Hi guys,

From what we know about this top secret set, does anyone know roughly how many peices this set would come with? It looks to be a similar size to 8285 and 8258 but then again, it could have different wheels, but I highly doubt that. Are the dimensions of the model known yet at all, would be good so I can start to build more shelves since I've ran out of room since getting the 8110 Unimog.

Cheers in advance, Robert M

There are quite a lot of images floating around the net of this one, including several on this TechnicBRICKs post. It doesn't have the part count, but I recall reading somewhere in the 1h 2012 thread that it will have 1308 pieces.

From SeTechnic forum:

"Pour rappel, le camion #9397 possède 1308 pièces pour un MSRP de 120€.

Le set dit "flagship" est difficile à déterminer dans ce contexte. Pour ma part, je penche plutôt pour le 9397, justement. :)"

link:

http://www.setechnic.com/Forum/topic5598-30.html

My 9397 Replica :-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=487154

Man I can't wait for this model. I have already got plans to put a big trailer on it. Does anyone know if this will be any bigger that the 8285 tow truck?. Looks like a similar style of truck.

Edited by technicfan

Having missed the infamous 8285 set, I too are looking forward to this set.

@TechnicJuan : In the shop I get most of my stuff, it's listed with a release date of 2 march. Those dates seem to be at the save side most of the time though, cause most sets become available a couple of weeks before the listed date (at the same shop).

Glad I got 3 of the 8285 sets when they were first out...incredible main model, 'B' model tractor-trailer is good, but could do without with crane, have landing gear or be more excessible with the coupling between the fifth wheel pneumatic raise/lower instead of two axles you have to pull out, then the trailer just rests on the floor. I'm not great at MOD's, but I installed landing gear via 2 4x2" liftarms and a 10 or 12 length axle(can't recall which), and removed the crane(that was a lot of fun), then added some 8x16" smooth plates with holes in the bottom that attach to perpendicular axlehole/pinhole attached in to the frame at staggered intervals to attach the smooth plates...looks a bit better this way. Now I can use it for both a flatbed trailer using the landing gear for loading pallets of supplies using a Bruder Telehandler or Front End Loader with forks, or use the ramps to roll off wheeled/tracked equipment.

On topic I too am eagerly awaiting the 9397 Logging Truck... :laugh:

Having missed the infamous 8285 set, I too are looking forward to this set.

@TechnicJuan : In the shop I get most of my stuff, it's listed with a release date of 2 march. Those dates seem to be at the save side most of the time though, cause most sets become available a couple of weeks before the listed date (at the same shop).

BTW - Just my opinion Lego should produce a Forked Telehandler that is medium size scale, not huge like the 8295, but not too small as the tiny Telehandler (think the part # is 8045)...and it should be pneumatic rather than the subpar 8295 which if you crank the boom by hand kills your hands in after about 15 lifts, and the M-motor and even the XL-motor didn't do much, the boom was simply too heavy, large and heavily geared for either motor to really handle it much less too wide, looks great from the sideview, but from the front, it looks garishly wide.