Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #36: The Voracious Vault

QM note: You don't know. Willing to chance it? :devil:

QM note: You don't know. Willing to chance it? :devil:

OOC: OK, you're not a Demon. I'm sorry. :poke:

I'm not sorry. :devil:

DEMON!!!! :devil_laugh:

*As it is just a Potion, I'll try it*

Daxus places his potion on the Arcane Unit, hoping for the best. It is enveloped in a red light, and suddenly bursts into several red embers. However, the embers simply fall into the water and disentagrate, not getting assimalated into the chest.

Daxus has lost a potion!

Erik places his remedy on the waterlogged Arcane Unit. It is enveloped in a blue light, shimmering in the darkness of the vault. In a flash it explodes into blue particels! They hang in the air for a moment, before heading into the Arcane Unit in a spiral of color. A new inscription appears on the unit.

The plague has subsided, many lives are saved,

Reach inside for the item you crave."

As the verse fades away, the front of the Unit liqufies. Erik reaches inside, finding

yCXf5.pngIvory Key

He rustles around inside, touching something... electric? Erik withdraws his hand in pain, and reaches in once more, pulling out

fxrlZ.pngVoltedge, WP:9 Lightning elemental sword. Suitable for Knights, Barbarians, and Rogues.

Party leader, who will receive these items?

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Monk Pretzel, Level 10 Cleric. 463-year-old male "hermit". (Played by Palathadric)*Party Leader!*

Power: 15

Health: 20/20(+1,+1)

Ether: 13/14

Gold: 122

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet (+1 HP), Arm-Mounted Shield (+1 HP), Potion (x2), Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll, Yellow Essence x2, Green Essence x2, Grand Tonic, Scroll of Sealing, Cannonball, Holy Bomb, Brewer's Book, Ivory Key 1, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb

mp1tm.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 9 Barbarian. Male Human, 18 years old. (Played by Myrrdn)

Power: 18

Health: 16/16

Gold: 111

Inventory: Spear (WP9), Axe (WP3), Potion x2, Mead, Grand potion, Smoke Bomb, Cannonball

HUfbM.jpg

Daxus Octavian, Level 9 Rogue. Male Human, 23 years old. (Played by LEGOman273)

Power: 17

Health: 15/15

Gold: 245

Inventory: Combrys (WP: 8, WP goes up by 1 for each suscessful attack, drops to base WP when attack fails or the battle ends) Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (1x), Venom (1x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Blue Essence (1x), Green Essence (1x) (Quest Items), Smelling Salts, Yellow Essence, Phoenix Essence

vTSez.jpg

Mizuki Kimura, Level 10 Rogue. 21 years old female human. (Played by Zakura)

Power: 19

Health: 13/16

Gold: 359

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 9), Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Shovel, Pick, Nostrum, Blue Essence, Green Essence, Potion x2, Green Essence, Remedy, Cannonball, Smelling Salts

qi64g.png

Punii, 2 weeks old Progg Runt (NPC)

Stockpile: Holy Bomb x3, Fire bomb x1

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Monk Pretzel, Level 10 Cleric. 463-year-old male "hermit". (Played by Palathadric)*Party Leader!*

Gold: 122

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet (+1 HP), Arm-Mounted Shield (+1 HP), Potion (x2), Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll, Yellow Essence x2, Green Essence x2, Grand Tonic, Scroll of Sealing, Cannonball, Holy Bomb, Brewer's Book, Ivory Key 1, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Ivory Key 2

mp1tm.jpg

Gold: 111

Inventory: Voltedge (WP9, lightning elemental) Spear (WP9), Axe (WP3), Potion x2, Mead, Grand potion, Smoke Bomb, Cannonball

HUfbM.jpg

Gold: 245

Inventory: Combrys (WP: 8, WP goes up by 1 for each suscessful attack, drops to base WP when attack fails or the battle ends) Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (1x), Venom (1x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Blue Essence (1x), Green Essence (1x) (Quest Items), Smelling Salts, Yellow Essence, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

vTSez.jpg

Gold: 359

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 9), Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Shovel, Pick, Nostrum, Blue Essence, Green Essence, Potion x2, Green Essence, Remedy, Cannonball, Smelling Salts

qi64g.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qi64g.png

"Well, *wheeze* we got the two ivory keys. We should be able to enter the inner sanctum and take the fight to the Death Progg and his elite forces. You might want to prepare. Anything you'd like to brew?"

Edited by Endgame

"I Would like to continue to explore the Vault. Let's go back and try to open that chest, as well."

