wooootles

The Wasabi District

I shall be looking forward to your work - I must say, I admire both your creations and your level of planning! :)

I am sorry to bump this thread (cannot figure out how to PM). I loove your designs "wootles", any chance you have a bigger picture or even an lxf file of the middle building of your previews? Would be greatly apprechiated.

Keep on your fantastic work, thanks for sharing it with us!

Hi---unfortunately I have changed that file... though I'm prepared in the next week or so to show a preview in LDD. I have been converting it from a 48x32 corner into many different sizes, eventually settling in for a 32-wide non-corner. It's almost useless to describe further, so all I can say is please stay tuned :classic:

Hello guys!

I have a few updates regarding my (somewhat relative) absence and lack of new MOCs. Basically I'm just gearing back up to build some more LEGO. A few factors that stopped my progresses:

-Moving to a new apartment: I had to prioritize my finances, and when it's all said and done LEGO isn't as high as other real-life priorities.

-The apartment is smaller: I had grand plans for a grand district, but that's on hold for now

-10243: My next MOC was to be a restaurant, and not as big as my other building MOCs, but the release of 10243 blew me away and am now struggling to top it :laugh: On hold indefinitely!

-I moved downtown. I see more downtown/urban/city-like buildings more frequently now, and I have to say my earlier building MOCs doesn't measure up anymore. Several things will need to happen to my older MOCs:

4650809607_03b9988ab5_m.jpg

legohouse14 by wooootles, on Flickr - Tearing this one down. Wasabi District is a downtown-like city, and with space being valuable (in my LEGO district and in real life :grin: ) it's out of place unfortunately. I'll draw up something to replace it in LDD, to enter in the contest, though!

4651426930_fc3f98c739_m.jpg

pizza2 by wooootles, on Flickr - Will tear this one down, but will be remade. It's basically the look of the buildings where I live right now (and where I got the inspiration), but I've got access to new colors and pieces now. This one was made pre-bricklink.

4651428002_65876fd7ab_m.jpg

eaglebar1 by wooootles, on Flickr - Tearing this one down. My 3rd building MOC, its style, color, presence and purpose is basically taken over by my much more awesomer Avenue Residences.

5643764753_ca81ddf18f_m.jpg

Midtown Condo 1 by wooootles, on Flickr - Will tear this one down, but will be remade. "OMG this is my crown jewel MOC!" Was my first thought, but living in a downtown apartment now, and seeing the way it's built, made me rethink this MOC. After all, it doesn't even have a full interior, and the 3x1 baseplate setup is too unwieldy (See apartment space issues). I will cut this down to perhaps 1x2 baseplates, same as Avenue and Barnes and Noble, but maybe raise its height, and add many, many more amenities.

There. Basically my issue is all about cost and space (which is pretty much among the top issues when it comes to real life). This move will gain me 10,000+ building-appropriate pieces to play with. All in all, I'm just playing with LEGO, and I didn't use any Kragle on any of my MOCs so it's all good. Who knows, maybe a year or two for now, Avenue and Barnes and Noble may be staring down the wrecking ball also? :grin:

Oh, and thanks for supporting my CUUSOO project - a 4600-piece monster is always a tough business case but thanks for the vote of confidence anyway!