wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Why haven't I've seen any reviews for Attack on Weathertop? I know the price is bad, but it does look like a really cool set.

Why haven't I've seen any reviews for Attack on Weathertop? I know the price is bad, but it does look like a really cool set.

Well, sidersdd said that he would be taking pictures of the figs and adding them to his flickr folder, so if you asked, he may be willing to take a few of the set itself.

Picked up these sets today - even got a 40% discount :) . . . Anyways, they are all amazing. The detail on the mini-figs is great. I have to say, the orcs are well-done. I am absolutely in love with them. They look 100 times better than the orcs in CASTLE.

With all that said, I found the Legolas, and Aragon figs to be lacking. They should've added a cloak to the figs. Also, I wish Legolas' head piece allowed room for a quiver (much like the orcs' head piece does). Oh well.

These sets truly are a must buy.

How did you get a 40% discount? Also the orc hairpiece does leave room to place a quiver?

And I often bought stuff from online shops (Amazon, bol.com, etc.) but when you only buy small amounts, the shipping costs make it as expensive as if you would buy it in the retail shops near home.

Typically Dutch online shops offer a 20 to 25% reduction. Still, shipping costs might make it costlier to buy from them if you only buy one small set. I normally buy all my sets at once and combine them with orders from a friend of mine, sharing the shipping costs.

How did you get a 40% discount? Also the orc hairpiece does leave room to place a quiver?

I got lucky, the store where I bought the sets had huge sales for mother's day.

Yes, the orc head piece in mines of moria. I'll post pictures later tonight when I have more time.

Would it make sense to order elsewhere? I have no experience with ordering stuff from other countries. What do European buyers think?

I would start with 4 Gandalf arrives for horses, gray capes, dark tan parts etc., but not for 15 Euro each.

Most of the time the shipping costs take away all the price difference(as I can't afford ordering for hundreds of euros), so most of the time I just buy it directly in Germany.

Edited by Delta_02_Cat

Stop-motion build video of "Gandalf arrives" set. It's really well done.

It's really well done.

Except the wheels are

in the end of it. :laugh: Nevertheless, it is still a very well done video and I finally understood how the cart is designed. Quite clever.

First review I've seen of the Weathertop set on YouTube!

I actually want this set now! The detail looks great! :thumbup:

The only thing holding me off from buying it is the price.

Edited by just2good

First review I've seen of the Weathertop set on YouTube!

I actually want this set now! The detail looks great! :thumbup:

The only thing holding me off from buying it is the price.

Okay, I'm feeling seriously conflicted now! :sad: I was planning to save this set for much later, but I don't know now... I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale.

Edited by Philip Robin

I found another review by DoctorBrikDaddy for Uruk-Hai Army.

I've posted photos for the Weathertop figs on my flickr feed finally.

I'll try and get to some of the one off requests next.

I should be getting Orc Forge tomorrow as well.

Edited by sidersdd

They're all gorgeous minifigs. I sure cannot wait to put my hands on some. And I wish that Helms Deep wasn't so expensive. :hmpf_bad:

I've posted photos for the Weathertop figs on my flickr feed finally.

I'll try and get to some of the one off requests next.

I should be getting Orc Forge tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the continued uploads! If you wouldn't mind: I'd be interested in the following two things:

- can the Rohan shield be attached to a saddle of a horse?

- what does Aragorn look like with a cloak (grey, brown or green)?

- can you fit a quiver onto Aragorn?

Edited by Lynx

Thanks for getting those pics up, sidersdd. The Nazgul look much better when looked at in detail. The cloaks are exactly how I imagined them. It's unfortunate that the cloaks stick out that far from the Wraith's backs, but oh well. Also, I just realized that the dark pearl grey gladius included in the set could represent the Morgul Blade that Frodo gets stabbed by.

I just found the Gandalf Arrives, Uruk-Hai Army, and Shelob Attack sets at Fred Meyer here in the U.S. Pacific Northwest.

I just found the Gandalf Arrives, Uruk-Hai Army, and Shelob Attack sets at Fred Meyer here in the U.S. Pacific Northwest.

Similar. I just found those three at TRU near Atlanta, GA

I love the little Gandalf Arrives set. 2 nice figs and the cart is actually a much more substantial build than iwas expecting. Good Stuff! I just hope these new "pinkies" don't clash to badly with the local villages "lemon heads", they are ever so distrustful of strangers :wacko::blush:

Typically Dutch online shops offer a 20 to 25% reduction. Still, shipping costs might make it costlier to buy from them if you only buy one small set. I normally buy all my sets at once and combine them with orders from a friend of mine, sharing the shipping costs.

Did you find the sets on a dutch webshop already? And yes, which one?

Did you find the sets on a dutch webshop already? And yes, which one?

No, quite often this one is first, but they list no shipping dates yet (and it is the most expensive one). The one I usually place my orders at will only have them in August. Pff.

Edited by KristofBD

Similar. I just found those three at TRU near Atlanta, GA

I love the little Gandalf Arrives set. 2 nice figs and the cart is actually a much more substantial build than iwas expecting. Good Stuff! I just hope these new "pinkies" don't clash to badly with the local villages "lemon heads", they are ever so distrustful of strangers :wacko::blush:

Really? Great! I'll have to pick them up. Are they markup price or regular?

Received Orc Forge set from Target.com today. Will get photos of figs up later.

The free poster offer from Target appears to be the Gollum one (see below). That's what I recevied today anyway. It's also possible it's a random draw. Anyone else receive one?

gollum-lego-hobbit-lord-of-the-rings.jpg

I was just thinking: Is there a set release date for Lego products at Toys R Us? At one Toys R Us, I was told the LOTR sets would be out on Friday, but at another, they had them, they just couldn't release them.

Wow, those Mordor orcs are better than I expected. The back printing on the head of the orcs more than makes up for the fact that it is missing a second face and another hairpiece.