Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

E-mail poll from Lego

I just checked my mail, and noticed an e-mail I got from Lego awhile ago asking for my input in a poll on a series of ideas which had to be answered by October second (yikes!)

I'm filling it out now, and thankfully it's still letting me.

The first thing I noticed is a series of questions asking about LEGO partnering up with other companies to offer things such as electronics, clothing, accessories, furniture, food, etc.

Then I see:

If you could design your own LEGO gifts and novelties, what would you want? Feel free to be creative and as specific as possible!

I can add my own suggestions too. They include for me:

Coloured transparent bricks

Magnetic figures to put on magnetic boards or just in th e freezer.

Calendars

Old style space lego (no more star wars)

Small partitions that could be collected and combined to form a larger set, ie small scenes of the Death Star that combine to make one large playset

soft baseplates, that roll up for storage, and don't damage mini-figures' feet

star wars minifigure sets

custom pieces, especially minifig equipment. If some guy working from his house can sell awsome looking star wars blasters on ebay, why can't lego make better ones for less money and sell them to me? ( :-D Way-to-go little armory!)

learning sets that demonstrate properties of physics or mathematical relationships.

Pirates of the Caribbean or just pirate stuff. Bigger lunchboxes with flask (Oh Mr. Phes..)

VERY interesting.

Here is what was listed in order of popularity:

1 Christmas ornaments/decorations score: 733.00

2 Packages of lego mini figures only score: 93.00

3 Storage boxes that are designed to hold varies pieces that are used in all building designs. This way kids have certain pieces at their finger tips w/out having to dig into a large box/container. score: 91.00

4 More video games like Lego Star Wars. score: 75.00

5 mini figures very good especially more starwars and theme characters score: 58.00

6 Star Wars I & II minifig collection set. score: 58.00

7 I think it would be massively popular with both existing LEGO fanatics and the casual LEGO buyer if you sold a lot more minifig theme packs, just like the "30 townsfolk minifigs". e.g. 30 Star-Wars or Knight Kingdom minifigs with equipment score: 38.00

8 star wars, batman etc separately sold figures score: 36.00

9 "Classic" or older out of production made sets score: 34.00

10 Bigger range of keychains/magnets etc, especially Star Wars charaters. Would love to see more of Boba Fett!!

If you could design your own LEGO videogames or software, what would you want? Feel free to be creative and as specific as possible!

Lego Real Time Strategy game (you build units / buildings out of Lego) [brickwars :-D ]

LEGO CITY Online Game/community or SIM LEGO - high quality SIM city type game. [interesting...]

An improved LEGO Digital Designer with bricksets for all the different themes and categories. [Yay!]

More games that play on the traditional elements of Lego Brand [Lego being traditional again? :'-) ]

The star wars lego games are great - how about an action hero like batman or spiderman! [No 8-| ]

Other movie themes (like Star Wars). [No :-( ]

themed games - star wars, spongebob, pirates of carribean etc

Role Play PC Games [Nice *sweet* ]

Star Wars video games for the PC

Lego racing games where you build your model and then race them - like Gran Turismo [VERY interesting idea]

Overall, some very interesting ideas and concepts, no?

I took the quiz here

Where do you think this is going to lead TLG? It's obvious that they really listened to AFOLs more than ever! But the idea of them partnering up with another company doesn't sit well with me for some reason...

Huh, I vaguely remember filling out a similar (The same?) poll a while ago. I can't quite remember what I wrote in, though.

I'm very surprised that Lego christmas ornaments are scoring in the 700's, whereas the next highest scoring item, the packaged minifigs, are only scoring in the 90's. How is this scale being worked out?

I can't believe that old school, old of production sets scored so low as well.

I got mine in German last week, so I gave it a miss. Sounds interesting if they plan to do more computer/console games. Better get mine finished asap :)

I can't believe that old school, old of production sets scored so low as well.

You have to realise that AFOLs are only a small percentage of lego's fanbase. 99% or so are all kids.

but I guess we spend a bit more on average per person, and we seems to have a habbit of buying multiples of the same set. I mean, how many classic 'classic castle' sets would each of us buy now given the chance :)