Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

"Well, I'm fine with whatever. I wouldn't mind taking revenge on some pirates. If we take stand here by the door we should have a good defensive position in the battle, right?"

Young?

You do realize I am 126 years your elder, correct? default_look.gif

"My apolgies. The youthful looks of your species confused an old young fool like myself.

And thank you for the rum, Eric."

"Well, I'm fine with whatever. I wouldn't mind taking revenge on some pirates. If we take stand here by the door we should have a good defensive position in the battle, right?"

"I do not think that will be of much importance if we engage the pirates. My vote goes towards heading back inside and locking the guards out."

"I have no particular preference heheh... I'll follow the will of the party."

If the party decides to return inside, they need to specify which direction they will continue.

OoC: Please be decisive, for the sake of advancing the quest.

"Apparently we didn't gain much time from using the secret entrance. Since we came through the other entrance trying to be sneaky, I think it would be a waste of the effort if we blew our cover now. I hate to say it, but it's best if we hide first. Remember, we need to find Reno and kill Jolly Roger in a set time, so we can stall fighting every pirate band they throw at us, even though I'd really love to put every miserable one of them down." Eric said, visibly saddened by the lost opportunity at another good brawl. There'd be plenty of more battles ahead, battles that can't be avoided.

The party will hide.

*EDIT* Oh, we need to specify...umm, the right corridor then (right corridor when the party's backs are facing the brown door)?

*EDIT* Oh, we need to specify...umm, the right corridor then (right corridor when the party's backs are facing the brown door)?

"I agree. The pirates are likely to run to the other side of the island, presumably taking one of the far corridors, so I suggest taking the one nearest to the door."

The party decides to return inside, and turn right from the next intersection. However, there seems to be another group of pirates just around the corner, consisting of four pirates and a parrot. The pirates from the shack have now reached the door as well, so the party is caught between a rock and a hard place.

heroicaquest15-map4.jpg

If they stay put, the pirates running down the hall will spot them, but if they turn the corner they will have to face the group ahead of them. Which group of pirates will they face?

Eric groaned at his poor choice, but didn't let his disapointment be seen by his companions. Still, he felt a warm feeling boil up inside at the prospect of a brawl. Even though the party had been dealt a heavy blow in their first battle, most of the members had already recovered using potions or the healing powers of Maurice the Cleric. Eric's Barbarian blood gave the Nord an adrenaline boost to bite through the pain and ignore his wounds. He felt rejuvenated, but his wounds were far from completely healed. His arms wrapped in bloody bandages to cover his wounds and with blood all over him, Eric slowly but surely led the party around the corner. He held Godricsleif at the ready as he arrogantly strode towards the surprised band of pirates, shocked at the sight of the dead pirate chef's head dangling at the side of the huge Nord and the overwhelming numbers of the party.

The party will attack the pirates (with the parrot).

The group of pirates were on guard because of the alarms ringing. They were just about to dash off when they saw the approaching heroes.

"Intruders! We've been intrudified!" one of the pirates shouted.

"Polly wants rum!" the parrot chirped in. Then they all promptly attacked the party.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest15-battlepirates2.jpg

Enemies:

Pesky Polly

Type: Flying

Level: 5

Health: 39/39

Special:
Peck Eyes
- Causes 5 damage and the blinded-effect on the target

Drops: nothing

Note: Addicted to Rum

Pirate Cleric

Type: Humanoid, Holy

Level: 8

Health: 89/89

Special:
Small Miracle
- Restores 8 health to all allies.

Drops: Grand Potion

Pirate Satyr

Type: Humanoid, Beast

Level: 11

Health: 111/111

Special:
Trinklieder
- The satyr sings an encouraging drinking song that doubles the level of all allies for the next round

Drops: Twin Axe (WP:5, damages two enemies in one hit)

Pirate Sniper

Type: Humanoid

Level: 6

Health: 61/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt
– Causes 3 damage to all opponents regardless of their row.

Drops: Lightning Bomb

Pirate Raider

Level: 7

Health: 85/85

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: 30 gold

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10½ Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 10½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric
(played by Khorne) *Party Leader*

Level 13½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP:8,
ice-elemental
), Potion, 2 Meads, 2 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 11 Rogue

Power:
21 (16 for ranged weapons)

Health:
19/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6274181516_11b6a760ac_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
19/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Diamond Mace (WP:4,
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Eric charged forwards, intense bloodlust burning in his icy eyes. Godricsleif hummed and cold mists radiated from the blade. It almost seemed as if the sword was happy to cut at its beastly opponent. The Nord grinned, the Satyr was in for a cold surprise. As Godricsleif was imbued with an opal, it would do extra damage to the man-creature.

Eric will attack the Pirate Satyr from the first row.

Battle Order:

Eric (ice vs. beast = extra damage)

Ad-Hoh (darkness attack on Cleric? Darkness vs. holy = extra damage)

Christopher (attack Satyr?)

Erdathcath (lightning bomb on Parrot? Lightning vs. flying = extra damage)

Hybros (attack Sniper?)

Maurice (attack Raider?)

*Green = proposed plan of action, you can still do whatever you want, of course. These are just my ideas :wink: .

