commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Sorry if there's an answer to my question somewhere on this thread. My family bought every Harry Potter set last year. The only thing we're missing is Diagon Alley. I've read here that Harry Potter has sold really well. With that being said, why is Lego not capitalizing on this popularity and releasing more sets?

Edited by j30spiff

Sorry if there's an answer to my question somewhere on this thread. My family bought every Harry Potter set last year. The only thing we're missing is Diagon Alley. I've read here that Harry Potter has sold really well. With that being said, why is Lego not capitalizing on this popularity and releasing more sets?

As I understand it, not all of last years sets sold that well. That and HP themed sets have had, in previous years, a hard time selling well. Which is why GoF only got four sets, OotP only got the one, and HBP didn't get any. I personally think we're lucky to be getting these three. Plus, they'll be releasing another game at some point, so they could be saving some set ideas to release in tandem with that.

I really hope a lot more sets are released in the future. The only good thing about only getting 3 new sets later this year is it'll be easier on my wallet. It really looks like I'm going to be spending a lot on some of the other themes.

The interior of the B of H looks great, it would be nice if the philosophers stone is behind the mirror of erised, I'm glad there is a classroom/office and a bedroom as there weren't those rooms in the fourth hogwarts. The bridge action looks alright but I think it would have been fine if left alone. Does anyone else think it's unfinished? I mean the crystal ball room looks really lacking and as maximumlego suggested it would be really cool to have Rowena Ravenclaw's statue in the room with paintings, also the bottoms of each tower could do with a skeleton perhaps, like a dungeon, and a Chamber of secrets reference would not go amiss. But even if it is finished i will get it, it would be fun to spice up the rooms myself!

By the way thanks for the pictures everyone!

Oh! I reckon it would be cool if the empty room had a trapdoor into a dungeon, mind you, that would be difficult what with the octagonal bases. I'm sure lego could do it though.

Oh! I reckon it would be cool if the empty room had a trapdoor into a dungeon, mind you, that would be difficult what with the octagonal bases. I'm sure lego could do it though.

That would be awsome! And in that dungeon a killed version of the basilisk, almost rotten away :p.

But does someone know if there is a Nagini in this set or is it that stupid little snake..?

That would be awsome! And in that dungeon a killed version of the basilisk, almost rotten away :p.

But does someone know if there is a Nagini in this set or is it that stupid little snake..?

I doubt we will get any more than that on the Nagini front, it's basically a worm! The rest of the set compensates though.

After seeing the interior shots, I think these rooms were just leftover ideas from the 4th Hogwarts set.

I am really hoping that they add more to these rooms, there is nothing at the bottom, just a skull :sceptic:

Still going to get it either way

Does anyone think Lupin looks more like Sirius?

Does anyone think Lupin looks more like Sirius?

I don't know. He sort of looks like Sirius, but the facial hair color is wrong of course. I'm not sure how much he looks like Lupin either… Maybe Lupin will have more facial hair in part II?

I'm curious about that, too. Lego could be trying to drag out the theme as long as possible. They wouldn't want to use all of their ideas for sets so quickly. That said, there are plenty of good sets I could see Lego making for Harry Potter in the future, like a Grimmauld Place with several Order members. I don't think Lego HP will die out for a while. Many people thought it was done when the 3rd Hogwarts came out, and we've had 10 sets since then! :laugh:

If Lego were to make more sets what would you want them to be and who would you want in them? I would love a Kingsley Shacklebolt, a Slughorn and a Tonks. As for places, a shell cottage and a Ministry of Magic would be awesome! What about you folks?

If those really are Gryffindor beds, I'm changing them the Ravenclaw. Luna needs somewhere to sleep and I already have Gryffindor dorms from the 2nd castle remake. It doesn't even make sense why they'd be Gryffindor, their common room is in a completely different part of the castle. Unless they got the color wrong. I also kind of hope they change the mirror of erised so it has a bigger mirror part because I couldn't tell that it was that at all. And maybe the empty Trewlaney classroom and possibly small reference to chamber of secrets is foreshadowing? I mean they've already done it twice, they made one vanishing cabinet (Hogwarts) so they had the make the sister and they made a floo powder fireplace (burrow) which they made a double of in Diagon Alley so that the characters could actually go somewhere. Maybe the classroom is included so that in future sets we have to buy the one that has remake Trewlaney and we have to buy this one so that we can have both her and the room. It makes sense from a business stand point. So that they can make people want or need to buy both of the sets. I feel like they kind of did that here, that in the 3rd remake of Hogwarts they put the greenhouses in but excluded Sprout just so that they could include her later, but never got around to it. And the small dungeon could foreshadow them remaking the chamber of secrets. I also wonder if they're going to put something in that seemingly empty room? maybe Ror? Or that room could be the entrance to the chamber of secrets they might make? But then we'd need sinks and such so probably not. Then again Ron and Hermione do go there so who knows, they could re-do it. And if they do remake it, I think it'd be really cool if they made a transparent minifig of myrtle to go along with the bathroom.

I like the sets and I hope they will come out in Germany, the last ones didn't, I only found them in one shop :(

I love the Forbidden Forest set, I'll buy it :) and I hope it's Narcissa

I live in Germany as well, in NRW and all HP sets were avavible in every shop around here, exept for Diagon ally but that was still avavible in Lego Shops in Oberhausen and Köln..

