wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I thought that we were going to see something revealed more officially today, since it's Frodo's and Bilbo's birthday and Hobbit Day. Even though Nori and Thorin were leaked yesterday, I was hoping that we might get to see the rest of the dwarf minifigs. I really hope that Fili doesn't just get the princess hair. He could end up with something similar to Thorin's hair but in dark tan.

I thought that we were going to see something revealed more officially today, since it's Frodo's and Bilbo's birthday and Hobbit Day. Even though Nori and Thorin were leaked yesterday, I was hoping that we might get to see the rest of the dwarf minifigs. I really hope that Fili doesn't just get the princess hair. He could end up with something similar to Thorin's hair but in dark tan.

It's abit odd that they haven't even revealed the hobbit board game, wich will be released officialy 1. october.

(I know pictures are online, but those haven't been released by lego, and it seems they asked the one who recently uploaded pictures to take them down.)

I think tan/beige would be better for Filis hair than dark tan.

I think tan/beige would be better for Filis hair than dark tan.

I'm fairly sure he will have dark tan hair.

Either way, I agree with the others who have said it:

It seems pretty odd to me that there's nothing new regarding the sets today, with it being Hobbit Day 'n all.

They said there would be more new reveals in the next months... that was 2 months ago.

I'm a bit worried about the Kili figure as well. The micro version just has stubbles,

and I know the actual character's "beard" resembles stubbles more than a beard, but it's still just more than stubbles...

I hope he won't end up like another Indiana Jones or something.

Edited by General Magma

Please ignore my previous comment about Thror's Key. I re-read the passage, and Gandalf gave it to Thorin in Bag End. So a sliver of hope for Orcrist as far as I'm concerned. :)

If lego makes this guy I hope they use the long woody arms.

Grinnah the goblin

hobtoy3.jpg

Edited by deskp

That should make one ugly minifig. :wink:

I for one am ready for The Hobbit sets to come out. I need some more Middle-earth sets to buy. :laugh:

I haven't read The Hobbit so I don't have any experience with the characters or what I would imagine them to be like. It looks like I have PJ to thank for that...

But with that said, I think TLG is hitting these figures spot on. I like the new beards/hair pieces. I'm excited for the new figures to add to my collection and of course will have to watch the movie and read the book thanks to TLG.

But it is nice seeing the line-up!

Thanks for the updates.

You mean Movies!

I'm fairly sure he will have dark tan hair.

Either way, I agree with the others who have said it:

It seems pretty odd to me that there's nothing new regarding the sets today, with it being Hobbit Day 'n all.

They said there would be more new reveals in the next months... that was 2 months ago.

I'm a bit worried about the Kili figure as well. The micro version just has stubbles,

and I know the actual character's "beard" resembles stubbles more than a beard, but it's still just more than stubbles...

I hope he won't end up like another Indiana Jones or something.

Well they will most likely be revealed at NYCC in two weaks!

If lego makes this guy I hope they use the long woody arms.

Grinnah the goblin

hobtoy3.jpg

I hope they do two that would be epic!

Edited by LegoLotRGuy

That should make one ugly minifig. :wink:

I for one am ready for The Hobbit sets to come out. I need some more Middle-earth sets to buy. :laugh:

My sentiments exactly. I have bought every set except orc forge and 2 weathertops and 3 Uruk hai sets.

More middle earth TLG should release 1-2 sets in December for LOTR.

Found some pictures of the Great Goblin and Bolg action figures to be released. I'm not quite %100 with the designs, but maybe they just look strange as action figures and will look way better on screen and in LEGO form.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072994-12/

I'm really looking forward how LEGO will do the Great Goblin :laugh:

But Bolg looks kinda weird, Dwarf-Orc Hybrid? :tongue:

EDIT: That Grinnah creature looks like a big naked Gremlin :tongue:

Edited by Moexy

Found some pictures of the Great Goblin and Bolg action figures to be released. I'm not quite %100 with the designs, but maybe they just look strange as action figures and will look way better on screen and in LEGO form.

The Great goblin is in the trailer.. thats how he will look "ON SCREEN"

They seem to be doing a more tribal thing with the Orcs in the hobbit, presumably cause they all live mroe in the forest compared to lotr.

Well the Goblin King is more like a troll than a goblin but it seems that it's the "mutated" version of a goblin or the Great Goblin eats to much :laugh: ,and seriously,who is bolg??Can someone tell me?

Here's the LotR Wiki entry (SPOILERS apply!): Bolg

Thanks cant wait to see him in the movie,I wonder if we have the chance to get him in a minifig form,I'm sure he will in the next hobbit movie.And I'm also betting that the Great Goblin will have the apperance of the cave troll in the minifig form,I mean he's HUGE for a normal goblin :laugh: ,cant wait to see how the dwarfs and Gandalf will deal with him in the movie.

Thanks cant wait to see him in the movie,I wonder if we have the chance to get him in a minifig form,I'm sure he will in the next hobbit movie.And I'm also betting that the Great Goblin will have the apperance of the cave troll in the minifig form,I mean he's HUGE for a normal goblin :laugh: ,cant wait to see how the dwarfs and Gandalf will deal with him in the movie.

More the size of the lego hulk, remember the dwarves are short. making the goblin seem even bigger.

More the size of the lego hulk, remember the dwarves are short. making the goblin seem even bigger.

Well the hulk and the Cave Troll are in the same size arent they?

Seeing that size comparison makes me think that the Great Goblin should be the same size as the Hulk. That way he isn't too big to Gandalf, but seems quite large to Thorin and Co.

I agree, Fives. Based on the trailer he's not quite Cave Troll size, so something similar to the Hulk would be good. Only much fatter and uglier, obviously. :tongue: