Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

Lost my Level 20 Knight on 41 fame. The thing I'm most pissed of about is that he had a Snake Skin Shield on.

Snake Skin actually isn't that hard to find. I get one in about every fifth Snake Pit I go through. I can give you one.

I got a golden shield in case you need it until you got a snakeskin shield.

GShields are better than Snakeskin. They're worth 1 Speed if you can find a buyer. (unless you've got a playing style that favors speed and offense - but then you'd be better off as a Dagger class than as a Sword class)

GShields are better than Snakeskin. They're worth 1 Speed if you can find a buyer.

Oh, thanks for the hint :) But he may have it if he wants it.

But I wonder if I should change the colour of my clothes to Fuchsia. What do you think?

But I wonder if I should change the colour of my clothes to Fuchsia. What do you think?

Are you actually buying Realm Gold for that?

In any case, if you think it looks better... I personally think the purple looks just fine, though a black Necro would look pretty good, too.

Are you actually buying Realm Gold for that?

In any case, if you think it looks better... I personally think the purple looks just fine, though a black Necro would look pretty good, too.

Fuchsia is pink :)

No, I don't; I buy it from the 100 I got at the start.

Fuchsia is pink :)

I know. I like the default purple better. :laugh:

Maybe it's just because purple matches the robe I'm wearing.

If anyone has some room in one of their chests, could somebody take a few of my valuable items before my wizard dies?

If anyone has some room in one of their chests, could somebody take a few of my valuable items before my wizard dies?

I have 4 mules though I never see you.

You can always use Skipper's public mule. Details on his About Me page.

Also, I'm pretty much convinced that Necro is the one class I can consistently play well, so I'm going to start clearing out my mules of all the other equipment I have for other classes (a few GBows, various Para Rings, a couple Desolations, an Archon or two, etc.) to make room for the increasing quantities of pots I'm storing. I'll try to post a list by the end of the week, for those interested in buying some stuff.

I tried to go in a spider den with Brickadeer but neither of us could get in. It was really maddening as I've never gotten anything from inside one. :sing:

I tried to go in a spider den with Brickadeer but neither of us could get in. It was really maddening as I've never gotten anything from inside one. :sing:

I soloed the snake pit today for the first time. Three times, got three speed pots, but no good items :/

How couldn't you get in? Was there just too much lag? There isn't really much good stuff inside Spider Dens. Healing Ichor is useful, but other than that, the best loot you're going to get is a Spider's Eye Ring. The other untiered item, the Poison Fang Dagger, isn't worth much. Mostly, Spider Dens are good for learning how to solo other dungeons.

I soloed the snake pit today for the first time. Three times, got three speed pots, but no good items :/

Congrats. Snake Pits are probably my favorite dungeons. A Speed Pot is really all you can expect, though. I've done the Snake Pit well over fifty times and only gotten three pieces of T9 loot and one T8.

How couldn't you get in? Was there just too much lag?

We clicked on the entrance, but the game only loaded. After a while, I got a "Load Error". I disconnected and could not reconnect to the game, it always resulted in a "Load Error". So I had to delete all my cookies etc., and then it worked.

The Undead dungeon seems to be much more dangerous, btw.

Edited by Brickadeer

I'll be on from 7:00 PM Eastern Time to about 9:00 tonight if anyone wants to meet up. :sweet:

How couldn't you get in? Was there just too much lag? There isn't really much good stuff inside Spider Dens. Healing Ichor is useful, but other than that, the best loot you're going to get is a Spider's Eye Ring. The other untiered item, the Poison Fang Dagger, isn't worth much. Mostly, Spider Dens are good for learning how to solo other dungeons.

It just kept loading and I had to refresh the page.

We clicked on the entrance, but the game only loaded. After a while, I got a "Load Error". I disconnected and could not reconnect to the game, it always resulted in a "Load Error". So I had to delete all my cookies etc., and then it worked.

Odd. Is this the same error you get, cralegoboy?

I'll be on around that time, Masked, provided the lag isn't too bad.

I hate the Spider Den, its like a gunfight against an army. I finished the Undead Lair with others though and through to Oryx's castle but didn't have the wine cellar unlock.

Edited by VolcanicPanik

I hate the Spider Den, its like a gunfight against an army. I finished the Undead Lair with others though and through to Oryx's castle but didn't have the wine cellar unlock.

It does take some time to get used to fighting hordes that you can't dodge. Sword and Dagger classes need to use hit-and-run tactics, relying on armor and speed, respectively, to protect themselves. Long range classes can just back away while firing. Easiest classes to play the Spider Den with are Necro, Wizzy, and Archer with triple-shot bow. I keep a T3 skull for my Necro to swap with my T4 whenever I want to play a Spider Den to get Ichor - the skull can wipe out entire rooms of spiders with a couple well-placed hits.

Skilled Mystics could probably also use the orb to put some spiders in stasis while they wipe out the rest with their staves, but I've never tried it.

Apologies for the double post.

For those of you interested in upcoming stuff, Build 121.3 just went live in the Testing servers with some new untiered items:

14av5vq.png

The 5% Fame Bonus is big; this is basically T12 leather with slightly lower Dex and Def in exchange for Spd. Useful for Rogues, I suppose, but I'd rather take the extra Def. (assuming I can afford Hydra, of course)

sb5280.png

The Robe has no Def bonus, so I don't think it'll be very useful. Its graphic looks awesome, though.

The Skull has a high MP cost and low Damage, but it has a very wide radius. I'm hoping those are easy to get, because I want one to swap out with my Essence Tap for use when fighting off large hordes of enemies.

The Staff is around T6-T7 strength, with a higher Fame Bonus and a slightly longer range. Staff classes are already safely out of range of most enemies with other staves, though, so I don't think this one will be that big of an upgrade.

The Ring is, like the Spider's Eye and Snake's Eye Ring, a dungeon-exclusive ring that provides small bonuses to two different stats. Dex and Wis aren't that important, though. Given the choice, I'd stick with my Para HP.

Pollen Powder is basically slightly weaker Snake Oil. Only time will tell if it's easy enough to get to be worth carrying around.

Video of the Forbidden Jungle Dungeon

. Looks like the Hallucinating effect (as granted by Magic Mushrooms) won't be too hard to get.

Is there a way to get onto a test server??

Here, but you need to make a separate account there, and your progress doesn't transfer over to the public server.

:facepalm: I don't think I'm ever going to make it to 800 Fame with an Archer. Went in for a quick spin and died from lag. I'm switching back to Necro.

My freebies post has been updated. There's less stuff now, I have to be more selective with pots taking up so much space.

My incredible Necromancer Hasenklein died today, shortly after having maxed out Speed.

He ran into a bunch of monsters that were chasing a guy who ran straightly into the opposite direction than Hasenklein did. I hit the RETURN TO NEXUS! NOW!-button, but it was too late. Poor Hasenklein ran already out of HP.

I think I need a break from this game.

Lesson No. #1:

If you running the gods make sure the area you are playing in is basically free from others.

Edited by Brickadeer

My incredible Necromancer Hasenklein died today, shortly after having maxed out Speed.

He ran into a bunch of monsters that were chasing a guy who ran straightly into the opposite direction than Hasenklein did. I hit the RETURN TO NEXUS! NOW!-button, but it was too late. Poor Hasenklein ran already out of HP.

I think I need a break from this game.

Lesson No. #1:

If you running the gods make sure the area you are playing in is basically free from others.

RIP. :cry_sad: He had a good run. Did you break 800 Fame?

Do you have any pots at all left to buy new equips?