Sign in to follow this  
basbase

Let's Build Together!

Hey guys,

I have an idea that some of you may like. It is about sharing our lego creations with eachother by streaming it with a webcam. If several people stream their creations while they are building them, we could create our own Lego reality tv :sweet: We would be able to witness how the best MOC's are made. Also live commentary by both the builder and the audience would be possible.

I have put up a simple webpage to test this. I will be streaming my MLCad screen while I am working on my car design. You can see it here: http://brickcam.net. My upload speed is not very good so the framerate might be a bit low. If you'd like to join me, you should do the following:

1. Get an account on http://justin.tv. It's free, quick and easy.

2. Start streaming your webcam or screen.

3. Post your Justin.tv username in this thread, so I can add your stream to the webpage.

You can chat with me if you have a Justin.tv account by clicking on the link below the stream. If people like this and we get some broadcasters I will make the website fancier.

Let's Build Together!

logo.png

(I have posted this on the technic forum because it is the only forum I read and because my creation is technic)

Well i spent most of the evening with base build,and it was good fun,i don't know this idea could be rolled out across eurobricks? but it is a fun way of spending the evening.:classic:

It sure was fun and nice to get comments on me struggling with MLCad :laugh:. The recordings of last night's session can be found here. It may be a bit hard to follow the conversation, since only my voice is recorded and the chatlog is not (plus I'm a noob at live commentaries :wacko:).

For a first testrun, it did work as intended. We got some interaction going, which is nice because I'm usually building all alone. I'm also quite happy with the video quality and framerate. I'll be doing some more broadcasting right now :classic:

Are you still recording building your moc, or starting on another one?

It seemed quite a good idea at the time,but i have missed all recent activity and wondered if you plan on broadcasting any thing else?

I haven't done a lot of broadcasting, but I'm almost done with the design. I plan on broadcasting again tomorrow afternoon. I will be building a prototype of the frame with real bricks. When it's done, I'll test it with the RC buggy motors to see if the thing will move properly. Meanwhile here are some renders of the current design (which still needs some finishing touches and additional functions):

legardo_alpha_front.png

legardo_alpha_rear.png

That was a good broadcasting session, thankyou.

If any of you are so technically inclined to broadcast a build/design session then it's really good. Basbase had me and alasdairryan watching and all talking to each other through skype (which is free). This could have a few benefits like helping each other with problems we are having whist building and it's also nice to finally hear the voices of those you talk to here on eurobricks. Hope it catches on. :classic:

I have rented a teamspeak server :classic: . Basically it's a voice (and text) chatroom that you can join with a free client. You can download the teamspeak 3 client from here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Then send me a pm (or ask in this topic) and i'll supply you with the login details. This will make it easier to talk with eachother because you don't have to add people to your skype. Right now up to 10 people can join at the same time, so come by and say hello :laugh: .

I will also try to make some progress with my frame on justin.tv:

http://justin.tv/basbase

Edited by basbase

Tonight there will be another broadcasting session. I plan to start at 19:30 (UTC+1). The topic will be further construction of the car frame, or anything else that comes up in the chat.

I have figured out how to add the teamspeak conversation to the stream, so everyone can follow the conversation. Again, if you want to join the chat, I will be happy to provide you the details for the teamspeak server.

I will hope to join you but i can't use the microphone.:grin:

Haha any reason?

I might not be able to join because i have so much homework, but i will try!

tim

Tonight another broadcast starting around 20:30 (UTC+1). Warning: may contain shocking images for lego purists :devil:.

Tonight another broadcast starting around 20:30 (UTC+1). Warning: may contain shocking images for lego purists :devil:.

Cool i will try to join. What time is that for east coast US?

tim