Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

What do you think off new grays??

I thought I should start a new post so we don't go off topic in the other thread. Like we would ever do that!! :D

Anyway, just post your opinions here and we can discuss!!!

Jon.

Well I don't mind them AT ALL. But that's probably because I don't make any MOCs, because I'm awful at it. And because I don't make them, I don't have to worry about the news and the olds mixing.

I only have the mini sets so far with the new grays in. As Apophis said in another thread they look strange when next to each other. I don't think I shall mix them up as they don't look right together. I shall have to try a castle moc with the new ones, I wonder what it shall be like?? :huh:

But I prefer old grays!! Yeah!! :D

Jon.

the new ones look cold, the old ones warm... but only in comparison... maybe i had never recognized the difference if i hadn't seen them next to each other... :blink:

I'm not really bothered by the replacement of colours. In a few years I will probally end up with enough grey peices for custom purposes.

New gray is perfect for the old ships looks in SW. Instead of 2 gray variations, I got 4 !

And before we only had one gray so I cannot complain :)

The diffrent shades makes the ships, cars etc. look "old", wich is cool. A ship like the MF has to look old and tuffend, not brand new.

Yeah, they do have a good effect on ships like the MF but if you have all 4 in a castle wall or something then I don't think it would work very well.

It would seem too multi-coloured I think.

Jon.

As apophys said, they look colder, which is in my opinion a good point for the new gray. After all, castles are made of stone, which is a cold material. It will help you in rendering a better castle atmospheer.

I still do think those new grays are really good. I have a lot of the old ones and I hope to get at least the same amount of new gray pieces. What I wonder now is : "do kids care bout this color change ?". If they don't, then I don't, cause it will help sales :rolleyes:

But I remember that as a kid I didan't care about color. Shape was the most important thing ! Color were always mixed awfully together. SO the main questioon should be : is color more important than shape for kids ?

Im not sure which I find more important but I think for castles at the moment I will stay with the old as I have many more of those ones and Im not quite sure which will look best. I hope they do have the stone cold effect that you said.

Jon.

Lets all use our mind, remember lego is about being kreativ ;)

Yes we can be as creative as we like but a blue castle just doesn't seem right to me.

Jon.

Well Im not sure but I don't think it would, however a yellow castle... I wont get started!! :D :P

Jon.

Yes I hope so too.

I haven't ever had it but from what I've seen and heard it is the best ever castle set!!

Jon.

Yes, it would be good for the next ledgend. It sure is a classic but very expensive to buy now.

Jon.