Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

Looks like Skipper hasn't been able to find you yet. Where are you, if you're online?

I'll be waiting near the fountains in the HUB area. I'm a level 12 wizard.

I'll be waiting near the fountains in the HUB area. I'm a level 12 wizard.

Are you in USWest?

I'm not sure how to change servers. Do I just refresh the page and choose a different server?

WHen you get to the main page, click the tab that says "servers" and change servers. :wink:

Welcome to the guild, Bricksandparts!

In other news, Build 121.4 hit testing. Some minor changes:

• Lots of backend stuff to improve performance/avoid lag
  • Potions now trigger heal effects, mp heal is also now visible
  • Hermit God difficultly increased
  • Modified Castle and Castle minions to make rushing more difficult
  • Bridges in Castle are longer
  • Dungeon portals now have unique looks
  • White Demon has new projectile graphic

Here's an example of the new dungeon portals:

ade.pngotp.png

The above is the portal to the Abyss of Demons on the left and the Ocean Trench portal on the right. I love this change, since now, this means that I don't have to risk going over to a portal in the middle of godlands to decide whether I want to try to enter it while being shot at. (for example, I know I can solo a UDL, but not an Abyss, so I won't bother trying to get to an Abyss portal)

wd_udle.png

Above you can see the portal to the Undead Lair and the new graphics for the White Demon shots. These all have the Armor Pierce effect. (as opposed to the current White Demon, which shoots a lone red star that inflicts Armor Pierce)

A couple of other changes being reported are that guild member icons have been changed around (Initiates now have no symbol, Members have the shield, Officers the dagger, and Leaders the silver crown) and that Djinns give XP. I don't really like the former (I like my gold crown), but I heartily support the latter. Makes Djinns worth hunting.

Update:

bDjdz.pngl5NYn.pngWe32z.png

From left to right: Snake Pit, Forbidden Jungle, and Spider Den portals.

When a new guild is created, the creator will now be the "Founder" who has the ability to demote/remove Leaders. If the Founder ever leaves the guild, there will be no new Founder.

Anyone got Stat pots? I have a lot of 1-2% fame items for trade or I would trade for Desolation/Vengeance Armour or a Ravesheart Sword.

Anyone got Stat pots? I have a lot of 1-2% fame items for trade or I would trade for Desolation/Vengeance Armour or a Ravesheart Sword.

I'll buy any 2% Skulls or Spells if you have them (Essence Tap and Destruction Sphere, respectively), though note that a 2% Fame Ability item is worth usually around 1 Spd; the equivalent of a DScale. (and maybe Deso, in the case of the spell) No 2% Ability item is worth Veng. I don't have any Rhearts, but I have a couple T9 Dsouls. (worth 1 Att)

Though if we're talking 2% weaponry items... (Dia, Emmy, Shadow, Archon, or FBow...)

On another note, my Necro died again. I was happily backing away from a pack of gods, shooting at them as I did...and I backed into a rock. While I tried to hit the Nexus button and go around the rock at the same time, about a dozen gods raced right up to me and shotgunned me in the face. :wall: So, I'm back to Sorceror for now, but if any of you has a Necrotic Arcana, Magus, Essence Tap, or Para HP for sale, I'll gladly buy it. (1.5 Def for Necrotic, 2 Def for Magus, 1 Spd for Essence Tap, 1 Def for Para HP)

Sorry no Skulls or Spells except for the Nova thingo. I will also trade 2 GShields and a Red Agent if anyone has Pots.

Just to clarify, that's a T2 Fire Nova spell, not a T5 MNova, right? Anyways, I have more GShields than I know what to do with, and I already got to 150 Fame with Rogue before, so I don't need either. Sorry.

And my Sorceror also gave me an Essence Tap on my first Level 20 trip to godlands with him, so I don't need that anymore.

So wait, this is free to play, but some things cost money? Just wanna be sure before I get too involved.

Also, do you have to use a different email account everytime you make a "mule", or will the same email always work?

So wait, this is free to play, but some things cost money? Just wanna be sure before I get too involved.

Also, do you have to use a different email account everytime you make a "mule", or will the same email always work?

It is free to play, and the game has been designed so that money can't give you that big of an advantage. Basically, money can buy:

• Clothing dye. For looks only. Changes the color of your character. These changes are lost if you die.
  • Pets. Also for looks only. Adds a little animal that follows you around. These changes are not lost if you die, provided you store the pet generator in your Vault.
  • Effusions. These provide a temporary boost in a stat or let you carry multiple Health or Mana Potions in less space. They really aren't useful if you're not a hardcore player organizing private runs through the most difficult dungeon. (Oryx's Wine Cellar)
  • Extra Vault Chests. These give you eight more spots to store things in your Vault. Not much use if you don't have a lot of loot, and you can always make a mule.
  • Extra Character Slots. Hardcore players use these to safely max the stats of more than one character at a time.
  • Changing your name. You won't need to do that if you choose carefully.

And you do have to create a new e-mail for every mule.

I have a golden Wisdom and/or Strength ring if anyone needs them. :classic:

EDIT: Now I only have the Wisdom ring if anyone needs it. :classic:

Edited by K-nut

I got a Destruction Sphere!!!!! And I picked up a dex pot. :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Nice. Did the Dex Pot drop for you? They only drop in Sprite World, and I can never figure that dungeon out. (as compared to the more difficult UDL, which I can pretty easily solo with my usual Necromancer)

I was sorting all the my items by dropping them in bags in the guild hall for my mules to pick up, but for some reason halfway through they all disappeared. So I just lost 3 Horror Staffs, 2 Gold Bows, 2 Illusionist Robes, and 1 Drake Hide, among other things. :facepalm: Good thing I hadn't dropped my VBow yet. :sarcasm:

I'll be on at my regular time, ~ 10 EST Bed early today, it's been a long week.

Edited by Skipper

Ouch. Bags have a time limit on the ground before they disappear. It's why I pick them up ASAP when I do that, and I also trade my mules whenever possible.

Also, an update from testing:

coraljuicenew.png

Coral Juice. I like. A balanced potion, perfect for someone who loves Necros. Too bad it's going to be found in a higher level dungeon.

Also, Pollen Powder is now a group 100 MP restore, instead of a weaker version of Snake Oil. (group 100 HP restore) I like. Good for dungeon runs when Priests run out of MP.

...and I had my first true lag death today. Was running a UDL with a couple other players, and Septavious hit me with the little brown dot attack. I had only moderate lag, but it was enough for me to miss the cloud of brown dots headed my way. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have gone into a UDL while Fame Farming. :wall: It was only a loss of about four Speed (and the 75+ Fame), but now I've exhausted my store of T8 Daggers and need to decide if I want to bother buying more. The only other class I haven't gotten to 150 Fame is Warrior, and I hate sword classes.

Tried my hand at being an archer today and got Gbow and Magesteel in a Abyss run. Got to Level 20 and have a Sup HP, only letdown is my armour is only Chimera. Nearly soloed Sprite World but Limon took out the priest who was healing me.

Nearly soloed Sprite World but Limon took out the priest who was healing me.

Soloing a dungeon is when you complete it without any help from anyone else at any point. :wink:

Also, Red Star is mine! :sweet:

Do Drake eggs actually do anything?

See here. :classic:

I really need to learn to pay attention when I fight. I went into a UDL giving it half my attention, lagged, and died by vampires. Grunts that I usually kill in half a second, too. :hmpf_bad:

RIP. :sadnew:

The other player in there got really fed up with me just running in circles and shooting my MP power around your grave. :laugh: On the other hand, just 15 more fame until I can suicide!