If Lego were to make more sets what would you want them to be and who would you want in them? I would love a Kingsley Shacklebolt, a Slughorn and a Tonks. As for places, a shell cottage and a Ministry of Magic would be awesome! What about you folks?

Those are two good ideas. For me, like I mentioned earlier, a 12 Grimmauld Place would be amazing. It would be open-faced on the back, and it would have the kitchen, a bedroom or two, an entryway, the drawing room, and Kreacher's bedroom. Of course, it would include Kingsley, McGonagall, Sirius, Lupin, Snape and Kreacher. Other possibilities would be the trio, Fred and George, Dumbledore, Buckbeak, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Moody, and Tonks. Also, I would like it to be a large, $100ish set.

Edited by cs38135

I would like from every movie 1 new set :p.

PS : the route to Quirrel (with Fuffly, Devil Snare, Chessboard etc.) Minifigs: Harry, Ron, Hermione and Quirrel.

CoS : the Chamber of Secrets ofcourse (with the teacher of 2nd year which I forgot his name) Minifigs: Harry, Ron, Ginny, the teacher and Voldemort.

PoA : the final battle against the Dementors. Minifigs: Harry, Sirius, Buckbeack, 3 Dementors and maybe Harry's patronus.

GoF : the 3 tasks (Hungarian Horntail, Nerepeople, Maze) Minifigs: Harry, Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory.

OotP : the battle were Sirius died. Minifigs: Harry, Sirius, Lucius, Bellatrix.

HbP : cave with Inferi. Minifigs: Harry, Dumbledore and 3 Inferi.

DH : RoR battle. Minifigs: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle

I would to to see 1 of these come true :D

I just want as many sets as possible :P mostly parts of Hogwarts for my Building-your-own-Hogwarts project and a looot of characters. and Slughorn and Gilderoy of course. But there is a seperate topic for this, we should concentrate on the new sets now :P

PS : the route to Quirrel (with Fuffly, Devil Snare, Chessboard etc.) Minifigs: Harry, Ron, Hermione and Quirrel.

CoS : the Chamber of Secrets ofcourse (with the teacher of 2nd year which I forgot his name) Minifigs: Harry, Ron, Ginny, the teacher and Voldemort.

PoA : the final battle against the Dementors. Minifigs: Harry, Sirius, Buckbeack, 3 Dementors and maybe Harry's patronus.

GoF : the 3 tasks (Hungarian Horntail, Nerepeople, Maze) Minifigs: Harry, Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory.

Well because they make the hp legos from the movie standpoint, they'd make the Ror battle with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Goyle, and Blaise Zabini instead of Crabbe because Blaise replaces him in the movie:/ But I really wish they wouldn't because they are a duo and I think they should be kept together.

How could you forget Lockharts name?! I mean he is the five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award!!! is there anything more important?

Ahem!

Skip the wishlist stuff and discuss the sets which is what this thread is all about as there is already a thread or two for wishlists :wink:

That there is. On the subject of the Battle, what are your "wishes" :wink: for what could be included in the interior if the set were incomplete? First, I would suggest there would be a complete skeleton in one of the bottom sections.

to be honest, i find that rather stupid. why should there be a rotten corpse in the dungeon? Hogwarts was nearly closed with Myrthes Death and Diggorys Death was a scandal too, i doubt that they are storing old corpses in the basement. And most spells like Avada Kedavra leave the Body anharmed and even Sectum Sepmra "just" cuts people open.

I'm quite a nerd i just noticed :D

Alright, I totally hope for cool text on that blackbord and that they Change the Beds to Ravenclaw colours. And i hope that they change the Trelawny room to something cooler, cause this room is kinda poor compared to the nice Portraits and the Awesome Astronomy Tower. god i Love this Tower. Want it. Want it SO bad!

I just noticed i would find it much cooler if they change the "rockbasement" to a third floor, like the simular Tower of last years Hogwarts.

Edited by Kyp

to be honest, i find that rather stupid. why should there be a rotten corpse in the dungeon? Hogwarts was nearly closed with Myrthes Death and Diggorys Death was a scandal too, i doubt that they are storing old corpses in the basement. And most spells like Avada Kedavra leave the Body anharmed and even Sectum Sepmra "just" cuts people open.

I'm quite a nerd i just noticed :D

Rather stupid? The bottom level would represent the Chamber of Secrets, where there are many corpses. Besides, the Killing curse would indeed result in a skeleton after the body decomposes. If you read the seventh book, you know Harry thinks "his parents would surely be bone or dust by now." His parents were killed by Avada Kedavra.

I'm quite a nerd, too. :grin:

Rather stupid? The bottom level would represent the Chamber of Secrets, where there are many corpses. Besides, the Killing curse would indeed result in a skeleton after the body decomposes. If you read the seventh book, you know Harry thinks "his parents would surely be bone or dust by now." His parents were killed by Avada Kedavra.

I'm quite a nerd, too. :grin:

yeah i was refering to Killing curses used during the battle, i doubt that there where people using this ages ago in the dungeons, without anyone noticing. and although you are right about the Chamber wich i totally forgot, as far as i know knowone ever died down there, leaving a skeleton :P

yeah i was refering to Killing curses used during the battle, i doubt that there where people using this ages ago in the dungeons, without anyone noticing. and although you are right about the Chamber wich i totally forgot, as far as i know knowone ever died down there, leaving a skeleton :P

I could go check my copy of CoS now, to be honest, but I think it said there were skeletons and bones down there. They could belong to really old students.