Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Pictorial Review: 40049 Mini Sopwith Camel plane

I like mini sets. I got this with the large Sopwith Camel set.

Front of polybag

p1010513.jpg

Back of polybag

p1010514.jpg

Instructions

p1010521.jpg

Pieces

p1010515.jpg

extra pieces.

p1010516.jpg

p1010517.jpg

p1010518.jpg

p1010519.jpg

p1010520.jpg

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :sweet:

I hope I could find a way to convince my parents to let me spend $75 at the LEGO store by the end of this month. The promo is so cute! :blush:

Edited by just2good

When making my big purchase at the Chicago LEGO store while at Brickworld, I got one of these as well, they had the full sized one on display and this is a pretty close mini replica.

Nice review, you covered all the basics of this cute little set.

Good review. I too got this set, when buying 10225 R2-D2. I haven't opened it yet, however. It's quite a cool little set and plane.

I think I like this more than the full size Sopwith Camel (10226) because they get the essence across without stickers or printed bricks.

I received this set set along with the 10226 LEGO Sopwith Camel for Father's Day and it is a very neat little plane. I think the best reason to get this is to have something to play with while building the large version, which for me took a few days. Also I can give this little guy to my four-year old to play with and he can do minimal damage to it.

I did do one mod: I moved the propellor up one level so that it is more centered on the front of the fuselage. It breaks up the color scheme but I think the improved prop location is a good trade.

I already asked in this Do you buy 1 set to play with and 1 to keep sealed?thread, and i am usually not a friend of crossposting, but i hope that i get a quicker answer here.

should i open my copy or keep it sealed like the rest of my collection of promo-sets?

I just got the Sopwith polybag for impulsively buying a couple LOTR sets yesterday. I have no particular interest in the Sopwith, so I'm just keeping mine sealed. I don't flip Legos, so it's really just a matter of keeping on-hand for a rainy day. Besides, if you check aucion sites, you'll find people selling it for $8-10 - not really a rare piece, in any case.