Sign in to follow this  
benredstar

Parts for Microscale Space

Hello everybody!

After several years lurking on the fringes of Lego I have begun to build again and I seem to be now churning out Microscale Space creations at a surprising rate.

What I'd like to ask is whether anyone has any good ideas how best to get hold of parts suitable for Microspace building. Up to now I've been just buying sets; but of course they tend to contain a lot of large elements and comparatively few of the fiddly little elements you need to detail a Microscale creation. Anyone have any good advise?!

thanks!

/ben

Hello everybody!

After several years lurking on the fringes of Lego I have begun to build again and I seem to be now churning out Microscale Space creations at a surprising rate.

What I'd like to ask is whether anyone has any good ideas how best to get hold of parts suitable for Microspace building. Up to now I've been just buying sets; but of course they tend to contain a lot of large elements and comparatively few of the fiddly little elements you need to detail a Microscale creation. Anyone have any good advise?!

thanks!

/ben

If you are a Lego VIP, the exclusive mini modulars set is all tiny pieces

D

I'd suggest some of the Mini Creator or Star Wars sets - since they're already at microscale, they not only contain lots of good parts but could also teach you some interesting techniques to apply to your own creations. You might also make a trading post over in the B/S/T/F forum - there are plenty of large-scale builders who would gladly take your unwanted large pieces in exchange for a bunch of fiddly bits.

Also, on the SW note, the Advent Calendars(both last and this year) and the current planet series. Not only will you get small pieces, you'll get pieces directly suited to your wants. You might get some ideas, too.