Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #11: A Matter of Principle

img_2966.jpg

"Eh?"

"Iln othn aetv oeI tga o h laoisut ttn loIe dmhouoosurtss e b oriren a wkwi hntidhcorhwo suI g ahln idtv heie f a wlIal l wlaa"

The Party takes a step back from the old wizened werehound.

img_2965.jpg

"Psst. You'll have to forgive grandpa, sometimes he's not all here, just yesterday he was pretending to be a duck. The name's Rillian. If you come back in a week I'm sure he'll be all better, I hope he doesn't owe you money or something like that. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine as to what he's saying."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Ok, I guess we are going to have to think about this.

If it is alright with everyone I would like to go back to the fish market at some point to get a loan. Seeing as it will be lengthening our trip, I would pay everyone 3 gold to compensate.

You can give your axe a hollow blade Tarn. Their sign says any weapon. It costs 50 gold.

Edited by soccerkid6

img_2965.jpg

"So are you chaps advertising for a play or something? What's with all the fancy swords and stuff? Wait, is that a chicken on your head mister?"

"Grandpa didn't always use to be like this, three years back, three werewolf thugs came in here looking for donations, dad tried to settle the situation, but grandpa went at them with the glass shears and they didn't take to kindly to that. Grandpa was out for three days and when he finally came to he couldn't remember a thing for three weeks, it was awful. But we eventually convinced him we were his kin and things have gotten back to normal aside from his sporadic relapses, like this one."

No, we are heroes from Heroica looking for a missing boy.

And actually we took care of three werewolves not very long ago.

"We are members of heroica. You said 3 werewolf thugs, we showed them whose boss earlier today. Have you learn't what he means when he does this?" Said Elgar thinking about his first fight for Heroica

img_2965.jpg

"Do I look like a wizard? How about a cleric? I know, what about some backwords speaking orc? We've never had to figure out what he was trying to say, he still got all his work done and in a week's time he's usually back to normal. It's odd though, this always seems to happen on the third of the month."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Three, It is something to do with the number three". Elgar shouted hoping he got his call right

Three is definitely important.

Tarn listened to the youngster explain his grandpa's malady. Like Elgar, he noticed the repeated use of the number 3, but not much else.

"Perhaps we should head to Mandrel's Curiosities Shop in the meantime. Or, as Glorfindel wants to, perhaps we can go see old fishyface again."

Using my skill of diplomacy I ask the old werehound a question.

Where did you put the Fractionation Columns?

"Uh, every third letter of what he said is 'I havet has no house in which I live all aa'. But that's not much help..."

Yeah, only problem being that the old werehound hid the stuff we need. :angry:

But we can still go to the last shop and think about it on the way.

Using my skill of diplomacy I ask the old werehound a question.

Where did you put the Fractionation Columns?

The old werewhound looks at Sir Glofindel, laughs a high little chuckle and simply replies, "Ipanlf aeacr e s"

The door to the glassblowers shop opens and a rather somber and disheveled individual walks in to the store.

img_2999.jpg

"Gillian, my dear, dear friend, I'm in need of more..." the rest of his speech is incomprehensible as the man sets to sobbing uncontrollably.

The middle aged werewolf who addressed the Party earlier turns to the stranger.

img_2964.jpg

"I'm sorry Ratabor, I've extended your line of credit far beyond kindness, not to mention your tears haven't done a thing for my old dad to boot. Just listen to him now, going on garbly gook and so on."

img_2998.jpg

The raggedy man turns to the party, "Oh noble sirs, could you find it within your noble hearts to spare a penny or two or five of gold for a poor cleric down on his luck? I must have it, tis the only way I might, I might..." The cleric again breaks down into an uncontrollable rain of tears.

Might what? Come now get a hold on yourself.

Do you think you might be able to help this unfortunate werehound? I would give you some gold to make it worthwhile.

Edited by soccerkid6

img_2998.jpg

The cleric blows his nose on the hem of his cloak.

"Tis the only way I might keep from starving to death. I need that heartless werehound's bottles, otherwise I can't make a living, and I can't pay off my debts and sooner or later I'll either starve or be thrown in prison."

What do you do with the bottles? And do you think you could help this old werehound?