OOC: I wanted to trade my second Smelling Salts for Mizuki's Nostrum, not give her the Smelling Salts.

Edited by LEGOman273

QM note: Fixed. Where would you like to go?

OOC: Chest room.

With a signal of his hand, Daxus leads the party back into the First Foyer, where the chest taunts them still.

MZd3A.png

Nu8hG.png

"Still trying to crack that thing open?"

To recap hints given to you thus far:

-The object is green

-The object can be found in the room the chest is located in

Edited by Endgame

With a signal of his hand, daxus leads the party back into the First Foyer, where the chest taunts them still.

sUxxJ.png

Nu8hG.png

"Still trying to crack that thing open?"

To recap hints given to you thus far:

-The object is green

-The object can be found in the room the chest is located in

OOC: We get one try, right? Could we please have a zoomed-out view of the room?

Unless, it's the paths.

Edited by LEGOman273

ll5Rk.png

QM note: Correct. Only one shot.

"My best guess is the dragon paperweight. It's not the green spider, and the paths don't make sense. I vote Dragon."

OOC: Sorry. Vote: Dragon (Paperweight) :laugh:

"My best guess is the dragon paperweight. It's not the green spider, and the paths don't make sense. I vote Dragon."

OOC: Sorry. Vote: Dragon (Paperweight) :laugh:

QM note: Sorry, scummo, this isn't mafia. :laugh:

Edited by Endgame

QM note: Sorry, scummo, this isn't mafia. :laugh:

OOC: But I'm Town!!! :cry_sad: Waaaaaah!!! Waaaaaaaaah!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :sing: :sing: :sing: I'm the Town's Doctor-Cop-Vig! :cry_sad: Don't lynch me! Waaah!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

"If noone disagrees, I will draw the Dragon Paperweight."

"No, wait for everyone else to say want they want to draw. I know i's not mafia, but we can still vote, right? Also, it said it's our guide through the vault, and it's just in this room, so I reckon it's more likely to be the path."

Edited by Myrddyn

"No, wait for everyone else to say want they want to draw. I know i's not mafia, but we can still vote, right?"

QM note: Of course. Please specify your vote on the matter, unless you are nuetral. :classic:

"They say all cloud's have a silver lining, but I think the correct color is green. I am your guide through this vault, your directory. Draw a picture of me in tribute above to receive your reward."

"Ah, I'm not certain, but the dragon hasn't been much of a guide, so I think it's more likely to be the path."

Vote: Path (???)

"The words on the trunk are odd indeed.

"They say all cloud's have a silver lining, but I think the correct color is green. I am your guide through this vault, your directory. Draw a picture of me in tribute above to receive your reward."[/i]

What does it mean by, "guide through this vault? How, would you consider, the green dragon to have guided us?"

"My thoughts precisely, Sir. If it wasn't for the fact that the object is in this room, there'd be as much chance of the object being that plant as the dragon. I don't recall the dragon guiding us at all."

In a 3-against-1 vote, Pretzel decides to draw the paths. As he draws, the chest begins to shimmer and sparkle. When Pretzel finishes his drawing, the rock pad burts in blue particles. Like the Arcane Unit, the particles get sucked in to the container in a tornado of color. The chest swing open, and the party breaks into a grin as they see the sparkling contents.

WjbPA.jpg120 gold!

Edited by Endgame

The" "lining" part made me believe it was the path, but I was uncertain as to how we would draw a picture of a path. :look: But I guess I did do it in the end, didn't I?

"...Oh, and I almost forgot. 30 gold to everyone. Eat, drink, and be merry!"

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Gold: 152

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet (+1 HP), Arm-Mounted Shield (+1 HP), Potion (x2), Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll, Yellow Essence x2, Green Essence x2, Grand Tonic, Scroll of Sealing, Cannonball, Holy Bomb, Brewer's Book, Ivory Key 1, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Ivory Key 2

mp1tm.jpg

Gold: 141

Inventory: Voltedge (WP9, lightning elemental) Spear (WP9), Axe (WP3), Potion x2, Mead, Grand potion, Smoke Bomb, Cannonball

HUfbM.jpg

Gold: 275

Inventory: Combrys (WP: 8, WP goes up by 1 for each suscessful attack, drops to base WP when attack fails or the battle ends) Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (1x), Venom (1x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Blue Essence (1x), Green Essence (1x) (Quest Items), Smelling Salts, Yellow Essence, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

vTSez.jpg

Gold: 389

qi64g.png

With that mystery out of the way, is there anything the party would like to do before progressing into the vault's inner sanctum?