sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Cool Falcon, what torso did you use?

Also here are three versions of TV Barry Allen, not sure which hair style is better

image_zpseichafbp.jpeg

image_zpsewdmhm0s.jpeg

image_zps5abmxrgx.jpeg

Also here are three versions of TV Barry Allen, not sure which hair style is better

The Falcon torso is from Tremor, in Ultra Agents.

In regards to the hair question, my personal preference is for the spiked (sleepy) hair: it looks styled, while the other two look slightly mussed. Each piece is accurate for different scenes, but in general CW tends to style hair nicely. Also, I know this comes unsolicited, but I'd advise against using that face. It looks too old for Barry.

Spikey hair is more Barry, but not that face. Looks too old.

Two looks like John Barrowman.

What head is that btw? It could work for something else I am working on.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

That looks awesome! :D

Also, I don't have any Nexo Knights stuff yet, so I have to ask that is a new trans-green, right? It looks different from the trans-green I'm used to see. The bright green is too close to yellow, in my opinion, and the dark green is well, a bit dark. This one looks great! If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic with some other trans-green gear so I could see the difference? If there is any, that is. Thanks!

Thank you. It's trans-bright green, which has been around for a few years. The first time I remember seeing it was in the Atlantis sets. It's also used as the color for the accents on Hal's jet, so I thought it would be good for his construct color.

I would use the third, but I would also change the face. Unless you're going for Trickster-disguised-as-Barry ;)

Thank you. It's trans-bright green, which has been around for a few years. The first time I remember seeing it was in the Atlantis sets. It's also used as the color for the accents on Hal's jet, so I thought it would be good for his construct color.

Interesting. I flipped through trans bright green's Bricklink page and found that it's usually used in Hero Factory. Thanks for the help.

This is how I had tried it before, still doesn't look right but what do you think? And I hope the background answers your other question :)

Yup, I think that's pretty nice. The only thing would be to use those Raimi movie spider hips I talked about, for the whole aesthetic. And as for the background, that clears things up nicely. Thanks! By the way, I also love the gun mod you did on the Deadpool figure you have hanging out on the TARDIS' roof. I've seen the binoculars or the fork (as I like to call that piece that's hanging down from the bottom), but never both. Brilliant! :D

I don't like the gray pants or the gray arms, and I switched them back after the photo, but I do prefer the Finn hair. It looks way better than I thought it would.

Personally, I think the photo you posted looks great, gray pants/arms and all.

Here are three versions of TV Barry Allen, not sure which hairstyle is better

Definitely 3, but like everyone's been saying, he needs a new face. Like Jbricks said, that face could make a good CW Trickster . . .

Two looks like John Barrowman.

So true! That concept could be used a lot, actually . . .

CW Merlin

Jack Harkness

The Stranger [Marvel] {He did the voice once, so that one is more of a joke, but Oky - Space Ranger is far better at those then I am . . .}

And those are just the ones that belong in this thread! :D

Thanks for the idea!

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Dang, now I need that Luke face. I've been wanting to build a Merlyn to go with my Green Arrow and League 'figs.

Also I'm definitely gonna look into that Ultimate Aaron set now. I needed some constructs for Hal to be posed with in my chess set, and the armor will work perfectly with what I've been thinking.

Personally, I think the photo you posted looks great, gray pants/arms and all.

What I really need are dual molded arms, with a lower section of reddish brown, and an upper section of black, silver, light gray, or dark gray, I don't care which. As far as I know, there are no reddish brown dual molded arms, and I'm actually surprised we aren't getting those in the official figure. If there are any now or any in upcoming sets, I would be grateful to hear about them.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated and I have thusly changed him

image_zps3h8xvpus.jpeg

And in regards to Deadpools gun, thanks I just wanted to make a big gun and threw some bits together

In regards to the Spidey hips, I don't have that figure and don't particularly want to get it just for one tiny part :)

Dang, now I need that Luke face. I've been wanting to build a Merlyn to go with my Green Arrow and League 'figs.

Also I'm definitely gonna look into that Ultimate Aaron set now. I needed some constructs for Hal to be posed with in my chess set, and the armor will work perfectly with what I've been thinking.

Personally, I feel as though that Luke face is really only good for a CW/TV style Merlyn, as he was portrayed by John Barrowman.

If you're looking for a comics style Merlyn, I'd use Tony Stark's face, if you can spare one.

A Lego DC Chess set?! I'd love to see that! :excited::moar::drool::thumbup: I think you should create a thread and show it off, if you haven't already! :D

What I really need are dual molded arms, with a lower section of reddish brown, and an upper section of black, silver, light gray, or dark gray, I don't care which. As far as I know, there are no reddish brown dual molded arms, and I'm actually surprised we aren't getting those in the official figure. If there are any now or any in upcoming sets, I would be grateful to hear about them.

Yes. PREACH. I haven't heard of any such brick, but I'd love to use/have dual-molded arms like that!

1) Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated and I have thusly changed him

2) And in regards to Deadpool's gun, thanks, I just wanted to make a big gun and threw some bits together

3) In regards to the Spidey hips, I don't have that figure and don't particularly want to get it just for one tiny part :)

1) Barry's hair looks funky to me. Did you change the hair you had before to black, or is it just the lighting? Either way, Barry's hair should be the brown one in that spiky style . . . His face, however, looks great! :D

2) I thought you'd done it deliberately. Either way, it looks really cool. :)

3) I don't have it either. I'd just thought that the aesthetic would work if you did have them. Either way, it still looks great, and you shouldn't worry about those.

