Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

"Erdathcath... we've already explored this floor fully, besides the areas behind locked doors. We can go upstairs, downstairs, or fight the toughest pirates that we've encountered already."

"As I've already said, I think we should explore more of the ground floor, past the dining hall."

"I concur. I always find it best to be fully aware of my surroundings before deciding on the best course of action. Let us fill in the unknown areas of the map, so to speak. Hopefully then we shall be able to identify where to go from there."

OoC: Here's the area you've covered downstairs. The crossed off enemies are the ones that you have defeated.

heroicaquest15-map13.jpg

"I propose that we fight the group of pirates guarding the centre door."

"Yeah, we'll go back down and fight the group guarding the door. Then we can search the rest of the ground level for keys and whatnot."

"Agreed. They may even hold the keys we're looking for."

Hybros wondered if the pirates had felt wrongly invaded by the heroes. They had it coming, by stealing from everyone, but did that make them so different from anyone else in Eubric? It seemed that every house was trying to out do their rivals. The heroes, it seemed, were often asked to compete against other houses. So was Heroica actually doing good, or was it just fueling the fire?

Confidently the party approaches their chosen group of pirates. This lot is lead by a ghastly undead pirate who is impervious to normal attacks.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest15-battlepirates4.jpg

Enemies:

Peglegged Pirate

Type: Humanoid

Level: 7

Health: 80/80

Special:
Stun
– Causes the target to lose its next turn.

Drops: Potion

Note: Addicted to Rum

Pirate Sniper

Level: 6

Health: 61/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt
– Causes 3 damage to all opponents regardless of their row.

Drops: Lightning Bomb

Pirate Zombie

Type: Humanoid, Undead

Level: 12

Health: 131/131

Special:
Infection
– Causes poisoned-, blinded- and sealed-effect to the target.

Drops: Brass Key (quest item)

Pirate Ruffian

Level: 5

Health: 45/45

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: Rum

Filthy Monkey

Type: Beast, Vermin

Health: 31/31

Special I: Eat a Banana - The monkey eats a restorative fruit that restores it to full health. Used only once.

Special II: Fling Poo – The monkey throws crap at the target, causing 5 damage regardless of row, as well as the afraid-effect that forces the target to remain in the back row for the whole battle.

Drops: Banana (Restores full health. Will not be dropped if the monkey has eaten it.)

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 12½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
12/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 11½ Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 11½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
17/17

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric
(played by Khorne) *Party Leader*

Level 14½ Barbarian

Power:
22 (19 for dual strike)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP:8,
ice-elemental
), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:5, dual strike), Potion, Mead, 3 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 12 Rogue

Power:
22 (17 for ranged weapons)

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6274181516_11b6a760ac_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 11 Cleric

Power:

Health:
20/20

Ether:
7/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Diamond Mace (WP:4,
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 3 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, Lightning Bomb, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"I will attack the Pirate Sniper from the front row with Zoot's Reaper."

"I suggest that Maurice and Ad-Hoh focus on the Zombie, since they're the only ones who can damage it. I have two remedies if you happen to encounter its special."

Also, are bombs able to destroy the zombie?

OoC: The undead can be damaged by elemental attacks and healing, so all spells, bombs and weapons with elemental affinity will work.

Ad-Hoh attacks the Pirate Zombie from the back row with Darkness.

Abhorred by the resurrected zombie warrior, Eric's resolve strengthened to rip this party of pirates to shreds. The Dead should not be disturbed, let them rest in the cold care of lady Helvetia. Only she can deem those worthy of eternal life and grant them the Undeath. Disturbance and resurrection of the dead by necromancers is heinous and vile deed and should be ended. Eric unsheathed his weapons and prepared to assault the pirates, keeping both Godricsleif and Grom and the ready.

Eric will attack Pirate Ruffian from the front row, using Twin Axe.

