Brickthing

MOC: Portal Sets

Definitely a market here. NECA, Valve, and Think Geek have been making various Portal 2 related items and all seem to sell very well. The recent NECA SDCC P-Body Portal gun sold out immediately and now brings decent prices on the secondary market.

As for Portal Legos, I'd be in for any and all, except for the Lego game. I just can't see why I'd play the Lego game over the real thing... unless there's a brick included that has a small audio player of Ellen McLain or JK Simmons that plays new material.

It's a great design. I'd love to see what it looks like in actual Lego. Did anybody fire up a prototype yet?

A great idea on itself topped off with superb realization for one of the great games of the modern time (old school gamer here ;) )...

It received my vote on Cuusoo so, naturally, I would gladly buy it, and recommend it to other Portal fans; even non-Lego fans!

Congratulations! :sweet:

I view this set on CUUSO and I immediately like it; I support this project and I will be happy if it appears as an official set :classic:

Congrats Brickthing on getting that frown turned upside down! :)

I for one will be buying every and any set that does make it into production. I have a ton of friends who don't collect lego but were wow'ed when I showed them the project on Cuusoo. If they bring out any small sets - maybe a test subject and the robo's then I'm certain they would at least buy those as desk buddies :)

Fantastic stuff, I'm a huge fan of the portal series and these are just perfect :wub:. When lego puts this into production - when, not if, dammit - it will be my first purchase as an AFOL. There's a huge opportunity to appeal to non-lego fans here too, the rate other portal merchandise is flying off the shelves they can't not put this in the works.

I didn't know about this until it hit 10,000, but one definite support from me if it needed it. Congrats on a great piece of work :thumbup:

Fantastic stuff, I'm a huge fan of the portal series and these are just perfect :wub:. When lego puts this into production - when, not if, dammit - it will be my first purchase as an AFOL. There's a huge opportunity to appeal to non-lego fans here too, the rate other portal merchandise is flying off the shelves they can't not put this in the works.

I didn't know about this until it hit 10,000, but one definite support from me if it needed it. Congrats on a great piece of work :thumbup:

Yep I am in the same boat. I saw a post about it before it was Cuusoo. Then all of a sudden I see 10K votes on the front page here. Congrats.

I hate to be a naysayer though but all the past great Cuusoo ideas cough cough Shaun of the Dead cough cough, died because it is not in line with their core audience.

I hope Portal does not suffer the same fate. I hope this one passes.