Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#14: The Family Recipe

I will move to section C3.

As Cinna hits her shovel to the ground, she instanty hits something hard. She discovers a buried anchor from the ground.

heroicaquest14-bluto.jpg

"Hey, that looks like something I could use!"

Shrugging her shoulders, Cinna hands the anchor to Bluto.

heroica-anchor.jpgAnchor - WP:6, suitable to dream sailors

I will search at location B3 next.

Nothing comes up.

Digged locations:

B3 - nothing

C2 - nothing

C3 - Anchor

"Well shucks, these are some good-at-hiding scorpions."

Moving on to B4

OOC: Do we need to worry about re-digging a spot in case they run around or just one dig and move on?

Edited by darkdragon

Moving on to B4

OOC: Do we need to worry about re-digging a spot in case they run around or just one dig and move on?

OoC: No, the monsters stay put.

Again Cinna digs and finds nothing.

Digged locations:

B3 - nothing

B4 - nothing

C2 - nothing

C3 - Anchor

"We'll be here all night, at this rate. I think we should just dig up the rest of row C before taking another break, unless we dig up something interesting. And we could switch off shovelin' duties if ya get tired, Cinna."

OOC: Clarifcation *Clicky*

Edited by swils

"We'll be here all night, at this rate. I think we should just dig up the rest of row C before taking another break, unless we dig up something interesting. And we could switch off shovelin' duties if ya get tired, Cinna."

OoC: I won't allow it. There's no point in just allowing you to "dig everywhere", since the purpose is to make you spend time digging. :grin:

C4

Nope, nothing.

Digged locations:

B3 - nothing

B4 - nothing

C2 - nothing

C3 - Anchor

C4 - nothing

I look for any tracks or other signs that could show us where the scorpions are.

Bartholomew finds all sorts of tracks on the sand. Footprints, pawprints, and tracks left by various little critters such as ants, beetles, crabs and indeed scorpions. Where do they all lead is impossible to say.

C16

Again, Cinna digs up only sand.

Digged locations:

B3 - nothing

B4 - nothing

C2 - nothing

C3 - Anchor

C4 - nothing

C16 - nothing

I speak in Scorpion-language.

<"Here, Golden Scorpions! Come to daddy!">

OoC: Sorry, missed this earlier.

Docken hears a thin voice below the sand.

"<Thewe'th no Gowden Thcowpionth hewe now, jutht uth weguwaw bwack and wed oneth. The thiny dudeth onwy come up to bathe in the thunwight. Sowwy!>"

Looks like we're going to have to come back in the daytime. :sceptic:

"Well, Mr. Docken, if my calculations are correct this could work to our favour; if we sleep till morning, find a scorpion during the day, and then head back to town, it should be night again, allowing us to visit the Necromancer/rescue Mr. Hopet/etc."

"Oh goodness. Now I am all sweaty for nothing. I think we should head back to town now, if we can get there before daybreak then we can go to the Necromancer's. However, if you guys don't think we can make it to town before the end of the night then we will sleep until morning as suggested."

"Oh goodness. Now I am all sweaty for nothing. I think we should head back to town now, if we can get there before daybreak then we can go to the Necromancer's. However, if you guys don't think we can make it to town before the end of the night then we will sleep until morning as suggested."

"Seein' as we're already here and have a few holes dug up, I'm with Thothy. Unless anyone wants to go get an extra shovel. But I'm rather enjoying watchin' Cinna do all the hard work!" He laughs.

The party can return to the city on this same night. If they choose to go to Kalakita Bog instead, it will take the remainder of the night.

"I feel we should stay here, Ms. Cinna. Going back to the city, only to have to come back and wait for another day, would only waste time. I feel we'd be much better off spending the night here, and finding the scorpions in the morning."

~SECOND DAY IN SALMANDA~

The party wakes up to the bright morning sun on the sands of the Shipwreck Shore. Having learned that Golden Scorpions can only be encountered during daylight, the party decided to rest for the night and continue digging the sand after the dawn broke. That is, Cinna would continue to shovel while the men watched her work.

heroicaquest14-shipwreckshore-day.jpg

Where would Cinna dig next?

Digged locations:

B3 - nothing

B4 - nothing

C2 - nothing

C3 - Anchor

C4 - nothing

C16 - nothing

I continue to call for the scorpions in their language.

Again, Bartholomew hears a tiny peeping sound from the sand below.

"<Don't you even twy! You want to kiww me fow my venom, but you wiww have to find me fiwtht!>"

After a not-so-restful night's sleep, due to dreams of digging until her fingers fell off, Cinna awakes and glares at her shovel a moment before resuming her task.

"Here we go, wish me luck boys. Since that's all you can do to help. Who's making breakfast?" She smiles as much as possible and heads over to the area next to her last failure hole.

C15