.

I would so love to build models with a 100+k bricks :laugh:

Edited by BasOne