Sign in to follow this  
Two-Faced Batman Fan

It wouldn't be stealing, would it?

checked security cams

?He swapped out the barcodes right at the shelf?

Sounds like he got too cocky. Youre supposed to either:

-do it where there are no cams

-do it as you are pushing your cart down the main aisle (yeah, it sounds like a bad idea, but you're moving so cams don't get any detail, and no one you pass by sees you for more than a moment so they don't pay attention to you)(it's also just plain unexpected, and they'd have to carefully check All the camera footage to piece together your full path...)

sounds like he got caught because his massive sales record on bricklink blew his cover

Greed was his downfall

If you pay in cash, and only buy enough sets for yourself -not start a Business on it! you should be safe

-no, I dont have any sticky barcodes, I just study security systems(any complex system) as a 'hobby'-

checked security cams

?He swapped out the barcodes right at the shelf?

Sounds like he got too cocky. Youre supposed to either:

-do it where there are no cams

-do it as you are pushing your cart down the main aisle (yeah, it sounds like a bad idea, but you're moving so cams don't get any detail, and no one you pass by sees you for more than a moment so they don't pay attention to you)(it's also just plain unexpected, and they'd have to carefully check All the camera footage to piece together your full path...)

sounds like he got caught because his massive sales record on bricklink blew his cover

Greed was his downfall

If you pay in cash, and only buy enough sets for yourself -not start a Business on it! you should be safe

-no, I dont have any sticky barcodes, I just study security systems(any complex system) as a 'hobby'-

Well, it was a particularly attentive person at the checkout counter who caught him. They just used security cams to confirm his presence at several other stores that mysteriously had sets go missing.

sorry, i dont condone theft or fraud. I know with the general ignorance of american staff you can probably get away with it on a small scale. But I don

?soul?

-well, thats a different topic...

I wonder if he was buying single boxes at a time... or if he would grab up the entire stock of each store all at once...

when a guy buys up 10 of one set... and theyre all 10$ for such a big box... that would look pretty suspicious to me

I have a 2 confessions to make

1. At target i had found a turbotank with its box busted open and asked a clerk if it was marked down.

He told me no but when i scaned it the price was just $10.00 but for some reason it's came up as ankakins jsf. I quickly found a registester that was ran by a gulable young blond atendant (i know that hot chicks dont know anything about sw) and bought the set. Is it ok to by busted open sets for super cheap( it had all the parts)? Was it right to take advantage of the young blond?

2.Also rmbr how the ARC170 fighters had revised instructions? welp i saw that extra page and threw it out and when i built it I was under the asumption that i was missing some parts. So to get revenge on the tlc i kept the 3 pilots (i dont think they'd miss them much) and told the clerk it was missing some parts and the figs. Now i feel bad :'-( what should i do besides give them back or pay them)?

I have a 2 confessions to make

1. At target i had found a turbotank with its box busted open and asked a clerk if it was marked down.

He told me no but when i scaned it the price was just $10.00 but for some reason it's came up as ankakins jsf. I quickly found a registester that was ran by a gulable young blond atendant (i know that hot chicks dont know anything about sw) and bought the set. Is it ok to by busted open sets for super cheap( it had all the parts)? Was it right to take advantage of the young blond?

This one's totally OK, because the messed up price is their fault not yours.

If you want to be helpful you can tell them they have the price wrong... but that'd be kinda dumb if you pass up a deal first.

Plus it is always cool to take advantage of hot blondes. :-D

2.Also rmbr how the ARC170 fighters had revised instructions? welp i saw that extra page and threw it out and when i built it I was under the asumption that i was missing some parts. So to get revenge on the tlc i kept the 3 pilots (i dont think they'd miss them much) and told the clerk it was missing some parts and the figs. Now i feel bad :'-( what should i do besides give them back or pay them)?

This one... First point, Your loss, you should have called Lego Customer Service and had them mail you the missing parts, its free and a really good service.

Second point, you shouldn't have returned it with figs removed... that was bad.

However, giving the figs back won't help unless the specific set is still on the shelf and you can actually put them back inside. (if they already sold it, then what are they going to do with 3 figs by themselves and no barcode?) Paying them won't help either because retail stores are run by robots, and they arent programmed to accept 'guilt money' without a purchase to ring it up with...

So, if this was real recent you can check the shelf and try putting the figs back in the box; but frankly it's probably already gone. You're just going to have to live with it. Donate the figs to charity if it makes you feel better. Or go buy some Legos :-D that always makes me happy...

P.S.

I took advantage of a cute blonde once...

I was at a bookstore and this new manga (comic book) I wanted had just been supposedly released. I checked their website first and it said the store had the stock now.

But when I arrived, it wasn't on the shelf. and the Info desk told me that they had it, but can't sell till the release date next week. (what a mean, lying website)

So I hung around the door to the employees-only stockroom

and as soon as a younger looking blonde girl(college part-timer i bet) came out asked her if she could help me find it, and suggested that maybe someone forgot to put it on the shelf cause it was so new...

Well, she happily got my book from the stockroom for me. And I bought my copy earlier than the release date. :-P

I don't get what's wrong with you guys that you think it's okay to take advantage of anyone...

Besides, not all blondes are lacking in intelligence. Not all blondes are attractive. And there are definitely some attractive women who like Star Wars, trust me ;-)

That's different, it's an error made by the store that you had no part in. It's targeting someone who you think you CAN take advantage of that bothers me, not if someone happens to make a mistake ;-)

That's different, it's an error made by the store that you had no part in.

I didn't feel guilty anyways ;-)

It's targeting someone who you think you CAN take advantage of that bothers me, not if someone happens to make a mistake ;-)

Yeah, well, that's today's society. Everybody "has" to take care of themselves. The (good ol') times when you cared about your "neighbor" and vice versa are gone...

Do you have any idea how depressing that is? I'm sure you do :-P

I don't care for the way things are done today, I'll continue to live in the past thankyouverymuch :-)

This one... First point, Your loss, you should have called Lego Customer Service and had them mail you the missing parts, its free and a really good service.

Second point, you shouldn't have returned it with figs removed... that was bad.

However, giving the figs back won't help unless the specific set is still on the shelf and you can actually put them back inside. (if they already sold it, then what are they going to do with 3 figs by themselves and no barcode?) Paying them won't help either because retail stores are run by robots, and they arent programmed to accept 'guilt money' without a purchase to ring it up with...

So, if this was real recent you can check the shelf and try putting the figs back in the box; but frankly it's probably already gone. You're just going to have to live with it. Donate the figs to charity if it makes you feel better. Or go buy some Legos that always makes me happy...

Ill make it up to the tlc by buying more starwars lego

It's targeting someone who you think you CAN take advantage of that bothers me

Cant I >:-)

Well in the spirit of this thread I saw this for only $9... what a bargain, the seller must be very easy to decieve because he is so new to bricklink... Then I saw his feedback... It's not wrong is it? I'm sure he just forgot to mail them...

Nathan (please note the intent)

I don't think so, being otherwise it wouldn't be kept by anyone. I am glad you are posting for other people's oppinions but I think that it is fine if you take it if its just laying there. Kind of like when I went to LEGOLAND and saw a Krana laying on the ground and took it-no one is going to put it back with the set. And I'm not just saying this to be simple-I am a pretty emtreme Christian and I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe GOD put the bag there for you to get those few pieces :D

Sign in to follow this