Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Heroica RPG - Quest #20: Missing Minerals!

IC: De'kra nodded as the foe fell, and turned to face the others. "Potion go to new leader?" he suggested, "He hurt already, and heroes have no healer. New leader also heavy hitter and powerful weapon, new heroes and I need him at he best. Not sure about gold, maybe divide 10 for each of new heroes and I, and extra five go to elemtal user; as he have lowest money. It new leader decision of course."

"Kghaackk....Take...take that you ruffians!"

Swindle tries to kick one of the felled bandits, but loses his balance and generally embarrasses himself.

"Woah...We...we did it. And not a moment too soon. How are you feeling, Master Dak?"

Guts pockets his gold, then walks over to the bandits, and checks if any of them are alive, he then digs with his shovel, while digging he says:

"The barbarian should get full health from his hardy nature, anyway. I suggest the ones that can, get some rest in bedrolls."

Ooc: My potion should be gone :classic:

Edited by Scubacarrot

OOC: I should regenerate 11 health back after the fight, as my Barbarian trait, also my Phoenix Essence should be removed from the list.

Smiling, Tarn gives the potion and 15 gold to Aberforth. "Here, take these, you have a true warrior spirit about you."

That leaves 50 gold, and Tarn then gives the remaining team members 10 gold each.

"Well fought, heroes. That was a tougher battle than we thought. I admit, I may have been a bit complacent, being back in my homelands. I will try harder to keep us all safe so that we can complete the quest ahead of us. We need to all be pulling together and working as a team. Speaking of which, it has been very remiss of me, I am carrying an artefact from my previous Quest that I cannot use, but perhaps Mr Swindle can."

Tarn rummages through his pack and pulls out a scroll. He hands the Scroll of Sealing Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making it unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. to Aberforth, along with a Tonic to replenish Ether.

OOC: I realised during the fight that there's absolutely no reason for me to be carrying these, I should have given them to our Mage right at the start. Apologies!

Edited by Rumble Strike

The boy looks around, everyone seems to be watching him, like they're expecting something.

"Alright, I need answers. Who the hell am I, and what the hell are we doing here? I can't remember anything since waking up and watching you kill that man!"

The boy points at the Brigand lying on the ground.

"I need answers. Did I know you before and lost my memory, or what!?"

The boy looks around, everyone seems to be watching him, like they're expecting something.

"Alright, I need answers. Who the hell am I, and what the hell are we doing here? I can't remember anything since waking up and watching you kill that man!"

Guts grinned, the boy was having another one of his mind-freak-outs, perhaps he could have some fun with it. Guts winked at Tarn, and started talking:

"Right kid, your name is Mickey, these beat up fellows here, are your bandit friends, you are their leader."

Guts points at himself, Knifk, Aberforth, Dek'ra and Tarn, and continues:

"We are from Heroica Hall, and were hired to catch you bandits, anything to say for yourself?"

Tarn looked at the empty Phoenix Essence vial with a puzzled frown. It appeared that the magical substance hadn't fully restored the Rogue. His faculties were obviously missing. They had made Dak into a halfwit!

Edited by Rumble Strike

IC: De'kra turned towards Guts and said, "Ignore mask person, he play and you head. Not good thing to enact." There was a hint of cold steel in De'kra's voice as he said the last statement, but nothing openly aggressive.

After a small pause De'kra said carefully, "You know group a little. Group hire by miners (people who dig for metals) to find out who steal metals. Group part of big organization intend to help good people prosper, though sometimes corrupt people manipulate organization to help corrupt people. Sometimes organization send groups to guard crops, sometimes to find vandals in schools. Sometimes people hire groups to fight in wars, but organization hopefully think about employers hard before help in war."

De'kra added after a time, "Organization known as Heroica, and it base in a port city ruled by six families. City not good place to live; thus Heroica center there as it need help most. You say you name Dak, but I only met you shortly before current mission. You had mention you come from village of Mopags, one I visit on earlier mission that went...wrong. Not you fault. Might you forget, Mopags have pink skin and large eyes, I think you part Mopag. Any of this sound right?"

As he says this De'kra keeps his weapons down and doesn't make any sudden movements. The other amnesic keeps a respectful distance, but he doesn't flinch if Dak approaches.

Edited by Tanma

"You call yourself a Rogue? What's next, we are going to help old women cross the road? We, sharing our gold? Leaving an oppertunity to cut a purse?"

Guts raises his hands in frustration and walks off, grumbling under his breath:

"Demon-spawn hell-bred shades... I need a drink."

The old man seemed resentful towards the others, but the boy, Dak, the shade had called him, could remember a feeling of resentment as well. Towards who, he could not tell, but still the memory was there. The shade's words rang truth with Dak, so he saw no reason to deny them.

"This Heroica. It doesn't happen to be situated in a large hall by any chance?"

The old man seemed resentful towards the others, but the boy, Dak, the shade had called him, could remember a feeling of resentment as well. Towards who, he could not tell, but still the memory was there. The shade's words rang truth with Dak, so he saw no reason to deny them.

From the other side of the room, Guts shouts:

"No, our base is in an underwater castle made of seashells, its magnificent."

From the other side of the room, Guts shouts:

"No, our base is in an underwater castle made of seashells, its magnificent."

IC: De'kra glanced at Guts and clicked, "I know what gold and dean man equal, but what poorses and heel? First one equal aquatic mammal right?"

Then he turned to Dak and remarked, "Depend on definition of hall, but one use of hall work. This language not I first tongue, thus I apologize might I not clear. Not from this land, makes me not understand all translations. But to move you to now, group was attack of three bandits, who not suppose to exist here. Group should probably search bandits for identification, might give clues."