Battle Order:

Hybros

Eric

Christopher

Ad-Hoh

Erdathcath

Maurice (best is if you attack the zombie, too. Your light spells will do extra damage)

Results of Round One of the Zombie & Friends Battle:

Hybros vs. Pirate Sniper - Damage

Eric (Twin Axe) vs. Pirate Ruffian - Special Damage

Christopher vs. Filthy Monkey - Hit

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Zombie - Shield (Magic Burst of Wood)

>Erdathcath vs. Filthy Monkey Peglegged Pirate - Hit

Maurice vs. Pirate Zombie - Miss

The battle commences. The Pirate Sniper manages to hit Hybros with her crossbow for 6 damage. The Pirate Ruffian steals 14 gold from Eric. Christopher hits the Filthy Monkey for 19 damage. Ad-Hoh's powers in the element of wood burst out suddenly, dealing 17 damage to all enemies and thus taking out the Filthy Monkey. With her target gone, Erdathcath turns her arrow against the Peglegged Pirate and hits him for 16 damage. Maurice takes a swing at the zombie, but it lurches away from his strike.

Four enemies remain.

Enemies:

Peglegged Pirate

Health: 47/80

Special:
Stun

Pirate Sniper

Health: 44/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Pirate Zombie

Health: 114/131

Special:
Infection

Pirate Ruffian

Health: 28/45

Special:
Steal

Drops: 14 gold, Rum

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 12½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
12/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 11½ Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 11½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
17/17

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 14½ Barbarian

Power:
22 (19 for dual strike)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental
), Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:5, dual strike), Potion, Mead, 3 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Health:
14/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 11 Cleric

Power:

Health:
20/20

Ether:
7/15

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 3 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, Lightning Bomb, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"At last, some proper magic! I shall attack the Pirate Zombie from the back row with Darkness again."

Maruice finally wakes up from his deep meditation and realizes that he is in the middle of a battle, and a creature of darkness, an undead, is amongst the enemies.

"It's my duty and destiny to fight these evil monsters. The power of the light will destroy them!"

Maurice attacks the Pirate Zombie from the front row with his diamond mace.

OoC: Sorry for my absence, a stressful start of the new year has finally cooled down a bit. :blush:

OoC: It's been well over 24 hours, so I'm continuing the battle without Khorne or FFBurger's input. Don't abandon us, guys!

Results of Round Two of the Zombie & Friends Battle:

Hybros vs. Pirate Sniper - Special Damage

Eric (Twin Axe) vs. Pirate Ruffian - Miss

Christopher vs. Peglegged Pirate - Shield (Sentinel)

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Zombie - Miss

>Erdathcath vs. Peglegged Pirate - Hit

Maurice vs. Pirate Zombie - Shield (Miracle)

The battle continues. The Pirate Sniper unleashes an explosive shot, causing 3 damage to the whole party. Eric's attack misses. Christopher takes on the Sentinel-position, protecting the party from damage for the next round. Ad-Hoh's spell misses as well, but Erdathcath manages to get a hit on the Peglegged Pirate for 16 damage. Maurice's receives Ennoc's miracle, restoring up to 15 health to all allies.

Four enemies still stand strong.

Enemies:

Peglegged Pirate

Health: 31/80

Special:
Stun

Pirate Sniper

Health: 44/61

Special:
Explosive Bolt

Pirate Zombie

Health: 114/131

Special:
Infection

Pirate Ruffian

Health: 28/45

Special:
Steal

Drops: 14 gold, Rum

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 12½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
12/16

Gold:

Inventory:

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 11½ Knight
*Sentinel*

Power:

Defence:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 11½ Ranger

Power:

Health:
17/17

Gold:

Inventory:

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 14½ Barbarian

Power:
22 (19 for dual strike)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 12 Rogue

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 11 Cleric

Power:

Health:
13/20

Ether:
7/15

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental

"Praised be the Righteous Light! I'll continue my attack on the undead pirate."

Well, if we keep this up, every pirate in this blasted fortress will be destroyed!

I shall continue my attack against the Peglegged Pirate from the Back Row.

"Hehe... thank you Maurice. And with Christopher's shield, we can really do some damage this round."

Hybros assaults the Sniper from the front row again.

Angry with his previous failures, Eric furiously charged the pirate group again.

Eric will attack the Pirate Ruffian from the front row, using the Twin Axe.

Battle Order:

Hybros

Eric

Christopher

Ad-Hoh

Erdathcath

Maurice

OoC: Sorry, for my lack of presence guys, but I'm in the middle of my exam period. I do have some more spare time starting now, since I don't have any exams for a week.