sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Torso is from the Jungle Cutter set (Indiana Jones KotCS). I dunno what head he used, but it looks like the one I used for my comic Wasp--Megan Fox's April ONeal, maybe?

Hey guys , I'm making a huge batman ( new 52 themed) MOC and I want to include as many characters as I can . I have great minifigs ( official and custom ) for everyone except Catwoman . I'm not a fan of the official TLG figure and I couldn't find any good custom ones either . So I decided to do some research and find a way to make one myself ( the new 52 version ). Yesterday I had this idea for her ,but I don't have the parts , so I post it here in hope one of you guys do , so that you can post a picture of her .

Ver.1 : prof. Hooch ( HP ) head and official catwoman helmet/ cowl

Ver.2 : prof. Hooch ( HP ) head and the new batman cowl , with the front area beneath the "eyebrows" cut off . I think this one will look significantly better , but it requires modding and obviously isn't purist . As for the body , I think I'll use a design similar to TLG's ,but without any purple on it , and on an AREALIGHT curved torso , but the head/helmet is what's actually troubling me , and has me asking for your help . If anyone has the parts to make these and can post them ( with any random torso and legs , it makes no difference ) I'll forever be in their debt , as it's next to impossible to order them online where I live in :cry_sad:

Edited by The Caped Crusader

Torso is from the Jungle Cutter set (Indiana Jones KotCS). I dunno what head he used, but it looks like the one I used for my comic Wasp--Megan Fox's April ONeal, maybe?

You're on the money with the torso. The head belongs to Mary Jane.

Hey guys , I'm making a huge batman ( new 52 themed) MOC and I want to include as many characters as I can . I have great minifigs ( official and custom ) for everyone except Catwoman . I'm not a fan of the official TLG figure and I couldn't find any good custom ones either . So I decided to do some research and find a way to make one myself ( the new 52 version ). Yesterday I had this idea for her ,but I don't have the parts , so I post it here in hope one of you guys do , so that you can post a picture of her .

Ver.1 : prof. Hooch ( HP ) head and official catwoman helmet/ cowl

Ver.2 : prof. Hooch ( HP ) head and the new batman cowl , with the front area beneath the "eyebrows" cut off . I think this one will look significantly better , but it requires modding and obviously isn't purist . As for the body , I think I'll use a design similar to TLG's ,but without any purple on it , and on an AREALIGHT curved torso , but the head/helmet is what's actually troubling me , and has me asking for your help . If anyone has the parts to make these and can post them ( with any random torso and legs , it makes no difference ) I'll forever be in their debt , as it's next to impossible to order them online where I live in :cry_sad:

I've seen lots of people try cutting cowls and never once has it looked all that great. Hooch's goggles aren't going to fill up the eyeholes of the cat mask well enough, either.

I've seen lots of people try cutting cowls and never once has it looked all that great. Hooch's goggles aren't going to fill up the eyeholes of the cat mask well enough, either.

Well , about the Catwoman mask , the more I think about it the more I loose faith in it , but it goes the other way around for the new Batman cowl . I think it will look spot-on if cut correctly ! Do you have links to pictures of the cut cowls you speak of ? I'm pretty bad at cutting myself so I need to see if it will work for me and then have a friend cut it .

Well , about the Catwoman mask , the more I think about it the more I loose faith in it , but it goes the other way around for the new Batman cowl . I think it will look spot-on if cut correctly ! Do you have links to pictures of the cut cowls you speak of ? I'm pretty bad at cutting myself so I need to see if it will work for me and then have a friend cut it .

The best I can think of off the top of my head is this one here, although it's a Catwoman cowl and not a Batman one. (No offense to the guy who made it. I love his Poison Ivy, but cut cowls never work all that well.)

Well , If I could cut a Batman cowl like that it would be perfect for me ... If you stumble upon a cut off one please do send a link :classic:

Can someone post a pic with the Juniors Green Goblin with the minifig Hulk's legs please?

Can someone post a pic with the Juniors Green Goblin with the minifig Hulk's legs please?

Oh, wow, that's a really, really brilliant solution to the Racers leg problem! It only makes sense if you already have Hulk, though. If you don't, it's $7 USD just for Hulk legs; $7 + $10 for the racer is more than Goblin is going for these days. I don't have either, so I can't help you.

Oh, wow, that's a really, really brilliant solution to the Racers leg problem! It only makes sense if you already have Hulk, though. If you don't, it's $7 USD just for Hulk legs; $7 + $10 for the racer is more than Goblin is going for these days. I don't have either, so I can't help you.

Or you can buy the Hulk keychain, take off the legs and attach them to a purple hip piece

Or you can buy the Hulk keychain, take off the legs and attach them to a purple hip piece

Wow, that's an even better idea that I had never considered! You're blowing my mind here! At prices right now, it would still be cheaper overall to bite the bullet and get the Goblin on Bricklink or eBay, but that'll be a perfect solution for many, many people!

Wow, that's an even better idea that I had never considered! You're blowing my mind here! At prices right now, it would still be cheaper overall to bite the bullet and get the Goblin on Bricklink or eBay, but that'll be a perfect solution for many, many people!

The keychain is £2.99 and the upcoming Micro Goblin set is £10. That rounds to £13, sounds pretty cheap to me

And by the way, you're welcome

The keychain is £2.99 and the upcoming Micro Goblin set is £10. That rounds to £13, sounds pretty cheap to me

It's only £7.34 for Goblin on Bricklink, but obviously that can change. I hope you can get yours to work!

On another note, I have a couple partial ideas:

Has anyone tried Barry's head for a Falcon figure? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the cost.

And could someone put Chase McCain style Dark Tan hair onto Mini Head 1709 (the Male Resistance fighter, or Naboo fighter pilot, or Resistance X-Wing pilot)? I'm trying to make a Steve Rogers figure, but I dislike the orange color Lego gave him for his hair and eyebrows.

Links to Ryan Rydalch's Flickr page. He attended some Comic Con and took pictures with the Captain America figure you described:

https://www.flickr.c...05/21739294761/

https://www.flickr.c...05/21718361412/

It looks really good imo. :wub_drool::excited:

Oh my goodness. That looks so perfect! I need to get that head now. Thank you so, so much! How on earth did you find these?!

Oh my goodness. That looks so perfect! I need to get that head now. Thank you so, so much! How on earth did you find these?!

No problem at all man. :classic::thumbup:

It does look really good indeed, I may need to get that head as well.

How I found the pictures is actually pure serendipity. I was on Flickr a few days ago when I saw it, and when you posed your question I just remembered it.

Right place at the right time I guess. :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713

In Nexo Knights there's a guy who'd be perfect for a custom Dormammu!

http://oi61.tinypic.com/10zpxko.jpg

The guy to the right with Infearno's helmet would be a great Dormammu.

The guy to the left's torso and legs will make for a PERFECT Avengers Assemble Dracula. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Edited by Legocity2713

And for those Agents of Shield fanatics, Mockingbird, aka Bobbi Morse. Personally she needs Madame Hooch's goggles but otherwise she's peachy.

800x600.jpg