Sign in to follow this  
gherkin

Fork lift truck

Evening guys

Quick question. Can't seem to find an answer at the moment, but was basically wondering if TLG have produced a Fork Lift truck of some description. only ask as I'm in the process of constructing a warehouse (well it started off as a loading bay now it has grown, currently on 3 48x48 baseplates) and require something to lift 'pallets'. Or is it a case of I need to construct it from scratch

Thanks in advance

Evening guys

Quick question. Can't seem to find an answer at the moment, but was basically wondering if TLG have produced a Fork Lift truck of some description. only ask as I'm in the process of constructing a warehouse (well it started off as a loading bay now it has grown, currently on 3 48x48 baseplates) and require something to lift 'pallets'. Or is it a case of I need to construct it from scratch

Thanks in advance

7733-1.jpg

setnr 7733 Brickset

There was that one plus look closely at this from 2006.....

7898-1.jpg

Instructions from the actual forklifts are available from Lego.com building instructions page. :wink:

Upload some pictures of your warehouse when they are ready 'gherkin' ! :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

There was that one plus look closely at this from 2006.....

Instructions from the actual forklifts are available from Lego.com building instructions page. :wink:

Upload some pictures of your warehouse when they are ready 'gherkin' ! :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks guys, I'll build the top one first then have a look at the train set. Have to admit in not planning on doing the warehouse but once I competed the loading bay, it was like well where would the goods go!! It's sort of based on a warehouse I worked in years ago, the racking is about 4 mini figs high at the moment, not going any higher as I've got to put a roof on yet!!

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images.

I forgot to add there is this now.....

Ah yes the recyclining set, that one may be more appropriate :) thank you

Edited by Ricecracker

Here's a larger container lift from 7992

7992-1.jpg

Don't forget smaller one's can do the trick too

6375-1.jpg

The forklift from 7733 is my favorite except it is a little flimsy.

Train sets 7727 and 7722 also had forklifts. They're from the 4-wide era, so they're a bit more simple and have the "classic" charm.

When I was a child, I had set 615. But this set perhaps has a little bit too much charm.

setnr 7733 Brickset

The forklift in this set looks the closest to the real thing, alot like the one I get to use at work. Only the rollcage could be improved using the new piece thats on the recycling truck set :hmpf:

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images.

When I was a child, I had set 615. But this set perhaps has a little bit too much charm.

That's the one I was thinking of, I'm fairly sure I still have the working fork lift part!

D

Having just built the recycling set one (couldn't get the wheels to fit using LDD for the 7733 fork lift)that appears to have more height on it which is whats required. However due to the spacing between the racking I need to modifiy it so that the forks are at 90 degrees to the lifting section. Will keep my brain ticking over this evening after a mind numbing day at work!!