Then using my skill of diplomacy yet again I ask the old werehound one more question: Is this young werehound here your grandson?

Edited by soccerkid6

Atramor blinks.

"Frankly, I don't give a crap about your house...or non house, or however the heck you get inside. Where is this short kid? And tell your son or whoever to open the safe and give us the columns."

img_2998.jpg

"I'm a cleric by training, but when I found my deathly palor sent my patients into the afterlife instead of bringing them out from it, I took to selling my tears in little glass vials at the different curiousity and magic shops. I've barely been getting by these past few months, I'm now in debt to my ears and I don't have a cent left to buy any more vials from that crotchety scrooge or his son or his grandfather, even though I've tried my utmost to cure him. I might be able to help, but could you spare me even two gold, you do look like a valient gentleman, a courageous lordly knight. Please... take pity on me." :pir_bawling:

The werehound looks over at the crying cleric and meerly shrugs his shoulders at Glorfindel's question.

Do your tears do anything? I will give you 3 gold if you heal that old werehound.

Edited by soccerkid6

"Alright! Nobody move. Pops your insurrance money for the month's late and... Well, well, well, look who we've got here!"

img_2974.jpg

"If it ain't the fancy pancy heroica baffoons. This time your going down! Nobody messes with the Blood Paw brothers and gets away with it. Get 'em boys!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Werewolf Thug (Sword)

Type: Humanoid, Beast

Level: 4

Health: 20/20

Special:
Savage Onslaught
– The target is stunned and loses its next turn.

Drops: 25 Gold

Werewolf Thug (Axe)

Special:
Savage Onslaught
– The target is stunned and loses its next turn.

Drops: 25 Gold

Werewolf Thug (Crossbow)

Special:
Multi Shot
– Each member of the party takes three damage no matter what row they are standing in.

Drops: 10 Gold, Grand Potion

Party:

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin
*Party Leader*

(Played by CallMePieORDie)

Level 9 Rogue

Power
: 15

Health
: 13/15

Gold
: 50
-owes Gurnam the Loan Shark 95

Inventory
: Whip Chain of Pickpocketing (WP:6), Bone x2, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Essence of Obsidian (Quest Item), Writ of Blacksmith Service, "Maladies of the Brick" (Quest Item), Glass Dagger (WP:5 Potion equipped)

egar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 3 Ranger

Power
: 6

Health
: 6/8

Gold
: 20

Inventory
: Bow and Arrow (WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Potion, Remedy

img_2800.jpg

Sir Glorfindel

(Played by soccerkid6)

Level 3 Knight

Power

Health
: 12/12

Gold
: 15

Inventory
: Broadsword (WP:3), Lion Shield (SP:2), Potion x2, Bedroll, Nostrum

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco

(Played by Rumble Strike)

Level 8 Barbarian

Power
: 17

Health
: 15/15

Gold
: 57

Inventory
: Kyrferath, a Battle Ax (WP:9, water elemental), Pole-axe (WP:3), Bottle of Mead, Lightning Bomb, Potion x2, Tonic, Venom, Smelling Salts, Grand Potion, Spell of Sleep

dsc01018.jpg

William Harkenshire

(Played by volcanicpanik)

Level 3 Ranger

Power

Health
: 8/8

Gold
: 18

Inventory
: Bow (WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Mead, Smelling Salts, Potion

Note: Ratabor is caught in the fray and joins your party. Atramor may control his action.

img_2999_-_copy.jpg

Ratabor Mossycloak

(NPC)

Level 1 Cleric

Power
: 4

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 3/5

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Hickory Staff (WP:3)

Party Leader, please post the order of action.

All of you, please post your targets and the row you want to fight from. Also state if you want to flee or use an item instead.

Any enemy not targetted will get a Free Hit against a party member.

I shall attack werewolf thug (sword) from the front row

We should put two people on every enemy.

For Heroica!!

Edited by soccerkid6

"Well. Shoulda seen this coming.

Ratabor

Tarn

William

Elgar

Atramor

Glorfindel."

Atramor stabs at the Werewolf Thug (Axe) from the front row, while Ratabor attempts to hit Werewolf Thug (Sword) in the same row as him.