Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

Sandy is actually a direct translation of my last name, and conveniently a girl's name as well.

Why SkyOtic? i dunno really, but it fits in almost everything and on most sites and games, its an uncommon name. most people think i'm a gothic because of the Otic part, but that's untrue because i'm more like a nerd (but a pride, lego-playing nerd :wink: ) the other part Sky has a history: i'm an astronomer when i'm not at school or building with lego. if i'm not SkyOtic, i'm HyperQube witch comes from Hypercube: A cube in multiple dimensions.

i don't really like numbers in a nickname exept my lego id: Morf4, morf is also an uncommon witch is my cat's name, but more common on games and sites, and mostly too short, thats why i put the "4" in.

my short nickname history! :tongue:

My name is a combination of two words in hungarian Ko with two dots over the o and gyik with a slash over the i. Proper pronunciation is kuh djeek, the u being short as in up. ko = earth or land and gyik = lizard. It is also my current character in AD&D, who is a Half-ogre Barbarian/Druid for those familiar with the game. My other screen name is Attli35 (used at brickshelf and bricklink) it is the scandinavian form of Attila and 35 my age.

Well let's see who figures this out: I chose my name because I'm a wise guy and a wise man in the house. :wink:

Edited by WisrthanU

Well let's see who figures this out: I chose my name because I'm a wiseguy and a wiseman in the house. :wink:

Is there any particular reason for why you chose to misspell the words?

Oops, my bad. I'll change that right away.

Heh heh, sorry. I actually meant the words in your user name. :tongue:

Well, it's quite simple with my nickname. my favourite music is metal, and my name is Andi. I use this name since years now and have it pretty much on all message boards i am, so i also have it here. I know it might be strange, but anyway. I'm not the kind of person that uses 20 different names in 20 different forums. :tongue:

Well, it's quite simple with my nickname. my favourite music is metal, and my name is Andi. I use this name since years now and have it pretty much on all message boards i am, so i also have it here. I know it might be strange, but anyway. I'm not the kind of person that uses 20 different names in 20 different forums. :tongue:

Interesting, I always thought it was Meta Landi. No idea what that would mean, but now I understand your name better. :classic:

That's quite funny, cause a lot of people thought that before, even some on music themed boards. Glad i could clear that up :laugh:

Mines quite simple as well. My name's Justin and my favorite clone commander is Cody (CC-2224) So I got Justin2224

I wanted something to do with lego, so at Brickset I typed in lego123 as my username, but it was taken so I used lego12, and I thought, i'll also use lego12 as my EB account! :classic: So that's how I got my EB account screen name!

OMG! VBBN will finaly reveal his screen name?

Well, I used to be Vezon.Brutaka. Then, I decided to be VB. One of my favorite characters in the Metroid saga was Noxus. Hence the N. The second B could be either Barraki or Bruticus, my favorite character in Transformers. So, VBBN!

Vezon.Brutaka-Bruticus.Noxus

OMG! VBBN will finaly reveal his screen name?

Well, I used to be Vezon.Brutaka. Then, I decided to be VB. One of my favorite characters in the Metroid saga was Noxus. Hence the N. The second B could be either Barraki or Bruticus, my favorite character in Transformers. So, VBBN!

Vezon.Brutaka-Bruticus.Noxus

:oh: Finally!!!! :oh3:

Wow more complicated then i thought.... :blush:

Oh and nice avatar... :grin:

Mine's easy enough to guess... Kopaka's a Toa Nuva in the Bionicle line, and making it Cap'n Kopaka sounds just awesome ^^

Mine is simply Seymour Skinner's nickname in 'The Simpsons Spin Off Showcase' episode. I remember watching fairly soon before I joined.

Edited by Skinny Boy

Mine's easy enough to guess... Kopaka's a Toa Nuva in the Bionicle line, and making it Cap'n Kopaka sounds just awesome ^^

Actually, the Toa in your avvie is a Toa Olda :tongue: Get yer fact's straight!

Staudie.

I can make a quacking sound and one of my friends called me Rubber Ducky and I just tried making it my screen name on a forum and now I use it on almost every forum I'm on. :)

Mine is Polish for pocket knife. Not the switch blade kind, but the Swiss Army multi-tool kind. I got the name from a polish rappers song. His name is Liroy and the song's called Scyzoryk.

I've got my screen name of an Nofx-album called The war on errorism.

I've been using it ever since the album hit the shelves some 5 or maybe even 6 years ago.

However I do have another nicknames on the internet but I can't use that one on most sites due to its length. :hmpf:

That one is Toiletseat Philosophy and well... I think it pretty much explains itself where I got that idea now doesn't it? :tongue:

My username has quite a simple story behind itself:

After seeing STAR WARS Episode III in cinema years ago I thought that it would be really cool to be a commander in the Republic army but not a cloned one.

Not much later I got STAR WARS Battlefront II and immedeadly chose "Commander Rob" as Rob is my nickname.

Later on I got my first e-mail address and it was commander-rob@****** of course.

And then I developed the character of my sigfig (who is basicly me in the SW universe :hmpf: ) around the name (my sigfig`s head is also my current avatar).

Since then I have used that name almost anywhere.

Well not such a simple story then. :laugh:

That`s it, nothing particularly exiting.

Edited by Commander_Rob

I was born in Germany and my family and I visit relatives there every year, and when I go there I always like eating strawberry ice cream there, which in German is Erdbeereis. So there you have it!

I was born in Germany and my family and I visit relatives there every year, and when I go there I always like eating strawberry ice cream there, which in German is Erdbeereis. So there you have it!

I've always wondered about that, very interesting! :grin: