papercla

Residential House

At first I thought 'hey, that's a really nice modular - with an impressive amount of detail on the facade, and a very interesting colour choice, one that would light up any town' - and then I saw the pics of the real thing. You've done an outstanding job in replicating it in bricks. Superb!

I thought light bluish gray would be too bright for brights colour like tan and medium green. It could be great in dark bluish gray but there aren't every slope type in this colour.

I agree that dark bluish gray would probably be the better solution - it's obvious in that first reference pic. I see your point about the slopes, but I think it would look so much better with the proper colour that you should consider trying other ways to build the roof - after all, there are a ton of different bricks available in DkBG...

I don't even understand the description of it at that link - the green is rather light in color, but not intense the way the description seems to characterize it as being.

I'm not sure if it is just the lighting in the picture, but it looks like a day-glo green to me. It certainly wasn't meant as an insult - I once had a jacket in the color when I was young (the 80's were a great decade for a lot of things, but fashion was not one of them...)

I will take back my comment about being a bit on the fence before - I have indeed been won over by medium green! :classic:

I will take back my comment about being a bit on the fence before - I have indeed been won over by medium green! :classic:

You didn't answer the question, though. What are you smoking? :D

Great work here!

It's nice to see a moc and its real inspiration!

The colour scheme is unusual, but it works very well.

Looking at the picture of the real building you have captured the spirit and the general look more than very well.

Once again, great work! I'm impatient to see your future lego town now!

So many compliments make me very happy, thanks. :tongue:

I agree that dark bluish gray would probably be the better solution - it's obvious in that first reference pic. I see your point about the slopes, but I think it would look so much better with the proper colour that you should consider trying other ways to build the roof - after all, there are a ton of different bricks available in DkBG...

Ok, I'll try to study a modification of the roof to make it in DkBG. :wink:

I'm not sure if it is just the lighting in the picture, but it looks like a day-glo green to me. It certainly wasn't meant as an insult - I once had a jacket in the color when I was young (the 80's were a great decade for a lot of things, but fashion was not one of them...)

I've taken the photo outside in a very sunny day so I think this had emphasize the brilliance of the medium green, but this is a brillant color and if you compared it with sand green... yes, it glows-in-the-dark. :laugh:

I love this building, I wish I could contruct so good so as you do, have you any idea about how many pieces you have spent?1200? 1500?

have you any idea about how many pieces you have spent?1200? 1500?

It's difficult to say the exact number of pieces. So approximately, without the interior (there are 200 tile only in the ground floor), I think 1800-2000 pieces.

Superb MOC. Really great details and really authentic with the photo. How long did it take to build it?

Peace

How long did it take to build it?

Almost 3 months, but in the meantime I was building another house and projecting other mocs (every now and then I like to move the focusing on a different theme so I don't bother. :tongue: )