"Indeed it had occured to me that, should it work, my powers of Darkness would surely make crossing us a very bad decision for that cleric, and so I shall attack the Pirate Cleric from the back row with Darkness!"

"Good plan! I would feel a bit uncomfortable attacking a fellow cleric, even if it's a filthy pirate. The Pirate Raider from the front row it will be for me."

Wow, these pirates are quite tough!

Also, since my bomb attack every opponent I think I should wait until the parrot is close to dieing so that I don't end up wasting a bomb.

Is that fine with you Eric?

"Go ahead Erdathcath. The plan I proposed was only an idea. If you want to save your bomb, go ahead"

Results of Round One of the Pirates & Parrot Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Satyr - Damage

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Cleric - Miss

Christopher vs. Pirate Satyr - Special Damage

>Erdathcath vs. Pesky Polly - Shield (Triple Shot)

Hybros vs. Pirate Sniper - Hit

Maurice vs. Pirate Raider - Shield (Miracle)

The battle begins with Eric trying to attack the satyr, but the bestial enemy manages to hit him instead, causing 11 damage to the barbarian. Ad-Hoh's spell misses the Pirate Cleric. Christopher attempts to gain a hit on the Satyr as well, but he sings a Trinklieder instead, doubling the level of all enemies for the next round. Erdathcath's Triple Shot hits Pesky Polly, the Pirate Cleric and the Pirate Satyr for 15 damage each. Hybros scores a hit on the sniper, dealing 21 damage. Maurice receives a Miracle from Ennoc that restores all heroes to full health. The next round will be tough, since all enemies have double power.

All five enemies are still in the battle.

Enemies:

Pesky Polly

Level:

Health: 24/39

Special:
Peck Eyes

Pirate Cleric

Type: Humanoid, Holy

Level:

Health: 74/89

Special:
Small Miracle
- Restores 8 health to all allies.

Drops: Grand Potion

Pirate Satyr

Level:

Health: 96/111

Special:
Trinklieder
- The satyr sings an encouraging drinking song that doubles the level of all allies for the next round

Pirate Sniper

Level:

Health: 40/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Pirate Raider

Level:

Special:
Steal

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10½ Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
19/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 10½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
16/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 13½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 11 Rogue

Power:

Health:
19/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
19/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"Eric, I think we should give the Satyr a bottle of rum and send him on his way. He's too powerful for any of us to handle with doubled power. As nice as that Twin Axe is... heheh."

"That Satyr is a nasty creature, I don't want him to let him get away just like that. Someone should attack him from the back row this round to avoid being knocked out. If it happens anyway, I got a Phoenix Essence to use. I'll continue my attack on Pirate Raider from the front row, unless another plan comes up."

Eric got angry at the poor results he was having in battle. He tried to stay calm and not completely lose his mind.

"I agree with Maurice, the Satyr is too good to pass up on. I will attack it once more and hopefully I'll do some heavy damage."

Eric will attack Pirate Satyr from the back row.

Battle order:

Battle Order:

Eric

Ad-Hoh

Christopher

Erdathcath

Hybros

Maurice

"Alright then I will attack the Sniper again, this time from the back row with the Shuriken of Mercutio!"

Woah! That shot worked better than even I could have imagined, 15 health of of 3 opponents?

I think I shall continue this attack!

(Attacking Pesky Polly from the Back Row)

Results of Round Two of the Pirates & Parrot Battle:

>Eric vs. Pirate Satyr - Extra Critical Hit

Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Cleric - Great Spell

Christopher vs. Pirate Satyr - Shield (Sentinel)

>Erdathcath vs. Pesky Polly - Aim

>Hybros (Shuriken of Mercutio) vs. Pirate Sniper - Damage

Maurice vs. Pirate Raider - Damage

The battle continues with the enemy party buffed. Eric puts all his strenght on his strike, and deals a stupefying ice-elemental hit on the satyr that causes 30 damage (Level 13 + [{WP 8 x 3 = 24} x 2 =48 for the ice-element] = 61 / 2 and rounded down because of the back row). Ad-Hoh's spell of darkness works wonders on the pirate cleric, dealing quadruple damage (21 x 4 = 84) since the healer is extra vulnerable against that element, and knocking it out instantly. Ad-Hoh's remaining ether is reduced by one. Christopher takes the Sentinel-position to protect his allies again for the next round. Erdathcath takes a good aim against the parrot, causing 5 damage to it. The Pirate Sniper shoots Hybros for 6 damage, while the Pirate Raider deals a stinging 14 damage to Maurice.

Four enemies still remain, but the effect of the Trinklieder fades away.

Enemies:

Pesky Polly

Level: 5

Health: 19/39

Special:
Peck Eyes

Pirate Satyr

Level: 11

Health: 66/111

Special:
Trinklieder

Pirate Sniper

Level: 6

Health: 40/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Pirate Raider

Level: 7

Special:
Steal

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
13/15

Gold:

Inventory:

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10½ Knight
*Sentinel*

Power:

Defence:

Health:
19/19

Gold:

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 10½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
16/16

Gold:

Inventory:

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 13½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 11 Rogue

Power:

Health:
13/19

Gold:

Inventory:

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
5/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental