Sign in to follow this  
jmacias

Pick a Brick in Shop@Home confirmed

What are those little puffs of smoke above "effect bricks"?

Paint, chrome?

no that's just for the art or for the model on your pc. it refers to the classic steam engine i guess

I find it interesting that so many people are getting excited over this new PAB compared to Digital Designer when this has exactly the same bricks and prices (and probably the same staff bagging them for you).

Any bricks you want to order from the online PAB you could have been ordering months ago via LDD. (indeed, I have been) So why the sudden interest now?

Perhaps TLC's marketing of LDD was not good?

No, it was more the hassel of trying to make 50 minifigs and a 100 fence pieces look like a genuine building :) Plus the Factory models always seemed to come out so very expensive compared to normal sets.

No, it was more the hassel of trying to make 50 minifigs and a 100 fence pieces look like a genuine building :) Plus the Factory models always seemed to come out so very expensive compared to normal sets.

yep, next to the point that you now don't have to be bothered with box designs, you just order what you want, end of story

I placed an order yesterday that included some PaB. Everything shipped except the PaB, it says they're back-ordered. Either, shipment is delayed for product launch or it really took off on the first day. If that's the case hopefully they'll offer a wider range of parts soon!

I did some research. I put some parts in LDD and checked the price, which came up as $6.41 (USD) and then put the same parts in PAB and it came up as $6.07 (USD)

Good research! I guess it makes sense since the factory needs to print up a picture of the model and a box, as opposed to just the bags of the PaB

what about postage - shipping? where do they gather the parts and send the lot to you?

in the end, i guess, it's just another option for us to get parts. it's now up to the fan to find the best deal...

Now If only there was a way to take an LDD model, and convert it to a PAB order.

I like LDD but I really have no use for the custom boxes...

what about postage - shipping?

I'm not sure. The PAB order I placed was with other sets so it was the flat $6.95(USD). The PAB portion is shipping separately and is listed as backordered, but like factory there is an * that says may take an additional 5-7 days...or something like that.

where do they gather the parts and send the lot to you?

Um...in a box?

in the end, i guess, it's just another option for us to get parts. it's now up to the fan to find the best deal...

Hasn't it always been... ;-)

Um...in a box?

i meant the geographic area... i mean, if production takes place outside of the EU and US than who's paying for the import taxes? ;-) and does it go to your national Lego HQ first so you would only have to pay your national postage, or does it come from where ever they're producing the parts?

i meant the geographic area... i mean, if production takes place outside of the EU and US than who's paying for the import taxes? ;-) and does it go to your national Lego HQ first so you would only have to pay your national postage, or does it come from where ever they're producing the parts?

Oh, right! I have no idea. I assumed that little elves put the order together in magic mushroom houses and then had magical owls fly them to my house. I don't know what an EU or an HQ is, but they sound a little far-fetched to me...

;-) ;-) ;-)

This is a joke, I know what the EU is...and an HQ

Oh, right! I have no idea. I assumed that little elves put the order together

Not to get off topic (even though I kinda am ;-)) but I have a Christmas decoration where they do just that :-P Someone remind me to take pictures around Christmas!

Update: I ordered my Pick a Brick order on the 5th of October and it shipped today, the 12th. So, when it say there may be a 5-7 day delay, they mean it.