Sign in to follow this  
rupi

good small sets

Hi

I just wanted to share my thoughts about the good small sets TLC has this days.

I bought today 2 Exo-force sets (the cheapest ones: uplink and sentry) and I have to say, although I am not a fan of Exo-Force I liked them a lot. I mean for this price Lego is really giving a good product.

A few months ago I was also surprised with the design and quality of the Tiny Turbo sets. For the price I think they are excelent, just the box is worth half that price (unlike the most expensive sets boxes witch are very pooor)

I also bought the cheapest Dino 2010 set (the little quad bike) and once again: good pieces, cool minifg and good playability for a small set.

I think this is the right way to go and a good way to get new costumers, giving them good, cheap, small sets... if they like they will come for more.

Conclusion. Lego company please make more small sets!

Indeed. The buggers sell out fast here, too.

It's hard to think anyone who buys a small Lego set won't want to get bigger and bigger sets. It's just the nature of it.

When Lego has "entry" prices that accomodate a person in ANY demographic, they win.

It's even better when they hit that AND simultaneously do it in all their separate themes.

They've definitely gotten better at this type of strategy.

I like small sets as well.

I am far more likely to buy myself something small 'just because I feel like it' rather than something big...

Consequently, every time I go by the store is an excuse to get something small...

Although, I'm not so sure I care for the TinyTurbo packaging or the Pod of the X-Pods.... They just seem to pile up...

What am I going to do with the 21 Tiny Turbo boxes stacked up against my dresser?

Although, I'm not so sure I care for the TinyTurbo packaging or the Pod of the X-Pods.... They just seem to pile up...

What am I going to do with the 21 Tiny Turbo boxes stacked up against my dresser?

Yes, I really don't like the Tiny Turbo packaging either but a least it's recyclable. That's where mine have gone - in the recycling bin! The X-Pod packaging tho is made of ABS and has studs on, making it useful in lots of cool creations, eg. http://members.lycos.co.uk/legoville/lego/...129mecha01s.jpg

More small sets please Lego! I have bought all of the small City, Vikings, Exo-Force and Tiny Turbo sets. There have been some fantastic designs, and I don't have to justify the expenditure, I can just buy them on a whim. :-)

Sorry to double post, but I've just been looking back at what I've bought over the last few years. There really has been a renaissance in small affordable MINIFIG sets. Below are some examples (prices are what we pay here in England).

Yes, I really don't like the Tiny Turbo packaging either but a least it's recyclable. That's where mine have gone - in the recycling bin! The X-Pod packaging tho is made of ABS and has studs on, making it useful in lots of cool creations, eg. http://members.lycos.co.uk/legoville/lego/...129mecha01s.jpg

More small sets please Lego! I have bought all of the small City, Vikings, Exo-Force and Tiny Turbo sets. There have been some fantastic designs, and I don't have to justify the expenditure, I can just buy them on a whim. :-)

I disagree with you guys about the Tiny Turbo's boxes, along with X-pods, this are the best boxes lego has this days. I mean for a kid or someone who doesn't have a big collection and just have a few sets to play it is really important the box can be reusable to store the pieces. I understand that for a big collecter or an AFOL who probably has his own sistem for sorting and storaging the boxes are not important. Well for me the boxes are important. It's always disappointing when you spend 50 or 100 euros on a big lego set and the box it comes with is so fragile and has no use anymore.

This is what I use them for around the house:

1, "Everyday thingies" set for my backpack: keys, chewing gum, Swiss knife, pendrive, etc.

2, Small tool set for car

3, Small first-aid kit for one-day hikes

4, Used AA battery storage until recycling

5, Excess nails, screws and bolts

6, Rarely used Lego parts in small quantities

I remove the original stickers and use coloured tape for markings.

I only have one use for the Racer garages.

Since I roll my own cigarettes, I like using those as packs.

But that's it. There's a very low mocing potential (though not entirely NO mocing potential)... but that's it.

Cigarette holder.

And I only need one for that. 8-|

I only have one use for the Racer garages.

Since I roll my own cigarettes, I like using those as packs.

But that's it. There's a very low mocing potential (though not entirely NO mocing potential)... but that's it.

Cigarette holder.

And I only need one for that. 8-|

So you roll your own "Cigarettes", eh? ;-) :-P

Hush, you.

Despite the long hair, I haven't done any type of drugs ever in my entire life.

Suprisingly, because life sure dishes out enough stress.

I'm strictly a menthol tobacco in menthol-loaded tubes kinda' guy. *wub*