Sign in to follow this  
Cyan

Blue Marine

This is my first public System MoC! Features detachable tool box on rear(attached with magnets), opening hatch and roof, posable engines and 3 man crew(Pilot, Cook, Mechanic). It is air tight, and please be advised the stand is not part of the MoC :D.

makutanuva_entry_final3.jpg

The Crew!

Front

Hatch Open

Side

Side View 2

Rear(w/Tool Box)

Tool Box Detached

Tool Box Open(w/Tools)

Engines Lowered

Roof Opening

Interior(Empty)

Interior(w/Crew)

Interior View 2(w/Crew)

Underside(Rear)

Underside(Front)

To be quite honest, I don't really like it or think it is particularly amazing. I highly doubt that physics would allow that to go in a straight line, and that it would be sensible to have it in a T shap with the cockpit at the top of the T in stead of the back. I will give you 3 points for a coherent color scheme, but -.5 for the black fins which mess it up. Although, plus 1 point for the attempt at a computer made background.

Overall- 3.5/10

-l2k-

well i don't think it is that bad at all. l2000 you should be ashamed of yourself! who gave you the right to mark peoples work and bit*h about it! not everybody has all the lego to keep everything to a certain colour scheme! you don't even know the age of the person making the entry!

He's allowed to state his opinion, after all, what would we do on a forum where we aren't allowed to express our opinions? I do think he was a little severe, but in his transitional period between schools I think we can forgive him. What he did was tell Cyan what he thought was wrong, and from his post I would try and improve certain aspects that I could pick up from L2Ks post.

On the MoC, the real subject of the thread, I think the sub is a very nice MoC for your first. Sure, it could be a little more shapely (bit boxy right now) and in the real world the fins at the back would hinder movement, but this is LEGO. In the real world do we have studs on the top of our heads? No.

I also suggest you attach the engines more solidly. To me it looks a bit weak and, to contradict myself, unrealistic.

Overall, great start with a solid base for improvement.

To be quite honest, I don't really like it or think it is particularly amazing. I highly doubt that physics would allow that to go in a straight line, and that it would be sensible to have it in a T shap with the cockpit at the top of the T in stead of the back. I will give you 3 points for a coherent color scheme, but -.5 for the black fins which mess it up. Although, plus 1 point for the attempt at a computer made background.

Overall- 3.5/10

-l2k-

Well, I'm 13. And he should be 13, or at least older, so it dosn't really matter at all.

-l2k-

Well, lego2000, at least he makes it from his imagination, instead of merely copying all his MOCs from other people ;-)

It's not a bad start, and don't get discouraged. Everyone starts small, I can't wait to see the things you'll make in the future!

Well, lego2000, at least he makes it from his imagination, instead of merely copying all his MOCs from other people ;-)

I make MOC's from my imagination too, what do you mean?

-l2k-

I think you have captured everything on picture really good of your moc.

The design is a bit square-ish which sertainly can be aproved.

I think you should keep this moc, and maybe develope it if you feel to.

I also think you got some bad points that you can take to you in develope

as a builder, or just ignore.

But you also got some good crit.

What I would do is to try to extend a good ground-model.

The different pictures is very good.

Like to see what else you can come up with!

-Ras-

Although boxy it has potential ;-)

I like the engine setup you have now - I dont care if its functional or not, half the stuff people do wouldnt be classified or realistic. Thats why its called imagination, to be creative and try new things. Maybe you could try elaborating on the engine setup and style you have there, I like it.

As for the boxy shape, I would try to smooth it out with curves all the way down the body, sort of forming to the bubble cockpit, so it has an overall cylindrical shape.

A nice start :-$

I actually like it. Make it a bit shorter and the it wouldn't look so blocky. ;-)

I actually like it. Make it a bit shorter and the it wouldn't look so blocky. ;-)

Hey sorry guys, this topic is from a couple of years ago. I accidentally revived it. I don't think that member has been around for quite some time. My mistake. I'm actually going to close this to avoid any trouble...

Sorry :-$