Sign in to follow this  
grs

Millennium Falcon 10179

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place with this post.

I'm just starting up on Lego models after a 21 years break, looking back I see there was a fantastic model of the Millennium Falcon (10179) released in 2007. Best I can tell this model is not being sold as new any more, models on Ebay are going for well over €1500 in some cases.

I'm wondering, how much was this model to buy new?

What sort of numbers were produced?

Do Lego plan on release this model again, I know the 2007 release had certificates and things to say it was a limited edition etc.. but I'm not a collector as such and therefore am not interested in things like that, I just like the model.

I would build it with what bricks I have but I doubt I even own the 5000+ bricks needed, much less the right ones!

I'm just about to buy the Super Star Destroyer model (10221) Haven't a clue where it's going to go though!!

There is a good discussion in this forum already, about the 10179 Falcon set, most info you require is listed there. Lot of pages to read through though =D

Thanks for the reply. I see the idea of a reissue is a touchy subject.

It's a great model with loads of detail.

I would love to just sit down and build it - maybe I can borrow someones for a few weeks?

Thanks for the reply. I see the idea of a reissue is a touchy subject.

It's a great model with loads of detail.

I would love to just sit down and build it - maybe I can borrow someones for a few weeks?

ye sure for a small fee with around 3 zeros on the end

Thanks!!

Well I've just bought the Super Star Destroyer through Ebay, so that is my money gone.

I have being looking at the BL method for getting a 10179 - maybe next year!

How much would that set be useful for parts to make a 10179? How many parts match?

it would be a total waste of money to buy a 10221 and hope you'd get much of anything you can use on 10179. i'd say technic beams and like 30 small (cheap) greebles pieces would be about all you'd get (just a guess; i didnt check out bricklink)

Edited by b4p

That's really awesome.

How much would that set be useful for parts to make a 10179? How many parts match?

According to www.rebrickable.com the Super Star Destryer provides you with 1304 parts which is 25% of the pieces for the Millenium Falcon.

Handoyo; I was reading up on that thread, I see there is a lot of debate about re-issues.

I've decided to go down the "self build" option. I found a spread sheet which someone made which is useful for tracking what parts you have and need. Also started going through my old bricks - didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Has anyone reading this gone the "self build" route? which elements/colour combinations did you find hardest to locate?

I'm not in a rush, so as money becomes available I'll order a few bits.

The idea of a "donor" set crossed my mind but I figured it would be a waste - although I like Lego I'm useless at making MOC's so the left over bits would go to waste.

I would love to build as I get the bits but I don't have the space for a part completed model in the house, also I'm about to buy a house and it would get broken up in the move.

As for the Super Star Destroyer, it was posted to me today from France (I'm in Ireland) again space is an issue for building it - but I can't resist, I'll have in built in a few evenings. Will keep updated.

Edited by grs

Bah. I bought the UCS Falcon for $500, and sold it for $750 several months ago. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying 5, and using the proceeds from a couple of sales to pay for my "keeper!" I had no idea that these UCS sets spiked in price they way they seem to. Well, I guess some seems to. The X-Wing and Falcon seem to have the greatest increase in price. I guess everyone loves the original Rebel ships.

Whats the point in having forums if you can't ask the questions the way you want. If you don't like my thread, don't read it!

I just get fed up with being directed to 20+ page threads that on just touch on what I want to know. It seems to happen far to often to me.

I'm still wondering what sort of numbers of the were produced.

Edited by grs

Whats the point in having forums if you can't ask the questions the way you want. If you don't like my thread, don't read it!

I just get fed up with being directed to 20+ page threads that on just touch on what I want to know. It seems to happen far to often to me.

First 10000(?) were limited edition, bit then it got mass produced like any other set. I don't think you can find out the total number.

The question you asked would have been fine to ask in the thread you were directed to. I for one follow that thread very closely because I like the 10179 Millennium Falcon and I like hearing how other members of this board have taken on projects to build their own Falcon. I personally don't mind you creating your own thread and will follow your thread also but I believe that the mods/admin like to keep the number of topics that are similar to a minimum.

Thanks again.

I have got all the information I need for now.

I just find it painful trying get information from a thread that is six months old and 29+ pages long and starts out one a different question to what I want to know.

I've often had people come in to threads I've have started and then go on a tangent and I never get the information I want, it's very frustrating, that's why I started a new one, perhaps jasonsmith would not have minded me asking these questions on his thread.

Anyway, lets leave it and move on.