sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I feel like dark bley arms and maybe hips might help it along... From that view it looks great, but from the side of the helmet is the dark bley a bit out of place on the helmet but nowhere else?

So, this isn't my design, it came up in the Lego Fans group I'm in on Facebook. The design is amazing, so I figured I'd share it here.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Attachment space management - :(

Erm... Batman Beyond? You didn't say who it was... >_>

Pretty sure it's Arkham Knight.

Also, the Cyberman+War Machine= Mk 2 looks pretty good, as we all predicted. Nice job, guys!

I feel like dark bley arms and maybe hips might help it along... From that view it looks great, but from the side of the helmet is the dark bley a bit out of place on the helmet but nowhere else?

Everthing matches, it's just the lighting, I took it in the dark with a torch shining on it, I can take another picture in better lighting if you want?

Ooooh that makes sense. I haven't got an XBone yet, so I haven't gotten to play Arkham Knight. Looks like a good representation of him from what I remember from the trailers though.

@Hulk_Smash, I don't mean to say the colors don't work well together. I just thought that there might not be a good balance of the colors. The Cyberman is the lighter silver, no? And War Machine's helmet is primarily dark bley. I just wanted to know if so much of a different color on top stood out, and figured swapping the arms out might help if so.

Based on the pic from Deadman that Legocity posted, though, it does look fine, so it's a moot point.

So, this isn't my design, it came up in the Lego Fans group I'm in on Facebook. The design is amazing, so I figured I'd share it here.

Erm... Batman Beyond? You didn't say who it was... >_>

Pretty sure it's Arkham Knight.

Ooooh that makes sense. I haven't got an XBone yet, so I haven't gotten to play Arkham Knight. Looks like a good representation of him from what I remember from the trailers though.

Yup, that's Arkham Knight. Sorry for any confusion.

For my Arkham Knight I used Hank Pym's Ant Man torso. But that one is a lot better!

Continuing with my Flash villains here is (a smaller than he should be) King Shark

image_zpspx5fkaxu.jpeg

And an improved Felicity Smoak

image_zpsf9eluvuk.jpeg

That head and torso are just perfect for Felicity! Finally, the Big Bang Theory causes something good lol

I'm really loving that Arkham Knight. I'd like to see how that combo looks with the old black cowl, though. Is that torso in any set still on shelves?

That head and torso are just perfect for Felicity! Finally, the Big Bang Theory causes something good lol

I'm really loving that Arkham Knight. I'd like to see how that combo looks with the old black cowl, though. Is that torso in any set still on shelves?

I realised that as I built it yesterday :) much better the the Harleen Quinzel head I was using.

Continuing with my Flash villains here is (a smaller than he should be) King Shark

And an improved Felicity Smoak

That's a pretty awesome King Shark! If you want to make him bigger, though, I do have a few suggestions:

1. Try customizing a big-fig, like the Hulk, if you have an extra one floating around.
  2. Try adding some bricks to his feet, or customizing the mini-fig design itself.
  3. Try doing a completely brick-built version.
  4. Try some of the other Lego shark heads, and see how those look.

I feel your struggle in trying to make what should be a big-fig out of minifig parts. :(

As for Felicity Smoak, I like what you did with her, but personally, I don't think I can use that design. As a fan of the show, I can't "unsee" those pieces as being Bernadette, if that makes sense.

:(

I have an idea for what I'd like my Felicity to look like, though. Can you post a picture of this combo for me, if you have the parts?

Luna Lovegood's hair

Bernadette's head

Luna Lovegood's jacket

The pants and laptop you have now.

Happy building!

- The Big Red Cheese

About the big fig option, I'm a purist so making a big fig is out of the question for me, and I don't have any bricks of the right colour to add to his feet, but I am happy with him as he is :)

And I don't have those parts to try out.

So I took Supes' dual-molded legs... And put them on my Spidey from Spiderman 2. I swapped out the hip piece to keep the web printing and a bit more red, but as I would already consider that 'fig the best Spiderman we currently have... It's amazing win the boots.

I'll try to snag a pic later, assuming nobody else has already done this.

Edited by JaseTJ

So I took Supes' dual-molded legs... And put them on my Spidey from Spiderman 2. I swapped out the hip piece to keep the web printing and a bit more red, but as I would already consider that 'fig the best Spiderman we currently have... It's amazing win the boots.

I'll try to snag a pic later, assuming nobody else has already done this.

I am very excited to see how this turns out.

I work late, but maybe afterwards... Something of interest I noticed, though: Supes' legs are ever so slightly darker than the normal dark blue. It looks fine with other dark blue, but I noticed it, anyways *shrug*

About the big fig option, I'm a purist so making a big fig is out of the question for me, and I don't have any bricks of the right colour to add to his feet, but I am happy with him as he is :)

And I don't have those parts to try out.

Well, in that case, enjoy. :) And as for those combos, I'll ask other people. Thanks anyway!

ol91Rsl.jpg

Legion's Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl

9pSVYGt.jpg

Blue Beetle and Firestorm

F2YP3LI.jpg

Doomsday

Kl2OZhm.jpg

Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle

Ir7JB5W.jpg

Magneto and His Acolytes

jmqlD6e.jpg

The Vulture