OOC: poor short sighted Guts, if you want to manipulate someone, you must first gain their trust. You have to seem like you care about their problems and tell enough of the truth that they believe your stories. You have to help them, give them support and advice, all the while giving them more reason to trust you. Perhaps give them subtle hints to do your goals, but make sure thatthey think they thought of it. And then one day you will have them totally in your power.

But that isn't De'kra's plan. He also isn't intentionally messing with Guts, he honestly doesn't know those words, and honestly is trying to help Dak.

Swindle graciously accepts the items and gold Tarn gives him, stuffing them in his robes.

"Many thanks, Master Tarn. Now, then, what seems to be the problem here, Master Dak?"

Swindle gets up right in Dak's face, holding the torch close enough to be uncomfortable. He stares into Dak's eyes, creating some kind of mystical weirdness in the atmosphere of the cave.

"There are a number of small ways to get your memory back, Master Dak. The most likely would be to bring him back to a familiar place. Somewhere he knows so well he can walk around with his eyes closed. A friendly face he hasn't seen in a while might work too. The alternative..."

Swindle steps away, turning to the rest of the group.

"...would be for him to suffer a heavy blow to the head. That could just as easily make things worse, of course, so I'd say we must be very careful with Master Dak, until our mission is complete."

Swindle graciously accepts the items and gold Tarn gives him, stuffing them in his robes.

"Many thanks, Master Tarn. Now, then, what seems to be the problem here, Master Dak?"

Swindle gets up right in Dak's face, holding the torch close enough to be uncomfortable. He stares into Dak's eyes, creating some kind of mystical weirdness in the atmosphere of the cave.

"There are a number of small ways to get your memory back, Master Dak. The most likely would be to bring him back to a familiar place. Somewhere he knows so well he can walk around with his eyes closed. A friendly face he hasn't seen in a while might work too. The alternative..."

"...would be for him to suffer a heavy blow to the head. That could just as easily make things worse, of course, so I'd say we must be very careful with Master Dak, until our mission is complete."

"Knifk could smack him really good!" the Orc helpfully offered, lifting the flat side of his blade.

"Knifk could smack him really good!" the Orc helpfully offered, lifting the flat side of his blade.

"Whoa there, easy! I really don't need to get hit right now, my head hurts enough already."

Noticing a shovel hanging on his back, Dak shrugs, and digs.

IC: De'kra shook his head to the group and clicked, "Head pain no help might person forget it's memories, just give person head pain. I was beat up large amount on prior mission, and I still not know I name. Familiar situations might help, certain key words and scenarios have help I remember bits and pieces of I past, but it hard to find those situations. But it really Dak decision what enact. Though whatever you; Dak, decide group must still complete mission."

"I vote for the blow to the head, I cant see how it could make things worse, really."

"It could make me mad at you, and then things might be worse for you. :angry: "

Dak lifts his shovel menacingly in the direction of the older Rogue.

"It could make me mad at you, and then things might be worse for you. :angry: "

Dak lifts his shovel menacingly in the direction of the older Rogue.

Guts sighs, the kid was still hot-headed, perhaps thinking his amnesia might be a good thing was too much to ask for.

"Calm down, before you trip over and fall on my dagger." Guts points at Lifestealer, held inches from Dak's stomach.

"Now, if you can man up, I suggest we go on."

IC: De'kra sighed, and unleshed an enormous wave of high pitched chirps and clicks. By thirteen seconds in the "words" sounded more like whistles and gears turning around in a machine, a machine that appearantly didn't need to breathe. After a time De'kra stopped the annoying shrill shrieks and clicked, "New heros other than Dak appearantly suffer amnesia too, as new heroes forget new heroes and I on mission. Group no know what dangers down here, and group already use last Phoenix Essense. Might group fight among group, new heroes and I become weaker, might not exist strong enough to fight some dangers below. Group already attack by two groups of attackers now, others will come. Violence in group not answer."

OOC: Think car alarm, or cicadas.

Edited by Tanma

Tarn stepped between "Dak" and Guts.

"No-one is hitting anyone over the head. There are probably still hundreds of double-powered bad guys in this mine ready to do that for us!

Now, like Guts suggested a while back, I think we should all rest up for a while before we go on any further."

Guts digs around again only to find dirt, rocks and blood. The bandits have all expired, and nothing of value is found on their dead bodies. Tarn tries to give Swindle of Scroll of Sealing, but can't seem to find it (OOC - It's not listed in your inventory). After dividing the spoils, those with bedrolls bed down for the evening.

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 11 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 21 Health: 18/18 Gold: 50

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental, Hollow Blade (Mead equipped), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Lightning Bomb, Potion, Venom, Smelling salts, Grand Potion, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 9 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag

Power: 16 Health: 15/15 Gold: 124

Inventory: Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Thgir Blade (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 2 Potions, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 9 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 16 Health: 15/15 Gold: 133

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel

Knifk, Level 9 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power: 16 Health: 13/18 Gold: 75

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Potion

De'kra, Level 11 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 16 Health: 17/17 Gold: 88

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (3), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 3 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:5 Health: 7/7 Ether 4/7 Gold: 20

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Tonic, Potion, Amethyst Gemstone, Spell of Sleep, Musty Bedroll

Please check your new stats.

Edited by UsernameMDM

OOC: Sorry, it's actually a sleep one. I've listed it in my inventory as a Spell of Sleep in error (actually Pie's error in my previous Quest, just read up on it again!) but it's definitely a Scroll.

Enables casting the sleep-effect to the target, forcing it to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. Value: 50 gold

Tarn gives the Scroll of Sleep to Aberforth.

Edited by Rumble Strike