Sign in to follow this  
Flipz

Minor idea: new "locked" icon

This may sound silly and inconsequential, but I'd like to suggest we update the "locked topic" icon that appears to the left of the topic titles. The brick icons are VERY useful in helping me remember whether or not a topic has been posted in since I last read it, and I feel the "locked topic" icon should do the same thing.

Now, I don't know if we should actually change the icon to a more LEGO-esque image (although this part would be a prime candidate), but whether we do or not, I'd suggest one more "colorful" image to indicate a locked topic with unread posts, and a gray image to indicate a locked topic that you have already read. Just my two cents studs! :laugh:

--Flipz

Check out the Pirate Forum, is that what you are talking about?

Well wait a minute, thus forum has a lock symbol also.

I don't see the problem, or the benefit to your suggestion?

The little arrow ( new_post.png ) denotes new posts made since you last read the topic, and applies to all topics, including locked ones. (actually, to be more specific, it's a link that takes you to the first post you haven't read, but it serves the purpose of letting you know if a locked topic has a new post)

Cam, he means that he'd like a second Locked icon, the way the normal icons have a faded out version displayed when you've read a topic. (from new.gif to no_new.gif, for example)

Ok, I understand what he wants now.

I personally think the arrow serves it's purpose well, but that's just my opinion.

The little arrow ( new_post.png ) denotes new posts made since you last read the topic, and applies to all topics, including locked ones. (actually, to be more specific, it's a link that takes you to the first post you haven't read, but it serves the purpose of letting you know if a locked topic has a new post)

...I feel so dumb that I never noticed this before. :facepalm: That's just fine, this can be closed.

Although...perhaps that could be added to the "key" at the bottom of each forum page (the one that shows what the different color brick icons/etc. mean)?