Just so you know, though, you don't have to get the entire figure for just the hips.

If you want the hips, they're available on Bricklink. (If you're interested, that link will take you to the hips' page, not the Bricklink homepage.)

It's the 2014 Luke Skywalker head

I know its a long shot, but since I saw you commented, I thought I'd ask. When you started this thread with Cyclops, the picture you linked (which has since succumbed to either link rot or another form of deterioration . . .) was the Racer X torso, right? In other words, this one?

Just to let you guys know, I reposted bits and pieces of the conversation regarding Hulk_Smash's Barry Allen in the Purist TV/Movie Figures thread, because I thought that some of the comments could help with other TV characters. Now, this begs the question as to whether or not TV superheroes should go here or in the TV thread, but that is a debate that may need its own thread entirely. Regardless, I hope that all of us here can glean some ideas from the great inspiration posited in the Purist TV/Movie Figures thread.

Personally I like the hair that came with the truck driver in the Gorilla Grodd set for Barry. Where's that first hair piece from, though?

It is from the zombie business man.

And Cheese, it's the lighting as I only have that piece in brown (and currently on Peter Parker who kindly lent it to a different universe for that picture)

And here's a new one I'm not to sure about, it's Kyle Nimbus aka The Mist

image_zpsxeblwyll.jpeg

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Which combination is more accurate for armored Batman from The Dark Knight Returns: A black armor breastplate and open chin cowl, or the gunmetal armor and cowl from Clash of Heroes? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Personally, I feel as though that Luke face is really only good for a CW/TV style Merlyn, as he was portrayed by John Barrowman.

If you're looking for a comics style Merlyn, I'd use Tony Stark's face, if you can spare one.

A Lego DC Chess set?! I'd love to see that! :excited::moar::drool::thumbup: I think you should create a thread and show it off, if you haven't already! :D

Spare a Stark face? Yeah, I could :P I'm not exactly familiar with Merlyn from anything else, though, so I'm content to make the CW version, especially since my Green Arrow and Arsenal are moreso geared towards those versions.

As for the chess set, yes I'll photograph it, but I don't know if I'll do so until it's finished. Currently it's actually Avengers vs Justice League, but I intend to make it modular, so I'll have some villain teams as well eventually. Meanwhile I'm waiting on the Civil War sets for the B-team Avengers, and need Beastboy and Starfire to finish off my Young Justice/Teen Titans, which will be the teams' respective pawns.

...Okay, fine, I'll probably post a WIP thread. It'll be long enough of a wait for the rest of the 'figs, and maybe I can get some suggestions for improvements while I'm still working on it.

(Coincidentally my Walmart put up a bunch of Nexo Knights stuff within the last few days. I grabbed Ultimate Aaron and Macy. Loving the armor on GL :D )

Edited by JaseTJ

Which combination is more accurate for armored Batman from The Dark Knight Returns: A black armor breastplate and open chin cowl, or the gunmetal armor and cowl from Clash of Heroes? I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'd certainly go with the open chin cowl.

Hey all, I'm finally back for more. This time it's lead from metal men so 4 down and 2 to go :D. Here he is!

Lead

And Cheese, it's the lighting as I only have that piece in brown (and currently on Peter Parker who kindly lent it to a different universe for that picture)

And here's a new one I'm not to sure about, it's Kyle Nimbus aka The Mist

Thanks for the clarification about Barry's hair. :)

As for Kyle, the head is good, but could use a bit more mania. Might I suggest the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent's head?

For starters . . . I'd go with flesh hands. You chose the green to represent his gaseous form, right? It works, but only to a certain extent . . .

The pants are great, but the torso seems a bit off. Maybe it's the yellow? Anyway, that's a great start to what I'm sure will be an awesome figure! :)

Spare a Stark face? Yeah, I could :P I'm not exactly familiar with Merlyn from anything else, though, so I'm content to make the CW version, especially since my Green Arrow and Arsenal are moreso geared towards those versions.

As for the chess set, yes I'll photograph it, but I don't know if I'll do so until it's finished. Currently it's actually Avengers vs Justice League, but I intend to make it modular, so I'll have some villain teams as well eventually. Meanwhile I'm waiting on the Civil War sets for the B-team Avengers, and need Beastboy and Starfire to finish off my Young Justice/Teen Titans, which will be the teams' respective pawns.

...Okay, fine, I'll probably post a WIP thread. It'll be long enough of a wait for the rest of the 'figs, and maybe I can get some suggestions for improvements while I'm still working on it.

(Coincidentally my Walmart put up a bunch of Nexo Knights stuff within the last few days. I grabbed Ultimate Aaron and Macy. Loving the armor on GL :D )

In that case, I'd stick for Barrowman's Merlyn (at least for now).

YES! Please post a link to that here! :D

As for the Nexo Knights stuff, glad you were able to pick that up! Just a thought: Macy's gear could potentially be used for a minifigure scale red lantern.

My original plan was to make his gas form, but it ended up looking more like some weird plant Poison Ivy would employ so I scrapped it, hence the green hands (that and I don't have any flesh hands to spare) and that was the best torso I had that didn't look plain.

And the Shield agents head looks more happy then crazy to me.